It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday to Reverse Course in Ukraine"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here's my take on it. Kerry already knows what Russia will do (until Monday, which leaves time for the referendum on Sunday to legitimize Russia's claim to Crimea), and it will back down enough from annexing it but will leave Crimea in the Russian orbit nonetheless. Even if it remains part of Ukraine, which it likely will, Russia will be running and protecting it. The new Ukrainian government wanted to close the Russian base, eject the Crimean government and put in its own lackeys (to replace Russia's lackeys) - but those things will not happen and everyone in power knows it. So why is Kerry sword waving, drawing a Kennedyish line-in-the-Crimea?

Because Kerry wants to be the Democratic Party nominee in 2016 if Hillary doesn't run. She may not run, there is lots of time between now and then. Kerry is building up the power points, the tough guy points. If he's the nominee he's not going to get caught by the boaters again, he's going to be there with an invisible uniform on, tallying his counting-coups and showing those off to America. If Hillary doesn't run, Joe Biden is going to try for it, and even though both will be in their 70s, Kerry is planning on looking stronger than Biden, stronger than Jeb, or any of the rest. He's in the catbird seat, and Putin knows exactly what he's doing and will play along a little with it. Kerry already made that "accidential" deal with the Russians to solve Syria. He's going to go along with the deal on this one too. Kerry '016 is what much of this is about right now, and Obama, who has likely promised Hillary full-backing, probably isn't sure she is running or will continue to run (at her age one minor physical slip-up could derail her chances, and the same for Kerry but he's in very good shape for his age) and is allowing Kerry to build his points up. That's my analysis of the situation, and I personally have no worries at all about Crimea going south, or things going "wrong" there. The posturing is in public, not in private, where things get worked out over a few drinks and handshakes.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Soloprotocol
You have until Monday or else i,ll Release the Krakan..Muhahahaha...Muhahahahaha

And even then, there's not much to worry about...

edit on 13-3-2014 by facelift because: kill an 'o'

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't understand why swell guys like Putin don't get along with Obama more on the world stage. I mean, Obama got all their "endorsements" and support in the 2008 election and all that. Putin. The Chinese. Castro. Chavez. I'm fairly sure most/all the world's dictators and tyrants and suppressors of freedom (including those in the US) supported Obama heartily in 2008. Hmmmmm. I wonder why? Oh I remember! It's because they all have America's best interests at heart, and they want what's best for the American people! Yeah, that's it! How could I have ever forgotten all the endorsements the messiah got from the thugs of the world. So many ringing endorsements from them all.

And now? Now they're all making Obama look impotent and weak!? Who'd have thought they'd turn their backs on him like that after so heartily endorsing him? [/sarcasm.]

Or, maybe they just knew Obama meant a free for all after his re election, and easy geographical plumbs could be picked with the usual "you better stop that mean stuff!" from whatever Democrat is running foreign policy in the US, and the rest of the feckless, damn near pointless, West.

If tshtf in Ukraine, stand by for China to make moves on Taiwan (or worse) and for India and Pakistan to maybe get a little nutso too. Yes, hope and change indeed. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (going down the crapper)

Think Gog/Magog. A disaster of biblical proportions. Dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gozer

I'd hazard a guess that it's due to the fact Mr.Obama has changed drastically since 08...
Mr.Putin & the likes political ideologies haven't changed in the slightest!

However the political free-for-all you propose is equally realistic!!!

Then again it could be the HighHorse, Self-Righteous, Delusions of Grandeur that all US/UK Leaders all adopt once they reach Office!!!

Peace Gozer!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Does Europe want to risk having their gas supply cut off in retaliation?

Britain gets less than 1% of its gas supply from Russia.

I'm not sure about the other European countries, I think it might be substantially more.

I actually see this as one of the most threatening times in my lifetime.

It's getting a bit scary now.

I remember in the past, if something like this happened, there would be quiet, measured negotiations.

Nowadays, they're calling each other out like a couple of school bullies.

Kerry's hostile approach don't help none, but, make no mistake, Putin is the problem.

Just look at a photo of him, that's all I'm saying.

Makes Dubya look like Henry Kissinger.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
russians roebels to pay for the oil and gas......

that blows the oil / dollar market away...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Mr John New World Order Kerry at it again.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And there is this too:

(Reuters) - China's top envoy to Germany has warned the West against punishing Russia with sanctions for its intervention in Ukraine, saying such measures could lead to a dangerous chain reaction that would be difficult to control.

In an interview with Reuters days before the European Union is threatening to impose its first sanctions on Russia since the Cold War, ambassador Shi Mingde issued the strongest warning against such measures by any top Chinese official to date.

www.reuters.com...
With the rumors(?) that russia and China are minimizing their use of the dollar, things seem to be getting a bit complex.

“The American economy is just beginning to collapse. China, Russia and many other countries are moving away from using the US dollar in trade,” Linh Dinh said in an interview with Press TV on Tuesday.

“So when the US dollar loses its status as reserve currency, life will get much harder here. But coming months will show how desperate this situation is, so the lies will be even more insulting to people who have to suffer daily in this situation,” he added.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If Russia doesn't comply by Monday John will stick Them on Double secret probation.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

To be fair I dont think theres anything any adimitration can do.

Putin will laugh everything off expect military action and we dont want to go down that route.

Face it Putin won the crimea
edit on 13-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

They have until monday to reverse course or we will throw a tantrum, hold our breath, draw a red line, draw a 2nd red line, flip Putin the bird and will try to send Hillary to straighten it out, at which point Bill will have another affair.

I think I covered it all.....

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Mr John New World Order Kerry at it again.

Kerry is a joke, always has been, always will be. The biggest joke is the man who gave him his current job.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Then why dont you save Tibet? Our Venezuela? ....

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine" 

And if they don't comply we'll make it Tuesday, and so on and so on. Damn it, we mean it!!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
John Kerry picks the day after the Crimea referendum to give them his deadline.

It's likely too late by then. If Crimea votes to join Russia, then the Russians will send troops in "to defend their citizens". If Crimea votes to stay with Ukraine, then the Russians will send troops in "to defend the Russians living in Crimea".

The Referendum is on Sunday. By the time North America starts waking up on Monday morning, the full on Russian invasion will be well under way.

Every time there is something like this going on, it begins to read like every nuclear war movie that was ever written.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
No more fresh apple pies or maze (corn) for russia

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Good analysis Aleister. However, April is coming and it is bringing a doozy with it. This April has mad-craziness for USA, Obama, Putin, and Russia. I fear something bigger is going to happen than just sword waving for a 2016 bid.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A-hem..ACTORS (World Leaders)..Take your places!
It is a rigged match that has been planned for awhile. Bear with me. It is my belief that this has been planned since GHW Bush took office and quietly along with Cheney set off the 2nd cold war. Please don't forget that Daddy Bush had very similar credentials to Mr. Putin. He just played it to a very pliable public, as easily as mesmerizing toddlers. We have been and are being programmed. Bernays gave them a playbook and MSM put our thoughts into our heads: SINCE CHILDHOOD. Of course we have to choose sides in their made-up drama; that is what we have been raised to do.
Ask yourself this: Do you trust any of the politicians? What is this sleight of hand? ie..Things are erupting world wide including several BRIC nations. It is like stopping an out of control train. The world economy is in a panic, civil wars are breaking out everywhere, crazy earth changes, and most importantly (well, maybe not most importantly) we are in a time where the news or peoples' idea of news translates in seconds.
Now, how important do you think it is to the people controlling things to get a grasp on the "spin"?

Oddly (sarc) our "leaders" seem a little non-chalant. Golf, parties, vacations, oh...talks.

I think they knew what was coming, and just like the Great Depression Suicides, are going to go ALL OUT. The ones in the "know" laughed all the way to the banks.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

John Kerry, What a joke!

Our government started the whole mess which backfired on them, and so your going to threaten Putin?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Double post apologies

This is planned obsolescence. Not just one government, we have all been subjugated. They tell us who to cheer for and who to boo. What to eat and what to wear. Can't we just all do what we are good at and leave them to their arguments. Greed and power are destroying us and because they taught us to long for it, we fight for them. And they don't give a #e about us. How do you like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join