It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday to Reverse Course in Ukraine"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
OKAY .. IT'S MONDAY.

What are you going to do Mr. Kerry?

Keeping in mind that Crimea overwhelmingly voted to break with the Ukraine and join Russia ...

Are you going to try to stop the people of that foreign country from doing what they want??

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You totally beat me to the punch.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The sensible answer woiuld be that he's going to take up Russia's proposal for an "international support group", which is dangling the possibility of a diplomatic compromise- perhaps trading off recognition of the fait accompli in Crimea against stronger guarantees for the independance of the western portion.
The problem is that he has been taking uncompromising public stances which leave little room for manoeuvre between war and backing down.
We need a little less Woodrow Wilson, a little more Kissinger or even Macchiavelli.

edit on 17-3-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Probably best to ignore Kerry and McCain. Just don't give them the attention they crave.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

shappy
Probably best to ignore Kerry and McCain. Just don't give them the attention they crave.

It's dangerous not to keep one eye on a rattlesnake that is ready to strike ... ya know?

I bet Putin is laughing his backend off today ...
He got Crimea to vote to join Russia; he's sent in paratroopers; it's a done deal.
And yet there is Kerry drawing a red line in the sand.
I bet Putin has a big smile on his face.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

FlyersFan
OKAY .. IT'S MONDAY.

What are you going to do Mr. Kerry?

Keeping in mind that Crimea overwhelmingly voted to break with the Ukraine and join Russia ...

Are you going to try to stop the people of that foreign country from doing what they want??

It's not a country dear; that's the whole point.

It's a tiny area about the size of Wales, and it's been under Ukrainian administration since 1954.

How can it be right?

I suppose Mr Kerry will do what any reasonable politician can do in these situations - push for economic and trading sanctions.

His whole approach has been antagonistic from the outset, but he's basically on the side of the angels.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Or Else ???? , Below is your Answer

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry agreed on Sunday to seek a solution to crisis in Ukraine by pushing for constitutional reforms there, the Russian foreign ministry said.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

CJCrawley
It's a tiny area about the size of Wales, and it's been under Ukrainian administration since 1954. How can it be right? I suppose Mr Kerry will do what any reasonable politician can do in these situations - push for economic and trading sanctions. His whole approach has been antagonistic from the outset, but he's basically on the side of the angels.

I wonder, who did you have in mind as your "angels" here? Were these the same angels that hired snipers to shoot people on both sides to escalate the conflict?

This whole thing was started by 'the west' and seriously, don't ask me to pretend otherwise. Russia is in the right because this outcome was predictable. Russia hasn't done anything especially unpredictable or dastardly; they are the responsible player here, the ones acting rationally.

It's "the west" who is in the wrong because they were bungling and/or acting irresponsibly when they initiated this whole mess in the first place. How can it even be explained? Is this their hubris moment? Did they get greedy? How on Earth did they think they could succeed at kneecapping Russia by trying to flip the Ukraine with the old CIA playbook like it was Guatemala or even Mosaddeq's Iran?

Kerry is a boob for making a nebulous ultimatum; he will just look like an incompetent fool today. An ultimatum has to be specific and realistic in what it demands and backed by specific consequences you are prepared to follow through on. But overall, it's whoever called this whole shot for 'the west' who made a wildly incompetent move. "Angels" do not start crap they aren't competent enough to handle and create an absurd mess, damning the people who actually have to live down there in the crap they kicked up. Now 'the west' has to either blow up the world or do the right thing and find a way to back down from the absurdly chosen confrontation they initiated. Given how it has gone so far, can we even count on them to figure that much out?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

I don't know anything about snipers hired by the west.

Russia herself ceded Crimea to Ukraine long before the breakup of the Soviet Union.

For the last 60 years it has been under Ukrainian administration.

A country can't just roll its tanks over the border and annex part of another country.

Don't you see?

Or don't you want to see?

As one other poster pointed out recently; if the Mexican army annexed Texas on the strength that there were a majority of Texans who were pro-Mexico - would that be okay too?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I suppose nothing happened today then? I didn't catch any news about this...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

As one other poster pointed out recently; if the Mexican army annexed Texas on the strength that there were a majority of Texans who were pro-Mexico - would that be okay too?

in case you were not paying attention: when texas was considering seceding recently over homeland security cavity searching babies at airports washington threatened them with a no fly zone like the ones they put on Iraq

texas is a republic that can vote to do what ever they want
like crimea just did

go look

edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago49 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
I suppose nothing happened today then? I didn't catch any news about this...

Russia and Ukraine have signed a ceasefire agreement that expires on March 21. After that,...???

Danbones
in case you were not paying attention: when texas was considering seceding recently over homeland security cavity searching babies at airports washington threatened them with a no fly zone like the ones they put on Iraq

texas is a republic that can vote to do what ever they want
like crimea just did

go look

Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869) was a significant case argued before the United States Supreme Court in 1869. The Court held in a 5–3 decision that Texas had remained a state of the United States ever since it first joined the Union, despite its joining the Confederate States of America and its being under military rule at the time of the decision in the case. It further held that the Constitution did not permit states to secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null"

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reinmax

Yh exactly, my point was that to avoid a war the west would have to get the result that they wanted not the one the crimean people wanted.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Reinmax

SIPRI Yearbook 2013 – World's top 15 military spenders[edit]

Firs number is defence spending, 2nd is of GDP

World total 1,753 2.5
1 United States United States 682.0 4.4
2 China People's Republic of Chinax 166.0 2.0
3 Russia Russiax 90.7 4.4 5.2 116.0
4 United Kingdom United Kingdom 60.8 2.5
5 Japan Japan 59.3 1.0
6 France France 58.9 2.3
7 Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabiay 56.7 8.9
8 India India 46.1 2.5
9 Germany Germanyx 45.8 1.4
10 Italy Italyx 34.0 1.7
11 Brazil Brazil 33.1 1.5
12 South Korea South Korea 31.7 2.7
13 Australia Australia 26.2 1.7
14 Canada Canadax 22.5 1.3
15 Turkey Turkeyxz 18.2 2.3

Things have moved around a little. I don't think Russia which have much more than stated. They are not exactly all running around in Suhoi T-50's and T-90s. What new equipment they do have is in small numbers.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Reinmax because: Added reason for two numbers IE Amount and GDP

But when an american hammer can cost upto 500 dollars depending on who got the contract and a chinese or russian hammer can cost 5 dollars, it kind of puts things on a more equal footing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

JustXeno
But when an american hammer can cost upto 500 dollars depending on who got the contract and a chinese or russian hammer can cost 5 dollars, it kind of puts things on a more equal footing.

500 Chinese Type 99 Tanks
407 French Leclerc Tanks
400 Russian T90 Tanks
400 German Leopard Tanks
386 UK Challenger 2 Tanks

8,725 US Abrams Tanks

Equal footing?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's still Monday? We're waiting your Majesty? What diabolical punishment did you have for the Russians? Are you going to put John "bag o lies" kerry on the Comrade Channel and bore them into submission? Send them some naked photos of hillary! (cruel and unusual! Hell YA !) Make susan rice the ambassador to russia? Send the kardashians to Moscow for a vacation? replay old podesta or lanny davis rants over radio free europe 24/7/365 (either that or the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald. whichever one cretes less copyright issues). Send Bob Kostas back to Sochi, PERMANENTLY! Make they're only ISP choice COMCAST! (talking serious war crimes now)! or maybe complain to the UN. Any time your majesty. What. Oh, the frozen assets deal. that was your line in the sand? Why, that's not nearly wide enough. that wouldn't even cover the HUGE yellow streak you have running down your back! Yeah. I know. Your totally scary. You can go right back to sleep knowing your staff are being butchered in bengahzi, but you FORCED NAVY SEALS to help the libyans recover a boat load of blood money. And you probably can't see the irony in that. i'm not surprised. that giant chip on your shoulder probably gets in your way!
edit on 3172014 by tencap77 because: spelling.

edit on 3172014 by tencap77 because: Spelling and had to vomit. the thought of SEALS helping libyans when they should be killing them

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

yeah i was a bit fuzzy on the details I'll thank you for the correction

The Department of Justice under Barack Obama’s direction has threatened to make the state of Texas a “no-fly” zone if state lawmakers pursue legislation that would protect airline passengers from having their sex organs groped by Transportation Security Administration officials without probable cause.

The threat came yesterday from U.S. Attorney John E. Murphy, who warned state lawmakers, “Texas has no authority to regulate federal agents and employees in the performance of their federal duties or to pass a statute that conflicts with federal law.”
www.wnd.com...

Sheriff Mueller: Not Within Our Borders
In a letter addressed to Vice President Joe Biden, Linn County Oregon Sheriff Mueller wrote, “Any federal regulation enacted by Congress or by executive order of the president offending the constitutional rights of my citizens shall not be enforced by me or by my deputies,” adding, “Nor will I permit the enforcement of any unconstitutional regulations or orders by federal officers
www.countysheriffproject.org...

point being:
the spirit of the alamo is stil right up there in Texas, and the other states
washinston has no right telling russia not to be involved with crimea the same way they are involved with texas because if they ever decide to, Texas or any state can and will seceed, simply by choosing to

there will be a fight, but all the other countries can do what the us has been doing by supporting alciaduh all over the world, and they can send that state arms, troops, money, supplies, and supply propaganda servises the same as the us has been doing around the world to everybody elses' states.
if washington goes for the guns you just watch it happen just like that

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

METACOMET

JustXeno

407 French Leclerc Tanks
400 Russian T90 Tanks
400 German Leopard Tanks

8,725 US Abrams Tanks

Equal footing? [QUOTE]

Point taken but I think you know what i was saying, things just cost a lot more in the west, because of corruption and bribes.
yes I know other countries are corrupt also before you feel you have to spell it out for me.
But I bet if you gave all the countries a 100 billion dollars the western ones would get about 50% of the results china or russia could for the same expenditure.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

METACOMET

JustXeno

407 French Leclerc Tanks
400 Russian T90 Tanks
400 German Leopard Tanks

8,725 US Abrams Tanks

Equal footing?

Tanks would have rolled by now if that was a viable option. For some reason it is not.

Russia is seriously behind in several aspects of military technology as compared to USA. However war is complex and you cannot assume your victory on the basis of the tanks you have.

There is definitely a silent war being fought in Ukraine. Same as in Syria. The news channels are silent on true nature of this war.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno

Point taken but I think you know what i was saying, things just cost a lot more in the west, because of corruption and bribes.
yes I know other countries are corrupt also before you feel you have to spell it out for me.
But I bet if you gave all the countries a 100 billion dollars the western ones would get about 50% of the results china or russia could for the same expenditure.

Yeeeaaahh...

Corruption does not exist in other countries...only the US, right?

Obviously you have never been overseas. In some countries it is more overt, out in the open and obvious than here. In some countries if there is a civil action the judge will actually expect a payoff for the judgement. I know this from personal experience.

Don't be so totally obtuse.
edit on 20-3-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join