It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday to Reverse Course in Ukraine"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rock427

Your thinking is UTOPIAN...........which has absolutley no indepth in military or political or psychological matters. Too much fed in "rosy reports" from CNN bashing pre 1980s era armies.

No use arguing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

victor7
reply to post by rock427

Your thinking is UTOPIAN...........which has absolutley no indepth in military or political or psychological matters. Too much fed in "rosy reports" from CNN bashing pre 1980s era armies.

No use arguing.

Victor, you're really not one to talk. Reading your scenarios is like reading a poorly constrcuted tom clancy novel... While the Russian military was plundered like a 2 cent whore by the world after the fall of the USSR, there wasn't much we didn't know about in regards to Russias defense capabilities at that time. We found out how piss poor their avionics were, how sh*tty their radars were, etc. We also saw for the first time how far behind the Russians were to the US qualitatively and on a technical basis.

It's a well known fact that the Americans spend a lot more on defense than the Russians do...The US military R&D budget alone is $85 billion dollars...Russias entire defense budget is $90 billion. So in other words, when it comes to researching and developing new technologies, the Americans spend about as much on that as the Russians do ON THEIR ENTIRE MILITARY.

If we include the Black Budget (which are classified projects) that's another $100 billion on top of the $600 billion already spent EVERY YEAR IN AMERICA ON THE MILITARY! Russia simply cannot compete with the American military industrial complex. You people forget that money matters when it comes to these things (researching and procuring new programs).
edit on 16-3-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rock427

Same old UTOPIAN talk based on CNN events !!

Only thing I am worried about is F22s. Rest is decently under control.

Btw, NATO might break into pieces right from the first day onwards...........Go figure !!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

victor7
reply to post by rock427

Btw, NATO might break into pieces right from the first day onwards...........Go figure !!

It doesn't matter what you're worried about. I'm sure it doesn't make the Russians sleep any better because Victor from abovetopsecret.com isn't worried about this or that. Thats silly talk.

Edit to further say that Victor, this isn't a video game. Put the remote controller down.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

rock427

victor7
reply to post by rock427

It doesn't matter what you're worried about. I'm sure it doesn't make the Russians sleep any better because Victor from abovetopsecret.com isn't worried about this or that. Thats silly talk.

Edit to further say that Victor, this isn't a video game. Put the remote controller down.

Would you lose 'sweet dreams' if I say Russian Defense Budget is actually $225B a year.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

victor7
Would you lose 'sweet dreams' if I say Russian Defense Budget is actually $225B a year.

You can say whatever you like Victor...but ask yourself this. Who are you trying to kid? Me, or yourself?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rock427

how can you be so sure about the russian army budget when you have already said

I don't think you truly understand enough about the debt or economics to have a valid opinion on any of this. As for Russia, they hide their debt better.

maybe they do hide the army budget better ?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Dear FlyersFan,

I gave you a star. Just because. You started out with the EXACT same thought that went through "Vlad the I'm Paler's" head the instant john "Bag o Lies" Kerry shut his pie hole. Well done. and very spry. you opened this thread up probably BEFORE kerry even realizes HE IS that big of a dork! I can't see old Vlad the I'm Paler backing down on this one. it's a slam dunk. not only does he have the Europeans but the short curly's but he also has our astronauts lives, at his fingertips! He's got the world on a string as they say.
Well done Vlad. Patients pays off, and them russians are very patient! The only thing that really sucks about this whole thing? The U.S. is still in NATO? never mind why the IRS is spying on political activities of U.S. voters. Never mind the Affordable Health Care Act is a CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY. Never mind the U.S. doesn't have MANNED SPACE flight capacity. Since there is an EU, why do we still need to be in NATO? as a matter of fact, ask your congressman and senators the same thing! talk about saving a BOAT LOAD of cash! If we got out of NATO, we could afford some decent lawyers and put people like obama, holder, clinton, rice, pelosi, beohner, mccain, cruz, paul behind bars, WERE THEY ALL BELONG in the first place. and then we could tell the feral government, hey, look, last chance. you keep your jobs, lose the unions and get some work done for a change and we (THE STATES) will forget all about all the CRIMINAL CONSPIRACIES you have committed under the ruse of the "feral government". and that's just from leaving NATO. Imagine all the scratch we'd save if we closed all our embassies and brought all out troops home. How? we already have the replacements. The internet (Who NEEDS a state department) and the B-37B space bomber. Why send troops to Afghanistan or Canada when we can bomb them from space with a super-intelligent self aware space robot ? and by the way open warfare with Canada? Naw, just kiddin! We already have the NHL !

edit on 3162014 by tencap77 because: spellin and krapp !
Plus I'm using "Chrome" and they say IE is garbage! Guess again google turds !

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Dolby_X
reply to post by rock427

how can you be so sure about the russian army budget when you have already said

I don't think you truly understand enough about the debt or economics to have a valid opinion on any of this. As for Russia, they hide their debt better.

maybe they do hide the army budget better ?

I think you misinterpreted that point. There is only so much revenue generated every year. Russias entire federal budget is $440 billion a year. I very much doubt that the Kremlin is mismanaging the countries finances by spending half of all their outlays on the military. It could be more, but I wouldn't say substantially more than the allocated $90bn.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rock427

Thanks for the answer

Right now the vote ongoing in Crimea let's hope no one on each side dont make a violent move !

ps. (sorry for my short posts english is not my native language if you want me to write more be ready to get some french in ;P )

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
SIPRI Yearbook 2013 – World's top 15 military spenders[edit]

Firs number is defence spending, 2nd is of GDP

World total 1,753 2.5
1 United States United States 682.0 4.4
2 China People's Republic of Chinax 166.0 2.0
3 Russia Russiax 90.7 4.4 5.2 116.0
4 United Kingdom United Kingdom 60.8 2.5
5 Japan Japan 59.3 1.0
6 France France 58.9 2.3
7 Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabiay 56.7 8.9
8 India India 46.1 2.5
9 Germany Germanyx 45.8 1.4
10 Italy Italyx 34.0 1.7
11 Brazil Brazil 33.1 1.5
12 South Korea South Korea 31.7 2.7
13 Australia Australia 26.2 1.7
14 Canada Canadax 22.5 1.3
15 Turkey Turkeyxz 18.2 2.3

Things have moved around a little. I don't think Russia which have much more than stated. They are not exactly all running around in Suhoi T-50's and T-90s. What new equipment they do have is in small numbers.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Reinmax because: Added reason for two numbers IE Amount and GDP

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Dolby_X
reply to post by rock427

Thanks for the answer

Right now the vote ongoing in Crimea let's hope no one on each side dont make a violent move !

ps. (sorry for my short posts english is not my native language if you want me to write more be ready to get some french in ;P )

In that case, I take back the STD, aids and cancer comment! haha

Parlez-vous français ?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rock427

Hey. Fun exchange that you and victor are having. I really don't care how this turns out. it's in Europe and I'm not. and None of my kids are so, I say, have at it. There is one thing about russians I do know. if all they have is pointy sticks, they'll come at you with pointy sticks. and in any form of warfare, you'd better pay a lot more attention to the TRUE BELIEVER with a pointy stick, than a smart pilot in an F-22. That F-22 has to go home or find a tanker. That guy with the pointy stick will stand across the field and stare at you, for days on end. Europeans. Take a look around the world, and you'll notice (including the USA) that they've been
EVERYWHERE and messed with EVERYONE on the planet, and that is a fact. Especially the English and Spanish and Dutch. The fact that some places sent them packing doesn't change history. When it comes to warfare the Europeans have some skills and will. But then, the world already knows that. After all, the "World Wars" were all started in Europe. Just like this one will.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

I never made the connection before, and have just recovered from one of those near-fatal bouts of laughter that one is occasionally blessed to experience. WELL DONE. BRAVO ZULU !

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

rock427

victor7

You can say whatever you like Victor...but ask yourself this. Who are you trying to kid? Me, or yourself?

I am not kidding anyone and that's where indepth information comes real handy. Go figure !!

ps: I am not a warmonger. But believe that a well defined distance and space between NATO and Russia will be very good for the world peace. Ukraine is where the line was drawn in early 90s. Ukraine and near abroad (Georgia 2008) is where Russia WILL act up............no matter what the cost or outcomes.

Watch this vid from 3:45 when professor goes into serious mode.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
There's one more thing that Vlad the I'm Paler has going for him. He knows the mujahideen kicked his military's behind and kicked them out of A-stan. He also knows, the mujahideen have kicked NATO's military's behind and kicked them out of A-stan. The cold war machine the U.S. built and the Cold War Warriors are gone. Remember? they were all put out to pasture as part of the "Peace Dividend" Clinton was so proud of, and that was the end of that. Vlad the I'm Paler knows this. He also knows what every cold war warrior knows, but doesn't like to contemplate. To win any war, any modern war, you only have one choice. kill the civilians. when you have a Marine Corps Commandant that says stuff like "Non-Lethal" weapons are the way to go, if your a cold war warrior, you KNOW there's a problem with your military. When you have a Joint Chiefs of Staff that tell you we have the finest military the world has ever seen, and those are the same troops that the mujahideen just got done kicking out of A-stan, you KNOW you have a problem. Don't get me wrong. You give a MARINE, a Mujahideen and a Russian Combat Soldier each a pointy stick, and they'll go at each other until they're ALL dead from blood loss. The guys that get handed the weapons and get told to go and fight haven't changed since the time of Alexander or Xerxes. If a pointy stick is all they have, then pointy sticks it is. Einstein even says so. It's the REASON they get told to go and fight. In the case of the mujahideen, they're just fighting back against INVADERS. And they won again, because they DON'T HAVE ANY PLACE ELSE TO GO! Yeah, Vlad the I'm Paler knows all this. His eternal majesty obama and john "bag o lies" kerry don't have a clue. And as far as open warfare in Europe with the WARSAW PACT? Yeah. I did that for 20 years. Talk about a "No Win" scenario for both sides! When do we get started?
REFORGER was always one of my favorite things to do. Some of my ATS avatars are from REFORGER ! Can You guess which ones? I really don't care how bad Europe gets whacked this time. Russia and China only still have one military option wrt the U.S., nuke us or shut up. Even that famous Japanese admiral said invading the U.S. would only leaving you facing "A rifle behind every blade of glass" He must have forgot about the gasoline tankers and fertilizer!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah more empty threats, Putin is chuckling...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
...OR?

...Kerry will un-friend Putin on Facebook?

...Send him a strongly worded letter?

...Spread rumours about him in the UN cafeteria?

Kerry would have been better to just say nothing. Instead he just exposed how weak and ridiculous his position is.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join