page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine"
Oh really, Mr. Kerry? OR WHAT??

Lemme' guess, you'll call for sanctions and the E.U. won't go along with it because Russia supplies them with a whole lotta' energy. And of course the rest of the world could care less and won't go along anyways. Face it ... Russia is expanding and there isn't a darn thing that the Obama administration can do about it. And Putin won't back down. Putin doesn't blink ... ever. And he has absolutely no reason to back down.

So anyways .. things may heat up Monday ... or it may be just a bunch of hot air from DC (as usual).
Something to keep an eye on.

Washington Examiner - John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine

Secretary of State John Kerry warned of serious repercussions for Russia on Monday if last-ditch talks over the weekend to resolve the crisis in Ukraine failed to persuade Moscow to soften its stance.

Kerry will travel to London for a Friday meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov ahead of a Sunday referendum vote in the Crimea region to secede from Ukraine and join the Russian Federation.

U.S. and European officials argue that Moscow is orchestrating the referendum and waging an intimidation campaign with thousands of Russian troops controlling the region. If Russian-backed lawmakers in Crimea go through with the Sunday referendum, Kerry said the U.S. and its European allies will not recognize it as legitimate under international law.

The U.S. and Europe on Monday would then unite to impose sanctions on Russia, Kerry told a Senate Appropriations subcommittee Thursday during a hearing on the State Department's budget.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is both embarrassing and somewhat awkward.
What a joke Kerry is..

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Putin isn't going to back down. So, if Kerry is serious, this means sanctions against Russia will start soon. (maybe) The question is, which ones? Does Europe want to risk having their gas supply cut off in retaliation? If this continues, especially if Putin decides to advance in to eastern Ukraine then bad things are coming and the talking will stop. I actually see this as one of the most threatening times in my lifetime.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can see Herman Munster now with his clenched fist, threatening Russia "Lily, Grandpa, Eddie, Marilyn. I'm not kidding this time. You better listen to me or else". Ya, I'm sure Putin is shaking in his boots (with laughter at the empty threats). What a laughingstock our foreign diplomacy has become. God, I miss the days of Reagan.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Wookiep
Does Europe want to risk having their gas supply cut off in retaliation?

Heck no. Europe won't wreck their own economy over Putins expansion. Putin knows Kerry is blowing smoke out his backend. The Obama administration can do nothing about this. Their threats are like a two year old stomping their feet because they can't get a lollypop. Totally without anything solid behind them.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Or else. . . . . the US will give them until next month!

And they may even write a letter!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Lurch is the LAST guy we want speaking on our behalf. But at least he can remember his lines without a teleprompter. I guess he doesn't ingest Heinz ketchup.

On another note... China has been mighty quiet. I guess they are ready to grab some real estate of their own.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like some sort of "red line"....

And everyone knows how serious we are about those.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

beezzer

FlyersFan

Or else. . . . . the US will give them until next month!

And they may even write a letter!

Pretty much ...

Anything to perpetuate the distraction process of the 'other' present administration failures ongoing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have to type this entire line here so that I kinda stay within the TOC's of ATS

2nd KERRY IS A FRAKING IDIOT!

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You have until Monday or else i,ll fart in your general direction..

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I see....another lipstick pink line drawn in the sand.

Kerry is like a toothless dog. His spittle is flying again...

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

'Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine" - Or what? Will Obama call him on the phone again? Putin just lays the phone on the desk and goes about his business. When he doesn't hear anymore jibbering, he hangs up. Man vs. boy. I would love to have listened in on Putin's call to the Chinese President. China has the capability to destroy our economy, but the hand-wringers who have never taken a Chinese history class say they won't do it, because it would wreck their economy also. Yes it would, and they have already made the decision that at some point, it's a good trade. Get off your damned unicorns and play in the real world, with real nation-states that have real nukes and real armies!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Crimea is a strategic place, i bet US want to go there "help" Ukraine, but Crimea was Russia and its Russias backyard, they will not back down. And Putin doesn't even shake with that kind of statment, you have to remenber he was KGB. Imagine if US falled appart and there were no politics, and a guy from CIA became the president...
It's very dangerous to threat Russia right now, not just because of China, but also to remind half Russia is Muslim...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I dont know as of recently so many odd things have been happening in the world. The way it seems i worry that Obama will do something stupid like hes done for the previous 6 years. The american people need to buck up and tell this president to get his people out of foreign countries and stop instigating riots and revolutions less he wants one here at home. He wants to be remembered as historic lets pray he dont want to be known for the one that took on the bear. China's itching for the chance to start something throughout asia and without the us intervening they pretty much have a free hand to wreak havoc. Obama may be thinking a good global war can help our economy while depopulating an overcrowding asia.

Definitely scary times...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Putin won't back down and Kerry knows that.

Just more bluffing as usual, or is it?

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

US Joint Chiefs have said they are ready to go. Obama is not in a position of strength here but this may come down to a simple political determination. What may help a political leader when prospects are looking grim (mid-terms, low poll ratings, nobody taking him seriously) why a war of course. It may not work but I don't think the thoughts that sanctions will backfire are of much concern to this administration.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Bassago
US Joint Chiefs have said they are ready to go.

They always say that ... ready or not ... they say it. They have to. They can't go in front of the world and say that the USA is not ready for war any where at any time. Obama and McCain got the war in Syria that they were campaigning for taken away from them, so no doubt they'll be looking for another one somewhere else. Obama needs a war to distract Americans from the mess he's caused here at home.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Ohhh Mr. Kerry,,,you silly man....how uncomfortable it must be to say such things with a straight face...
edit on 13-3-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
or what Mr Kerry..you will send in Alciaduh?
edit on Thupm3b20143America/Chicago23 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join