It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews accepts Democratic loss of Senate.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

oblvion

Obama has taken that assurance away from our soldiers, it is like a true and sacred trust, it can never be violated, because once it is, it is next to impossible to get it back.

First of all, thank you for your service.

You're pointing to Benghazi as the moment when Obama "took the assurance away from our soldiers"?

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the President DIRECTLY ordered that operatives and Marines be "left behind."

(He didn't.)

Are you saying this one act would completely undermine, for now and all time, all confidence "no one gets left behind" that one soldier has in his buddies? That all duty and faithfulness has been utterly eradicated from our fighting men and women?

I don't believe you're correct in that assessment, no disrespect.
edit on 10Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:55:25 -050014p102014366 by Gryphon66 because: Better phrasing

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
well i think the dummiecrats are running scared and see the win by jolly in florida as a omen. even if it was a house election

Fla. loss a blow to Democrats' 2014 hopes Read more: thehill.com...

2014 Preview: Republican tops Democrat in Fla. election on jobs, economy message

many more articles from sources that have whatever flavor you like right ,left dem, rep, lib or whatever, saying basically the same thing.

then you add the mess that reid has stepped into. and seeing that he just did win last time.
thanks to Xcathdra for bringing this to the boards.EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee

then add all the back peddling that the dummies are doing, and how obuma keeps changing things in the obumacare fiasco.
it's plain to see they are worried and that the people are waking up to the BS they are pushing.

yep i think they hear the toll of the death bells, and know that their ride is over.
edit on 14-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Gryphon66
reply to post by oblvion

The Dems are power-mongers, just like the Repubs, just like anyone you put in power.

It's the nature of power.

These examples though, manufactured by the right-wing media machine, and oft repeated by adherents are merely flawed:

ACA/Obamacare: A great example of what can happen when no one in the Congress works together (aka the story of the last six years). Perhaps if the Republicans had worked with the process and done their sworn duty, instead of merely stamping their foot and pouting for political positioning, we'd have had a better law.

Benghazi: A tragedy that has been basely used to make political hay shaming the four Americans who died doing their duty. The ghosts of 241 American servicemen killed in Beirut wonder where the outrage was over their deaths.

IRS "Scandal": /sigh. This gets dredged up so often until we are reminded that the IRS also "targeted" progressive groups, i.e. they were doing their job.
edit on 10Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:47:22 -050014p102014366 by Gryphon66 because: Danged spurious apostrophes

Just to point out your flawed use of logic, ALL media save fox news and a couple of papers are DEM taking point messengers, hence their failing ratings, because what they spout is retarded to everyone but the blind followers that keep reading it.

Whereas right leaning media are doing well, because they use facts and logic, of course they "spin" it in their own way as well, but they dont make comments like "obamacare has made it so people dont have to work to have insurance", yes because what used to cost $200 a month now costs $600 a month. How can you pay for that without a job???

The left uses nothing but idiotic slant, at least the right bases their BS in reality.

There was BTW a lot of outrage over Beirut, you might have noticed if fox news was in business back then, but seeing how all media of the day was DEM controlled, you didnt.

Both sides suck a lot, one side sucks a lot less. The dems are the worst, they lie every time they talk, whereas the repubs only lie most of the time.

The devil you know, money grubbing repubs, or dems, who lie even when it is not needed?

Every single person alive with an IQ higher than their shoe size can tell BS when they see it, the dems are not these people, they blindly believe whatever absolutely retarded BS they are told by their leaders.

I cant believe you dotn see this.

The right also follows their leaders blindly, but the left does so with unimaginable ease, even when their leaders say things in complete disregard of any use of logic.

If the right killed a kitten, they would say "it was charging at us, we had no choice but to defend ourselves"

If the left killed a kitten, it would say " we didnt kill it, we removed the burden of carrying on its life functions, because we didnt want it to carry this burden any further."

Which seems easier to relate to?

The dems always use 453 words to explain their BS when a simple yes would work.

The right only uses 236 words to explain their BS when a simple yes would work.

Which seems more trustworthy to you?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

oblvion

Which seems more trustworthy to you?

Neither. I don't care if someone uses 10 words to lie to me or 10,000 words to lie to me. A lie is a lie, even if it is based in some truth.

ETA: Actually the ones that base their lies in a bit of truth are probably worse since at that point it is hard to pick out the lies from the truth. But then again the left (despite what you just said) is just as guilty of this.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Gryphon66

oblvion

Obama has taken that assurance away from our soldiers, it is like a true and sacred trust, it can never be violated, because once it is, it is next to impossible to get it back.

You're pointing to Benghazi as the moment when Obama "took the assurance away from our soldiers"?

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the President DIRECTLY ordered that operatives and Marines be "left behind."

(He didn't.)

Are you saying this one act would completely undermine, for now and all time, all confidence "no one gets left behind" that one soldier has in his buddies? That all duty and faithfulness has been utterly eradicated from our fighting men and women?

edit on 10Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:55:25 -050014p102014366 by Gryphon66 because: Better phrasing

If you loan me money every weekend, and I always pay it back on monday, for years now. Then suddenly I dont pay you back on monday, what will that do to your ability to trust me in the future?

Now imagine it is our lives in question, not just money.

I cannot say he ordered these men be left to die, but I can say without reservation he didnt order them help, because it would make him look bad before the election.

Soldiers talk, a lot, all the time.

We are miniature politicians, always asking questioning, always asking "what if?" scenarios.

We get bored guarding a pine forest in the ass end of nowhere 12 hours a day 7 days a week. We have every conversation that would boggle the minds of most "civies".

Once one single soldier gets left to die because it was politically expedient it spreads through the ranks at near lightning speed.

It forces every soldier to question if they will be the next guy left to die to make this asshat look good for his politics, not mine.

Please dont thank me for my service, it was my pleasure to serve the greatest nation on earth and her people. I did a lot and learned a lot about the human soul, and its place in this world.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Sooo ... it's your position that, even though the facts don't align with your opinion of what happened in Benghazi, American servicemen and women across the world have lost heart because of ... something that you're not certain really happened, but believe because it fits in with your dislike/hatred of President Obama.

Got it. I hope you're wrong. What these men and women face everyday is more than enough, without having this kind of baseless propaganda spread back home.

We are still at war. There was a time when it was considered treasonous to publish poppycock like this in wartime.

But those rules don't apply, anymore, it seems.
edit on 14Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:34:04 -050014p022014366 by Gryphon66 because: Switched positions of two posts to make more logical sense.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

I'd be glad to discuss anything logically, anytime.

Don't claim that my logic is faulty merely because you disagree with my positions.

I have to say though, our world-views are at 180 degree logger-heads; we probably wouldn't get anywhere.

Fox, Rush, Hannity, Beck, Coulter, et. al. push the most inane, error-filled, misleading, baseless, divisive BS I've ever heard.

MSNBC, HuffPo, yeah ... pretty much Democrat-oriented. But even their spin is NOTHING compared with Fox.

But NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN ... nah, they're just in it for the money these days. Fairly innocuous.

Oh, there was OUTRAGE a plenty over Beirut ... but we didn't try to hang it on President Reagan's neck.

He was a flawed man, I despised his policies, but he was the President.

Obama has not gotten even a partial recognition of the honor accompanying the Office ... even from Day 1 from your side of the spectrum. He's not that great a President, given, but he's not the Tyrant-Kenyan-Communist-Overlord the Right has made him out to be, either.

Best.

edit on 14Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:34:35 -050014p022014366 by Gryphon66 because: Switched positions.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
well i think the dummiecrats are running scared and see the win by jolly in florida as a omen. even if it was a house election

Fla. loss a blow to Democrats' 2014 hopes Read more: thehill.com...

2014 Preview: Republican tops Democrat in Fla. election on jobs, economy message

many more articles from sources that have whatever flavor you like right ,left dem, rep, lib or whatever, saying basically the same thing.

then you add the mess that reid has stepped into. and seeing that he just did win last time.
thanks to Xcathdra for bringing this to the boards.EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee

then add all the back peddling that the dummies are doing, and how obuma keeps changing things in the obumacare fiasco.
it's plain to see they are worried and that the people are waking up to the BS they are pushing.

yep i think they hear the toll of the death bells, and know that their ride is over.
edit on 14-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

All brought to you by ... the same delusional groups that claimed a Romney/Ryan landslide ... until Election Night.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Gryphon66
reply to post by oblvion

The Dems are power-mongers, just like the Repubs, just like anyone you put in power.

It's the nature of power.

It certainly is. But here is an important distinction that a lot of people miss when we're talking about the fact that the Dems and Reps are essentially the same people with different names. When you have an out of control Republican president and majority, it won't be long before pretty much everyone acknowledges it and those who won't just don't say anything.

When you have an out of control Democrat president and majority, you will not find many liberal voters who will ever admit these people are wrong and they will stoop to anything to defend them. Up to and including calling you a lunatic for noticing that these people are out of control.

So what am I saying? The Reps are no better than the Dems but if you don't like people who abuse their power with impunity, you're probably better off when the Republicans are in power. They'll still do it but they'll get called on it and you won't have to spend years arguing with people you might otherwise be friends with in order to get more than a few people to agree with you.

ACA/Obamacare: A great example of what can happen when no one in the Congress works together (aka the story of the last six years). Perhaps if the Republicans had worked with the process and done their sworn duty, instead of merely stamping their foot and pouting for political positioning, we'd have had a better law.

If the Democrats had not forced a law half of the American people did not want, none of this would have ever happened. The Republicans put their foot down because they don't like getting voted out for doing the opposite of what they were elected to do. Their constituents didn't elect them to work together with the Democrats on this vile piece of crap law. When not one of them voted for it, it should have been clear there was a big problem and it would be a very bad idea to pass it. The Democrats chose to ignore the wishes of tens of millions of people. But not only that, to simply ram this law through and FORCE people to comply.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a prediction.

midterms the dummiecrats lose the senate.
if not before the 2016 election, soon after the senate allows a house bill come to the floor and they vote to repeal the ACA.
if obama is still in he vetoes bill. congress overrides his veto.

if he is gone, new president signs it.

no matter how it goes, both side start work to enslave us with single payer healthcare.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You're probably right. Unfortunately, that's not even a first step in what the problem is with healthcare in the US.

1. There's too damn much litigation allowed. Doctors make mistakes and it's stupid to sue them.
2. Med school turn away 85% of applicants. Think about it.
3. Big pharma is a monopoly ... I don't care how many companies you can name. They're price fixing.

The government 'could' fix this very easily. They're not interested in that. They're only interested in seeing 'their side' prevail. My point is ... the current majority is running out of steam. They over-harvested introducing the ACA and it's time for the other side of the purple monster to start screwing us for a while. SSDD come November.
edit on 1432014 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

BrianFlanders

If the Democrats had not forced a law half of the American people did not want, none of this would have ever happened. The Republicans put their foot down because they don't like getting voted out for doing the opposite of what they were elected to do. Their constituents didn't elect them to work together with the Democrats on this vile piece of crap law. When not one of them voted for it, it should have been clear there was a big problem and it would be a very bad idea to pass it. The Democrats chose to ignore the wishes of tens of millions of people. But not only that, to simply ram this law through and FORCE people to comply.

Perhaps if the Republicans had offered any alternative plans, or had taken a proactive approach on their own to addressing the situation, or had taken any approach other than merely saying "No" ... the situation would turned out differently. Further, I'm not sure where you get the "half the American people didn't want" but, I believe that Americans are and have been fully aware that our healthcare system needed (and needs) fixing.

For example, Gallup, July 2009:

Majority in U.S. Favors Healthcare Reform This Year
Controlling costs a higher priority than expanding coverage
by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- As U.S. House leaders unveil a plan to reform the U.S. healthcare system, a USA Today/Gallup poll finds 56% of Americans in favor and 33% opposed to Congress' passing major healthcare reform legislation this year. Support for healthcare reform before the end of the year is sharply split along party lines, with 79% of Democrats in favor, compared with only 23% of Republicans.

(Source

Insurance costs rose every year for the last 10 years, hospital, medical and pharmaceutical costs are on a rocket ... and 50 million Americans had no coverage outside of ridiculously expensive Emergency Room care. Employers have been encouraged to drop healthcare benefits from their employement packages because, well, they can and all that matters after all is sustaining ridiculous company profits.

Face it, Republicans set themselves in 2008 to "deny Obama a second term." That was the only political strategy that mattered.
edit on 18Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:15:28 -050014p062014366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Gryphon66

BrianFlanders

Perhaps if the Republicans had offered any alternative plans, or had taken a proactive approach on their own to addressing the situation, or had taken any approach other than merely saying "No" ... the situation would turned out differently. Further, I'm not sure where you get the "half the American people didn't want" but, I believe that Americans are and have been fully aware that our healthcare system needed (and needs) fixing.

For example, Gallup, July 2009:

Majority in U.S. Favors Healthcare Reform This Year
Controlling costs a higher priority than expanding coverage
by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- As U.S. House leaders unveil a plan to reform the U.S. healthcare system, a USA Today/Gallup poll finds 56% of Americans in favor and 33% opposed to Congress' passing major healthcare reform legislation this year. Support for healthcare reform before the end of the year is sharply split along party lines, with 79% of Democrats in favor, compared with only 23% of Republicans.

(Source

Insurance costs rose every year for the last 10 years, hospital, medical and pharmaceutical costs are on a rocket ... and 50 million Americans had no coverage outside of ridiculously expensive Emergency Room care. Employers have been encouraged to drop healthcare benefits from their employement packages because, well, they can and all that matters after all is sustaining ridiculous company profits.

Face it, Republicans set themselves in 2008 to "deny Obama a second term." That was the only political strategy that mattered.
edit on 18Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:15:28 -050014p062014366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

So then, the ACA brought down costs right?
Oh that is right it made them skyrocket.

You are seriously going to try and claim it is the repubs fault the dems made this POS law?

You want to burn down my home, I flat out say no. It is now somehow my fault my home was torched, because I didnt help plan it out?

Your not thinking in rational terms here man.

I cant even work with your "logic", it isnt logical.

Please stop watching criss mathews, he is making your brain soft and eroding its once useful nature.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Gryphon66
reply to post by oblvion

I'd be glad to discuss anything logically, anytime.

Don't claim that my logic is faulty merely because you disagree with my positions.

I have to say though, our world-views are at 180 degree logger-heads; we probably wouldn't get anywhere.

Fox, Rush, Hannity, Beck, Coulter, et. al. push the most inane, error-filled, misleading, baseless, divisive BS I've ever heard.

MSNBC, HuffPo, yeah ... pretty much Democrat-oriented. But even their spin is NOTHING compared with Fox.

But NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN ... nah, they're just in it for the money these days. Fairly innocuous.

Oh, there was OUTRAGE a plenty over Beirut ... but we didn't try to hang it on President Reagan's neck.

He was a flawed man, I despised his policies, but he was the President.

Obama has not gotten even a partial recognition of the honor accompanying the Office ... even from Day 1 from your side of the spectrum. He's not that great a President, given, but he's not the Tyrant-Kenyan-Communist-Overlord the Right has made him out to be, either.

Best.

edit on 14Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:34:35 -050014p022014366 by Gryphon66 because: Switched positions.

I think you misunderstand my position here.

I am not a "righty". Ann Coulter is the worst kind of POS known to humanity.

Here, I think these 2 threads I authored will clear up my political beliefs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont follow any party lines on any subject.

I care about Americans, overall, above all else, even my own best interests.

This president is a POS, so was the last.

All party members on both sides are P'sOS, without exception.

Only people who can and do think, independent of some BS political philosophy, can ever bring us out of this dark age partisan BS.

Yes I speak plainly and use expletives constantly, IRL as well as the net.

This is what honest folks do.

They speak their mind, not hide it behind BS talking points.

I think you have branded me unfairly, I am in no way affiliated with any political ideology.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Gryphon66

Perhaps if the Republicans had offered any alternative plans, or had taken a proactive approach on their own to addressing the situation, or had taken any approach other than merely saying "No" ... the situation would turned out differently.

Obama himself had already offered an alternative plan. The plan he sold to the American people when he ran in 08 did NOT include an individual mandate. You can go search for it and watch the video on Youtube. The man just lied about it. He claimed the difference between himself and Hillary was her plan included a mandate and his did not. He even went as far as to say this difference was KEY.

At any rate, you don't pass a law that requires every American to buy something and tell your opposition they should offer a better plan if they don't like it. We had a better plan ever since the founding of this country. The right to choose not to buy into the insurance racket.

Further, I'm not sure where you get the "half the American people didn't want" but, I believe that Americans are and have been fully aware that our healthcare system needed (and needs) fixing.

OK. Roughly half of the people who voted in the last two elections voted against Obama. And that's ignoring the fact that he got into office in the first place with a pack of filthy lies that started to unravel almost as soon as he was in office. He suddenly "changed his mind" about the individual mandate when it could no longer cost him votes. Suddenly, that key difference between Obama and Hillary turned into Obama talking about how we need to be forced to buy insurance because we might get hit by a bus crossing the street.

I would go as far as to say that probably at least 10% of people who voted for him in 12 didn't even know about the mandate. And those who did probably had no idea he had lied about it to start with. And out of those who DID know he lied, almost every one of them brushed it aside as though it never happened.

Obama came in riding a vast wave of goodwill and his election had a lot to do with 8 years of Bush. Obama, the Democrats and their fans are 100% responsible for the way that has turned around. If he had been a decent president and hadn't passed a law so many people hate, the Republicans wouldn't have had a chance for many years to come. Instead, he told many lies (which are still coming out to this day) and has stubbornly clung to the one big one (about the mandate) that props up this whole corrupt thing.

Do not blame the Republicans for Obama's lies and deceptions. Nor for the refusal of his fan club to blame him for same.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't believe a law that was made by a person who lies as much as he does and treats me and everyone else in this country like livestock was created for my benefit.
edit on 14-3-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

your right, there is to much suing going on. ever notice how many lawyers advertising on tv for implant and drug law suits.
then on top of that, malpractices suits against doctors. which most time the insurance companies settle.

one morning a long time ago before all this healthcare noise started being to loud. i'm gonna say late 80.s early 90's. i was on the way to work one morning listening to the news. there was a report about insurance complaining about paying out 25 million in malpractices suits.
but the reporter noted that the companies failed to mention that they took in close to 110 million in premiums.

another thing that bothers me is, you never hear one politician, doctor, hospital or insurance company ever talk about what i see as the real problem which the is cost that hospitals, doctors and insurance companies charge or the games they play in settling of the bill.

hospitals and doctors pad the bill, insurance company says no, send it back and it goes round and round.
that's what needs to be fixed. and like you said drug companies play their part to.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

I dont follow any party lines on any subject.

I know you like the back of my own hand!! LOL

When are we gonna stand up and get Our voices heard? Maybe after wealth is removed from the election equation.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

oblvion

So then, the ACA brought down costs right?
Oh that is right it made them skyrocket.

1) I didn't claim that.
2) Nope, here are the national averages from Kaiser for the past 10 years.

Annual family health insurance premiums, Kaiser Family Foundation (Source)

Year / Amount / Percentage increase over previous year

2004 / $9,950 / --

2005 / $10,880 / 9.34

2006 / $11,480 / 5.51

2007 / $12,106 / 5.45

2008 / $12,680 / 4.74

2009 / $13,375 / 5.48

2010 / $13,770 / 2.95

2011 / $15,073 / 9.46

2012 / $15,745 / 4.46

2013 / $16,351 / 3.85

You are seriously going to try and claim it is the repubs fault the dems made this POS law?

No, I didn't claim that. I stated that it was the Republican's sworn duty to make laws on behalf of their constituency. Instead, they merely said "no" to any addressing the health care crisis in this country, turned their sights on stymieing the President's agendas, and STATED that their sole reason for being there for the next four years was to keep Obama from being re-elected.

Are you disputing that they said this? Are you disputing that Republicans offered no alternative solution to the problems? Are you disputing that the only Republican response to the development of the ACA was "No"?

You want to burn down my home, I flat out say no. It is now somehow my fault my home was torched, because I didnt help plan it out?

Ah, a homespun example that has nothing to do with any claim I made. And you call this "logic"?

Your not thinking in rational terms here man.

I cant even work with your "logic", it isnt logical.

Please stop watching criss mathews, he is making your brain soft and eroding its once useful nature.

Well, when I see some logic from you ...

I don't watch Chris Matthews, he's an idiot. Why would you think I watch MSNBC?

Who's making gross assumptions and false accusations now?
edit on 23Fri, 14 Mar 2014 23:14:45 -050014p112014366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

BrianFlanders

At any rate, you don't pass a law that requires every American to buy something and tell your opposition they should offer a better plan if they don't like it. We had a better plan ever since the founding of this country. The right to choose not to buy into the insurance racket.

You're speaking in generalities that are impossible to address with the facts.

However, I'll wander into the field of "what if" with you. Why didn't the Republicans offer a plan which dealt with the very clear issues with our insurance/healthcare system over the last 15 years? Why didn't the Republicans work WITH the Democrats to achieve changes to the ACA more in line with what they felt was best for their constituency?

What is the answer to continually increasing insurance costs and medical costs?
What is the answer to 50 million Americans with no health insurance?
How is it better for the uninsured to wait until they are so sick they have to go to an Emergency Room for indigent treatment that directly affect the costs that all of us pay for care?

ACA is a horrible law. Where is the Republican alternative? Is the Republican alternative simply "no"?

Is that an acceptable answer?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Gryphon66

oblvion

(He didn't.)

it was under his watch as commander in chief!!

hillary was stevens boss.

it was her that f'd up and obama is her boss!

nothing was done to get there. at all!

the gd reporters were there before the military.

if the dems can't see how screwed that is, then they don't deserve to be anywhere near our military.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join