It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul's Plan B

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by buster2010

buster2010

gladtobehere
reply to post by BritofTexas

This really the best you can do?

That he wants to keep his old job in-case his bid for POTUS isnt successful and that he supposedly copied parts of an article?

He filibustered to stop drone strikes, is suing the NSA, tried to stop the indefinite detention provision of the NDAA (taking on McCain in the process), is against SOPA/PIPA etc. (I'm sure I missed some).

If youre serious (and I'm assuming that this is a joke), youre setting a very high standard.

I'm sorry, but Hillary isnt worthy of licking Rand Paul's boots.

So just because he has done some good things in office laws should be changed to benefit him?

What's Hillary got to do with this the article says nothing about her. Seeing how Rand stabbed his own father in the back when he was running for the nomination if that doesn't prove he is not to be trusted then nothing will.

“Federal law governs federal elections, and the Supreme Court has made it clear that states cannot impose additional qualifications beyond those in the Constitution,” Doug Stafford, a senior adviser to Mr. Paul, wrote by email. “We are not seeking to change the law, but rather to clarify that the Kentucky statute does not apply to federal elections.”

I fail to see the issue.

Me mentioning Hillary has to do with the OP's political leanings unless he cares to clarify who he thinks is a better choice than Rand.

When Rand was running for Senate, he said he would back the nominee, regardless of who that was, and thats what he did.

So he did what he said he was going to do. Rare for a politician, I know.

You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger Ron Paul supporter than me.

But even I realize that if you want to progress in DC, you cant be anti-establishment, all of the time.

Rand understands this very well.

Surprised ATSers dont see whats going on here.

edit on 13-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

He started supporting Romney before he had the nomination. If the OP is a Democrat what makes you think he would support Hillary? Has he started any let's support Hillary threads?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

gladtobehere
Me mentioning Hillary has to do with the OP's political leanings unless he cares to clarify who he thinks is a better choice than Rand.

Dora the Explorer would be a better choice. In fact, even her Monkey Boots would be a better candidate. They are just two of the countless amount of more qualified candidates.

When Rand was running for Senate, he said he would back the nominee, regardless of who that was, and thats what he did.
So he did what he said he was going to do. Rare for a politician, I know.

Double Speak, however, is not........Rand Paul Shockingly Now Supports The Use Of Drones On US Soil To Kill Americans-So What Was That Filibuster Thing All About?

You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger Ron Paul supporter than me.

You support a 21yr career Politician? Good for you.

But even I realize that if you want to progress in DC, you cant be anti-establishment, all of the time.
Rand understands this very well.

So anti-establishment he's changing the rules to run in two races? What a Rebel!

Surprised ATSers dont see whats going on here.

Don't worry, I'm sure they do. Do you?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Dora the Explorer would be a better choice. In fact, even her Monkey Boots would be a better candidate. They are just two of the countless amount of more qualified candidates

I agree. A star on your post.
There are a lot of Senators and Congressmen on both sides of the aisle that could be replaced by Boots to improve our legislative branch.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So just say it already, youre campaigning for Hillary or the Democrat of choice.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Even an example of someone "anyone" who would be a "better choice".

ETA.

I'm not the least bit surprised that you dont like Ron Paul.

FYI, much like Rand, Ron Paul had a career as a Medical Doctor before he went into politics.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So he just wanted to support Romney cause Rand is a jerk?

It must have been clear that he was going to get the nomination.

I was venturing a guess as to whom the OP supports.

Give it some time. I'm sure we'll find out before the next election rolls around.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
olaru12
reply to post by gladtobehere

I doubt if Rand will even come close to getting a GOP nomination. He doesn't appeal to women or minorities and the gop is desperately looking for someone that will. They full well know that with out the ladies and minorities they are SOL.

I also don't think Hillary will run due to health problems; but rest assured the DNC will trot out some pretty boy, well versed in the art of campaigning.

The Republicans had a shot at the presidency with Dr. Paul but true to form they chose another loser even worse than McCain/Palin.

I'm beginning to think the Republicans are so comfortable in the number 2 position that they really don't want to win the presidency and are content to try to control the house and senate.

The GOP has some fine, electable members but the GOP has such an aversion to moderates that I doubt if they will even be considered.

As a Libertarian, I'm hoping Gary Johnson gives it another try. I worked for Gov. Gary last time and those folks know how to party.
edit on 13-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join