It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please respect my religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I can agree with you for the most part . I think the icon thing is only another distraction and division away from more important things .I fell the same way about state flags as well but it was the issue about the problem with keeping the law if they put the religious symbols into the law . The way I understand it and I am sure I don't completely but I was wondering how if marrying and burring requires a licence to perform ,and the state is required to follow there own law about religious symbolism ,then how are they going to get around this as it is usually the religious institutes that perform that function for the most part . They have a state issued licence to carry out that function . There may be no conflict in it for now but consider how laws are challenged daily I was thinking there just may be one in the future .

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't know about other religions, but Christianity says it's "the only way".

Christians aren't condemning anyone. We're just following what the Bible says.

In our eyes, you've condemned yourselves!
edit on 14-3-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

The part in your post "we are just following what the bible says " might be the none nonsensical part of your post .We just read what the bible says ,might be a correct way of stating it .The op is about respect and not condemnation .And if you wish to condemn Christians or think that we are condemning ourselves ,I respect your religion to do so ....peace

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hey the religious people made their bed. They need to lie in it now. Marriage is now a secular institution in this country. That isn't going to change anytime soon.

i didn't make any such thing. i was born. that was it. i didn't crusade, nor any of the other things mentioned in the video. well i take that back, at one point, i wasn't sure what to make of homosexuality because i wasn't homosexual, but it didn't make me not like homosexual people just as much as heterosexual people. of course, i didn't marry a homosexual because i'm heterosexual. all of this is rather a moot point. all i see it doing is inevitably resulting in the deaths of alot of females, mostly becaue females not only create more humans (we're the heifers in the herd), but we ladies are also in larger numbers in every religion. i feel that any attempt to eradicate religion will result in the deaths of billions of women. not a good plan.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

undo
i feel that any attempt to eradicate religion will result in the deaths of billions of women. not a good plan.

No I don't think this will be the case. What will happen is the feminine and masculine energies will be identified and woman will lose their manipulative abilities as much as men will lose their dominating abilities.
War is where people die in the billions. This is ongoing with religion so to me your point is rather clinging to an idea that we are slaves who need to serve for protection. I can understand your fear though, if I was a woman I would feel helpless being exposed too.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

undo
i feel that any attempt to eradicate religion will result in the deaths of billions of women. not a good plan.

No I don't think this will be the case. What will happen is the feminine and masculine energies will be identified and woman will lose their manipulative abilities as much as men will lose their dominating abilities.
War is where people die in the billions. This is ongoing with religion so to me your point is rather clinging to an idea that we are slaves who need to serve for protection. I can understand your fear though, if I was a woman I would feel helpless being exposed too.

exposed ? dead is more than exposed. and i don't believe religion is serving for protection. i believe it is teaching us about ourselves as individuals, although not all appear to have the same end game. in my belief, women and men were already equal, but it took 2000 years to finally get it to that point. also, there was not supposed to be slaves or masters, but everyone equally serving each other. it took another 2000 years for that to arrive as well, only to find we are heading right back into that monstrosity of social order again. lots of dead women and another who knows how long of slavery to a bunch of eliteness know it alls is not my idea of advancing as a society.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

undo

UltraverseMaximus

undo

exposed ? dead is more than exposed. and i don't believe religion is serving for protection. i believe it is teaching us about ourselves as individuals, although not all appear to have the same end game. in my belief, women and men were already equal, but it took 2000 years to finally get it to that point. also, there was not supposed to be slaves or masters, but everyone equally serving each other. it took another 2000 years for that to arrive as well, only to find we are heading right back into that monstrosity of social order again. lots of dead women and another who knows how long of slavery to a bunch of eliteness know it alls is not my idea of advancing as a society.

Exposed as in people males will no longer be servants to primal instincts which is the only reason that woman are holding the ace right now. I love woman more than my own hand, but I see more men being killed in the line of duty than woman. I see everyone being collateral damage in wars too.

Religion is exactly that, serving for the illusion of protection or security. Without people being brainwashed into thinking killing is serving a god (suicide bombers etc) there can be no leverage for this kind of control and conduct.
If religions keep people locked in a box of low intelligence destruction and genocide then we no longer need it. This is not 2000 years ago and nothing has changed much accept our ability to create distractions and kill more people than ever faster than ever.
I believe woman and men are also equal, but they have rolls too. Unfortunately men have more strength and this makes woman insecure in themselves. Men have less intuition than woman so this makes them insecure. (These are generalisations based on my data samples)

I will be honest with you, people who abuse their intuition to manipulate are the worst type of leviathan I know.
Behind every great man is a great woman pulling the stings. This privilege is over now and in time it will be realised.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

hrm, you appear to be going in a direction that sounds rather unrelated to the topic.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

undo

hrm, you appear to be going in a direction that sounds rather unrelated to the topic.

Appearances can be deceiving.
So is perception. But since your angle is to deflect to the mods I will leave you with a final thought in good intent.
The reason that woman appear to be oppressed and enslaved is a direct result of manipulating consciousness. The Universe does not mess around and will balance itself via attitude. If the person can see the cause and effect there are no free rides for any gender really. Just look around it is everywhere reflecting the opposite to what is really going on.

edit on 14-3-2014 by UltraverseMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

undo

Appearances can be deceiving.
So is perception. But since your angle is to deflect to the mods I will leave you with a final thought in good intent.
The reason that woman appear to be oppressed and enslaved is a direct result of manipulating consciousness. The Universe does not mess around and will balance itself via attitude. If the person can see the cause and effect there are no free rides for any gender really. Just look around it is everywhere reflecting the opposite to what is really going on.

edit on 14-3-2014 by UltraverseMaximus because: (no reason given)

it isn't a deflection, but if i respond to your points, we will head forever off into debating the particulars of the male-female dynamic instead of respecting or not respecting personal belief systems.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

This makes sense and I respect your wish.
So, we are now back on "topic" hehe

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
so what do you think of this avenue of logic:

i have been pondering what all this could possibly mean, IN THE BIG PICTURE. you know the picture, the one that spans written history and any extrapolations via archaeology/geology/anthropology, etc, before written history, and via other branches of science into the future.

so we have some 5000 years of written history that was near instantaneously pitched in the university waste bin of europe during the enlightenment. contained in that ancient history is evidence of genetic manipulation, recombinant dna, hybridization of humans, extra-terrestrial visitations and invasions, wars using advanced technology, faster than light travel, a guy some 4000 years ago witnessing a super massive black hole in its active phase while riding as a guest in an extra-terrestrial craft, and so on.

this tossing of our ancient past into the trash can, has resulted in many being totally unaware of what they may face in the future. it seems so dang convenient that all that would be labelled mythology just in time for the rise of industrialization, miniaturization, computerization, space travel and etc. how very oddly well timed that was.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think our history is important myself. With that said our true origins have been lost and or manipulated so I can only tell that we came from Mars. Mars is a relic for what we should not repeat and I do believe Enlil and Enki are from the earliest religious doctrines available as far as I am aware of anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

undo

Krazysh0t

Hey the religious people made their bed. They need to lie in it now. Marriage is now a secular institution in this country. That isn't going to change anytime soon.

i didn't make any such thing. i was born. that was it. i didn't crusade, nor any of the other things mentioned in the video. well i take that back, at one point, i wasn't sure what to make of homosexuality because i wasn't homosexual, but it didn't make me not like homosexual people just as much as heterosexual people. of course, i didn't marry a homosexual because i'm heterosexual. all of this is rather a moot point. all i see it doing is inevitably resulting in the deaths of alot of females, mostly becaue females not only create more humans (we're the heifers in the herd), but we ladies are also in larger numbers in every religion. i feel that any attempt to eradicate religion will result in the deaths of billions of women. not a good plan.

I think you missed the point of my post you quoted. What I was referring to was the fact that religious people let the government (or forced, you decide) regulate marriage. When the government gets involved, it means that everyone is entitled to it. So the religious people who let (or forced) this to happen need to either accept that anyone can marry who they want or campaign to have it decoupled from government.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Danbones

Krazysh0t
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Hey, I don't want to get married at all. It's going to take a very forceful woman to get me to change my mind. I understand that I can be just as happy without legal documents or religious people telling me that we are together. That way I don't have to worry about divorce, I just break up with her.

Women though, in some ways are all about marriage because they need the security of knowing its a shared responsibility for what they often end up being stuck with on their own...they have to face an element of risk that men do not.

That could be a good reason for me to get married, but that is a bridge I will cross when I come to it. Until then, you know my stance on the matter.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Well, even though I rarely see eye-to-eye with you (I've lurked many years), your post has gotten me quite excited.

"You know, this is where many people go wrong, they do not know the teachings of other religions. Take my religion for instance, and the one I follow."

You've caught my attention, and my telescope is turned towards you. Enlighten me, which religion is this, that accepts others of different denominations?

"In other words, hell is also not eternal for most."

I was under the impression there is no biblical hell. I could site various sources, but there is no need, as they are abundant. Maybe you mean a different religion's 'hell'.

"I have faith that the God I worship is Just, and that He will wrong no man. This above all, I believe and I follow."

That's really great, but what about the other Gods? They're not as good, or don't exist?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Cinrad
I cannot respect your religion because I don't believe it is true, in fact I believe that it is an outright lie and harmful to you and its followers. However I will always respect you and your intellect. I will not demean you for believing what you believe, nor do I even feel like I should. I will not discuss your religious beliefs in a flippant or derogatory way and will approach any such discussion with an open mind and attitude of "what can I learn from this". What would you rather, that I respect your religion or respect you?

To ask me to "respect your religion" is to ask me to accept that your beliefs are as valid as mine, even though they may be diametrically opposed. My beliefs do not allow me to believe that two opposing beliefs are equally valid or of equal value. You may or may not disagree with my belief, that does not lessen your value in my eyes. Perhaps we could have a discussion about it. That would be nice, we might learn something from each other, in time even change what we believe.

Having said the above, I have no idea what your religion is, it might be the same as mine, I am just making a point.

edit on 13/3/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

Truly one of the most intelligent, reasonable and empathetic responses I've ever read.
Posts like this are one of the reasons I love ATS so much -
We are given gems of wisdom by our very own.
You've taught me today and I thank you Cinrad.

First time I've used this smiley:

Go members!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

While we might not agree with their religion, we still have to respect them as people. But as Americans who believe in the freedom of religious expression and we say those rights came from God, then we have to defend their right to express their religion, even if we disagree with it.

The best way of presenting our religion is living up to it and showing them why it is a better way. We can debate all we want, but at the end of the day they are going to believe what they want to believe. We need to leave it up to God to turn their hearts. But we must live ours. If we believe in Christian charity, then we need to live Christian charity. Who is my neighbor? Jesus just said "love thy neighbor as thyself".

My favorite line from a TV show called Christy, Miss Alice responds to a question, "Perfection belongs to God". Knowing this, let God do His perfect work. After all, we've all incorporated things into our worldviews that we know probably aren't in agreement with the religion we were taught. Sometimes we actually go against our religious teaching in order to justify behaviors.

I don't know if you are a Christian, but I am. I have to respect people, otherwise I am doing the job of God, and I wasn't hired to do it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnTheSmith

I do apologize but I have just now saw your reply to me.

In my religion there is only 1 God, but different people call him by different names due to there being different languages, and of course cultural influences on religion as a whole in different regions. But one God all the same.

We believe that all people's had Prophets sent to them by God, and that no people's was left out.

As far as what religion I follow, its Shia Islam... I am a follower of the 12 Holy Imam's (as) from the Progeny of the Prophet Mohammed. (saw)
edit on 17-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I was raised a Christian, went to a Christian school, but as years passed I began to question. I studied other religions, and then I made a decision.

I went right back to the beginning, before anyone taught me anything and decided to unlearn the stories that had been told to such an innocent mind. What I found was humbling.

Take a step back for just a few moments and think about everything you believe that is religious based.

Where did you learn about it?

We were not born with this information already inside us, someone or some group taught us, and most likely they were human beings.

Someone also taught us about Santa Claus.

Someone also taught us about the Easter bunny.

All of these things exist, in books, people minds, and if someone has enough faith they will believe in just about anything without further questioning, this is called "Blind Ignorance".

The one thing religion can hang its hat on, is the fact that no one can prove, nor disprove the existence of God, but we can say the same for just about anything that we know that we can't see. The other thing that many religions do is get people chasing their tales by proving the truth by pointing to a book, or passages.

So let's see here I'm supposed to believe all these stories because they are in a book, and that somewhere many years ago a powerful being/beings gave the absolute truth to write down.

We can't even keep our stories straight after ten minutes, and we are supposed to believe in stories that emanated thousands of years ago from a being that no one can see?

What I will respect is someone that has found love, compassion, kindness, and empathy within themselves, thus making them someone that doesn't need a religion, or any dogma to tell them how to act, think, behave, or live.

Peace,

RT

edit on 17-3-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join