It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mastering desire to attain perfect form in the ring... elements of self mastery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Boxing from the perspective of a martial artists. In order to master my inner warrior and manifest perfect will into the ring i have to first master my innate and carnal desires outside of the ring. First is sexual mastery. I must attain perfect sexuel mastery and channel that sexual desire and energy into my warrior spirit and allow it to manifest as strength and will, explosive power.

Next i have to master my desire to eat at will. I have to know what to eat and when and not allow myself to deviate from this path in order to maximize performance and physical form.

I have to seperate my mind from my body in order to push myself further in training, to run harder, to punch faster, to move quicker against my opponent. My movements must be perfectly timed and sharp. In order for this to happen i have to master the first two elements of mastery.

Finally i have to achieve maximum focus and presence of mind. I need to accurately and honestly make self assessments in order to formulate a realistic game plan to operate out of according to my strengths and weaknesses. Each move is highly calculated and meticulously planned out. Every step, every jab, every cross, every dip and slip has a purpose. With every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I have to dictate my opponents every move and be in full command at all times. In order to do this i have to have complete presence of mind and live in the NOW completely. I have to be able to observe and act and execute every movement with complete focus.

Anyway this is my expose on the metaphysical side of fighting.
edit on 3/12/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Finally i have to achieve maximum focus and presence of mind. I need to accurately and honestly make self assessments in order to formulate a realistic game plan to operate out of according to my strengths and weaknesses. Each move is highly calculated and meticulously planned out.

My approach both with training and I guess the 'metaphysical side' was quite the contrary.

We trained hard with the aim that we wouldn't be making these assessments and calculations in the midst of combat. Train to the point where your body simply reacts to the opponents movements. Mushin no shin.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I think that it's also similar to the left-hand path of controlling your emotions. I remember that the Ra material mentions a lot of the stuff that you're mentioning, but in a different way.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I used to think that too untill i got deeper into game planning. I still rely on instincts and reaction timing but if im not present in the now and im not actively engaged in formulating movements and drawing reactions and controling the pace then im not utilizing all of my ability.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

but if im not present in the now

That's just it. Thoughts tend to bring us out of nowness.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
My approach both with training and I guess the 'metaphysical side' was quite the contrary.

We trained hard with the aim that we wouldn't be making these assessments and calculations in the midst of combat. Train to the point where your body simply reacts to the opponents movements. Mushin no shin.

Interesting, I've only trained in the martial arts as a child, but as I read the OP for some reason I saw the idea of "control", controlling his actions, and as in the way of the Tao, everything already is complete anarchy which is perfection, hence, allow yourself to move with the flow.

But something tells me as well, neither of you are wrong

top topics

join