Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Reading this is like morbid fascination, I dont want to watch or participate, but cant stop looking.

You nailed it dead on the head.

Please Sir, continue......sometimes the abusive truth hurts the mind and senses, it is still the truth though.
edit on Thu Mar 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course [subbed quote for REPLY TO]

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Skyfloating

No. I`m seeing the point he was making every day in real life. The American "poor" walking around with i-phones, having cable-TV and all sorts of luxuries and then complaining about how expensive healthcare is.

Sky,

The problem I have with anyone seeing his point is Obama does not live in reality, nor does anyone close to him. Our entire government is one big special interest puppet for large corporations.

Yes people walk around with cell phones and have cable, but it is not even close to what the totals of healthcare costs.

Basic health care is around $300 to $400 average so $4000 just to join the club, and this is just 80/20 coverage with a $6,000.00 to $7,000.00 deductible.

How many people can afford this type of insurance?

Then if they get sick they have to cough-up almost $10k a year and this is just for single people. Families are higher and if people have health issues the figures are staggering.

Most people live paycheck to paycheck these days.

Nothing has been reformed, just sugar coated.

My second issue is the fact that all of this was rammed down our throats from large corporate america, and enforced by their puppet government.

I did a thread on it awhile back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace,

RT
edit on 13-3-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, I did leave out the best part. People that think, oh well, once I get that 10k deductible out of the way, and the insurance kicks in, I am good then. Right?

Shyeah, but you neglect that 10% copay once that insurance kicks in? Even 10% of 40,000 k is a lot to most people.

So, you are on the way home from church on the eve of a holiday. The other guy on the road, lets call him an undocumented worker for the PC crowd, decides he would rather knock back a suitcase of beer rather than go to church.

He nails you, t-bones you, penetrates the cabin on your car. A 3 foot intrusion, not YOUR fault, you had the green, HE ran the light.

Trauma, unidentified until your family either comes looking for you, or the police knock on the door.

Major head injury, multiple fractures, intubated, laying in the ICU. Multiple surgeries to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. A neurosurgeon to keep your brain from being something people might call a dinner name, and 2 months in the hospital, 3 months in rehab, out of work a year.

Do you feel lucky? Do you? Why? Got car insurance? Unisured motorist? Major medical on your auto policy? Not going to DENT these bills.

Meanwhile, the undocumented worker came through largely unscathed. God loves drunks. He goes to jail, MAYBE. Then he is let go. Nothing they can, or will do, he has no identity, no license, certainly no insurance.

Hope you had a REAL good job with full benefits.Short and long term disability, at least, that way, you MAY not lose your job and insurance. Hope you were there, full time, at least a year, so you can claim FMLA.

Every doctor that saw you will bill you seperately.

The ER Trauma doctor, the ER doctor that paged him.

Every CT, MRI, XRAY, will bring a radiology bill that was NOT included in your hospital bill, and rehab bill.

The pulmonologist that took care of you while you were intubated, on the vent.

The orthopedic surgeon that put your bones back together.

The plastic surgeon that kept your pretty face.

The neurosurgeon that fixed your brain.

The therapists in the hospital that help teach you to walk again.

The ambulance.

Rehab.

Any medical equipment you may need at home. A bed, a walker. Wheelchair, bath seat, bedside commode, a cane.

Home health nursing. Home PT, OT.

Each a seperate bill from the nearly two million, plus you are likely racking up. Maybe more.

So, lets see. What exactly, IS your responsibilty?

Well, if you had a standard 10k deductible, there's that. Then, you have 10%, until you reach a cap out of pocket maximum for the year. That can vary, and be up to 10, 20k, for the year. Some rehab and home care, home equipment, may only be covered at a percentage.

Exaggerative example? Nope, happens every day. I see this. Every. Day.

All it takes is a heart attack. A stroke. Even a TIA. A ruptured appendix. A fall down the stairs. A smaller car accident, maybe even one where it was your fault.

Point being, that on top of all those premiums, 10% is a LOT, depending on the size of the bill.

The other side of the coin, and the one that sucks for most people, is all of that out of pocket expense to NEVER have the insurance kick in, to only have it all start all over again January the next year! Those are the people this will likely hurt the most. The ones who get just to, or just over, the brink of insurance kicking in.

People with catastrophic injuries or illness can always file a medical bankruptcy. People with a chronic illness that simply need several doctors visits a year, some prescription drugs, those will by far be the most affected, and likely hurt, by this healthcare overhaul.

In the meantime, all those lovely premiums we are paying will go to pay the medical bills of those poor, undocumented workers, who don't even have a name, or a familiy, or, or, anything!

Smh.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

acmpnsfal
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't see how this is targeting the poor, they get subsidies on their health insurance. Someone making 36,000 a year would be considered middle class, 300 month for three people is a very fair price. I pay half that, make less, and thats with my employers contribution. I would have no problem paying that amount if I was pulling in what the person asking the question was, not to mention, Obama probably is right about budgeting. If you pay for a bunch of status symbols instead of keeping up with your health your priorities are out of order. I wonder how these people would fare if health care was taken directly out of their paychecks or in other taxes like in first world countries with universal health care. I guess they would all be bankrupt.
edit on 12-3-2014 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

They didn't seem to elaborate on the guys situation. If he doesn't have any employer contribution and has picked this plan off of the .gov or a state run exchange then the deductible that is attached to his policy is going to be astronomical, as would be the out of pocket maximums per individual and family and that is after the tax credits the family would most likely qualify for.

The insurance being offered is hardly affordable with the high deductibles and out of pocket maxs, even with the tax credit most people are wold be paying more than double what their previous plans would have been. There are a few who are getting good rates... there is a large majority of people who are qualifying for medicaid now that most states have upped the income level to qualify.

Obamacare is as much of a joke if not more than Obama himself.... I am a licensed health insurance agent... it is a tax, the majority of those people who tptb are touting that this is going to help would have already been covered if they would have looked into it through existing state or federal health insurance programs.

Everyone should budget, and who is to say that this family is not? $36,000 for a family of 3 or 4? might as well be living in poverty

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by perception8

Its not just $315 a month, that’s just the cost per month to have health insurance. You then also have to pay your co pay for doctor visits, plus you have your deductible. Say that’s $500 to $5000 a year. Before your insurance starts to cover anything you have to pay your deductible. You then also have to pay a portion of your prescription costs. Sometimes all of it if your insurance doesn't cover said prescription. I have fairly good insurance through my work but its still expensive as hell and stressful if I need to use it.

Instead of this Obamacare/Scam/Blackmail/Extortion crap, they should just have regulated the insurance companies and hospitals. You can NOT deny anyone with preexisting conditions. You can NOT overcharge those who can pay for those who can't. Insurance companies can NOT over ride doctors recommendations for treatment or tests. NO charging more if your overweight, old, smoke, drink, male, short, tall, or whatever reason they can come up with. NO overcharging period.

I think we should all have to contribute monetarily to our health care. It should only be subsidized or free to very few. It should be a reasonable amount, straight across the board for everyone. EVERYONE gets the same good and comprehensive plan for the same price, NO exceptions. This includes our wealthy and government. Keep it simple, keep it accessible, keep it fair, and keep it cheap. You won’t have to bully or trick people into buying it. Also save some money and stop the free health care, food stamps, free assistance, etc.... for illegal aliens and those visiting on a visa. Also just because your kid is born here that shouldn't make them a citizen. The child will only be considered a citizen if both parents are legal citizens.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Auricom

Isn't it supposed to be the "affordable healthcare act"?

Sheesh, if this is affordable in his opinion I'd hate to see what isn't!

More of that wordcrafting of titles to push something completely divergent in content.
After all, that was titled "The National Security Enhancement Act of 2003", eh?
Sorry, I read it... and it just ain't there: not for us.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I have an idea, give us free internet and cable like the US Government gives to South Korea, Afghanistan and IRAQ.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

mlewellyn
reply to post by Auricom

I have an idea, give us free internet and cable like the US Government gives to South Korea, Afghanistan and IRAQ.

Sure. Along with all the censorship, like in South Korea, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

They already save everything we do, might as well censor it too, and give it to us for free!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

mlewellyn
reply to post by Auricom

You haven't figured this out yet - You get what you pay for. If you actually want something that is quality and of real value, you need to voluntarily pay for it in a free exchange of goods and services so that you know precisely what you are getting.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
All of this coming from a guy who drops 2 million or more in bucket of tax payers money just to take a dip in the ocean in Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Maybe he's got a point. Everyone I see is looking down at a fancy Smart phone, and seems to have the money to buy cable tv plus the extra packages. Many don't seem to be cutting back on the miles they drive or what kind of car they drive. The restaurants are still full of people ordering steak, and I still see it sold in the stores, so someone is buying it.

He has a Spefic Point.
DO AS I SAY
NOT AS I DO
WE THE GOVERNMENT CAN SPEND AND GO IN DEBT ALL WE WANT
But DO NOT AS A CITIZEN THINK THAT YOU CAN DO THE SAME.
I thought All AMERICANS GOT THAT POINT.
Work Your AMERICAN "A" OFF SO WE THE GOVERNMENT CAN
SPEND SPEND SPEND

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think he is making some kind of big announcement soon about pay overtime in the nation, perhaps now that people are losing their overtime and been cut short in their hours so employers can avoid paying for Obamacare he will be doing you and many a favor.

But I will take anything coming from him as propaganda, remember elections are coming soon.

Oh yeah he did 'raise' overtime pay by going around congress.

The actions of a dictator.

That costs employers more money since they have to pay the increase contributions to employees SS, and medicare benefits.

And if there is anything left after that gets eaten up by taxes.

If Obama actually gave a damn about people he would cut taxes.

If it ever got that far.

What is going to happen is hours are going to be cut yet again, and more part time jobs will be 'created'.

Then his next swift move will be to 'raise' minimum wage !! !!!!

And employers will lay off, or get better technology to replace the worker all together.

Rinse and repeat stupidity.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

But...but...but...the boy who would be king, today, just hours ago. Signed with his magic pen, a new executive order to raise overtime pay via federal mandate!

Yeah and a week before he gut defense.

Sure they got a 'raise'.

Now they ain't got no job.
edit on 13-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Obama is a fool. I can't believe this guy. He should have been impeached 10 times over by now. I cannot think of a SINGLE thing he has done to further this country, not one.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What a great post and view of what reality is when it comes to Obama fraud.

Lets call it for what it is, Libertygal, the biggest bailout to the insurance companies at the expenses of the working class.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes I got the real scoop on the Obama executive orders give away, he just killed the overtime in the US because no employer is going to pay more, they just will hired more part timers and kill two birds with one shot, no full timers no Obamacare.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Here is $2 Billion right here. Some of Obama's travel expenses

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

In otherwords, nothing has changed. Except now they are forcing the purchase of a product people couldn't afford in the first place.

It still hasn't addressed the heart of the issue: Why is healthcare so expensive in the first place. People wouldn't be going into financial free-fall if a single night in an emergency room didn't cost 3k total combined, or a 30 day prescription of a certain medication wasn't 900 dollars or something. I've seen neither Democrats nor Republicans ever successfully address the issue, or offer some sort of solution.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Sure, you are exactly right, but it's worse now.

HMO's no longer exist. Not the way they used to, at least, where you had member responsibility, but at least had help along the way. You used to have copays. That word no longer exists in the insurance world, UNTIL you have met your out of pocket deductible, which is HUGE. The premiums for the lesser help also went up quite a bit for those that were responsible and carried insurance all along.

So, the insurance companies reduced their actual sharing of expenses, increased their profit margins by hundreds of percentages, they still get negotiated rates, but while we are paying those out of pocket expenses, it is at full retail, until and if and when the insurance kicks in.

Then, and only then, you get the benefit of a negotiated rate. But, that benefit is to the insurance company and THEIR copay, NOT yours. You still pay the 10% or 20% of the full bill.

Sweet deal for the insurance companies, but not for us. While the Federal Government is giving subsidies (read tax payors money) to assist the poor, the insurance companies have very little going out. It is us that are stuck with the bills.

Then, as I mentioned in a previous post, the drug manufacturers went up on drug costs, knowing this would also benefit them.

It is no different than the 800.00 hammers or toilet seats when purchased by the government. Now, it's the people buying them, too.

Why is health care so expensive? Because so many abuse the system and never pay anything for what they get. Because, you cannot buy a bottle of Tylenol, and take it with you to the hospital, where each Tylenol costs 6-8.00.

Because, it's a monopoloy of sorts. Everyone will always need healthcare. You are always guaranteed a job if you work in the healthcare field, and don't mess up.

No, nothing was done to curb the expense, in fact, passing this bill made it worse. It made it even more expensive, especially because they know they have most of us by the short hairs, having to pay full retail.

And no, neither party has done anything to curb it, because they are the ones they lobby with to pass laws and get elected. It would be biting the hand that feeds you. In this instance, Obama did the deal, and he gave the industry a HUGE boost in the long run. He far more complicated the problem, because, just like gasoline costs, once they are used to getting paid a certain amount, you will be hard pressed to ever get them to accept less again.

If anyone thinks repealing the bill would send us, premium wise, back even two years, let alone one, I have a bridge to sell.

Just like we will never see 99 cent gasoline ever again, let alone 2.25.

The same goes for everything. Food, gas, healthcare. The cost increase is permanent, it will never go down again. Get used to it, and find a way to deal. The best that we can ever hope for is that the law can be changed to not force people that cannot afford it, to buy it. Other than that, this is the new U.S.

And, this is why so many people are outraged.

edit on 13-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Dianec
From a legal perspective he needs to be careful. Someone is going to cancel their 20.00 per month emergency cell phone and end up in trouble because they couldn't call home for help in an emergency - ending up dead or disabled. In America - you can sue for anything so I wouldn't put it past someone - "she had one but Obama said I should stop paying for such things". That would be another McDonald's coffee thing but he wants to be the authority figure - he may just get what he asks for in time. Stick to the important stuff and leave personal home budgeting to the citizens.

You weren't actually serious with this comment were you? I mean .... Geez, I hope not.

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 5 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def