It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think he is making some kind of big announcement soon about pay overtime in the nation, perhaps now that people are losing their overtime and been cut short in their hours so employers can avoid paying for Obamacare he will be doing you and many a favor.

But I will take anything coming from him as propaganda, remember elections are coming soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Darkblade71
Well, let me just tell you what is happening to me and my job due to Obama care....

I was informed the other day that I can no longer work any more than 29 hours a week with my employer.
There goes my overtime, and any chance of getting ahead. Now on top of that, I am supposed to pay another bill every month, while already taking a major hit to my pocketbook???

WTF!

Obama can take his Obamacare and shove it.

Why are you upset? Michelle Obama told you, "Now you have more free time." You should be thanking Obama. He made you buy health insurance AND is giving you unpaid time off. You should have never been healthier!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yeah, And I would say exactly what I just said...he can....well you get the idea.

I just will be one of the millions who do not participate and hopefully Obamacare will fail.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

oblvion

I was there, I was lurking at the time, but I read all of those threads.

It was taken from all sides, and all possible places, it was found wanting then. After it was passed and we got a good look under the hood....... It is a chevy with a chrysler motor a ford transmission and all japanese components.

It is a mess. Better to just start off with a brand new car, at least you can work with that.

I love it, I just laugh my hart out at your post, I could never put it the way you did. Thanks.
edit on 13-3-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Darkblade71
Well, let me just tell you what is happening to me and my job due to Obama care....

I was informed the other day that I can no longer work any more than 29 hours a week with my employer.
There goes my overtime, and any chance of getting ahead. Now on top of that, I am supposed to pay another bill every month, while already taking a major hit to my pocketbook???

WTF!

Obama can take his Obamacare and shove it.

But...but...but...the boy who would be king, today, just hours ago. Signed with his magic pen, a new executive order to raise overtime pay via federal mandate!

You won't be alone in your 29 hrs a week for long. Thanks to Obama, overtime will be a rare luxury.

Now, if you'll just cancel your internet, you may be able to afford the fine for not buying into his *free* healthcare...

I feel so sorry for you Darkblade...I really do...this should not be happening to anyone.

Des

edit on 13-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

marg6043
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, we just got another one from Obama, when it comes to how the penalties will be enforced I believe, but we should see it, as an attempt to keep gullible people hopeful until the next elections, if the whole enforcement of the bill is in effect the ruling party will have not change in hell to make it next elections.

But I feel that either way is going to fail, I mean the whole bill as it stands.

The popular consensus is that come the end of 2015, the entire thing will be reworked. Perhaps that means gutting future rollouts and leaving it as is. Perhaps it means they are going to try to make it work. I don't know.

One thing I do know: they are walking a very thin line right now with the populous. We all feel it. There is tension in the air, everywhere.

Agreed!!!!

Americans are one simple straw away from breaking the camels back.

Yes they have thousands of camels, but once the first one falls, it's weight is then thrust onto the next, it is a cascade, "the domino effect", the death spiral as it were.

There "is tension in the air" as you so well stated.

I dont want this to happen, I pray it doesnt, but if it does.......well I plan to win, not just for me, but my family, my friends and all Americans as a whole.

TPTB dont want to play this game, that is why they keep sidestepping and half measuring it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well, the great thing is....

I don't think Obamacare will last very long.

Call it a prediction.

(or hopeful thinking)....lol
edit on 13-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Darkblade71

Well, the great thing is....

I don't think Obamacare will last very long.

Call it a prediction.

(or hopeful thinking)....lol
edit on 13-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

I'll call you the Amazing Kreskin...as I feel your prediction will come to light.

I've already talked with 3 people in my area, who won't buy in, due to there only being one provider offered up here. They all 3 said, they'll wait until they are sick enough to have to get medical attention, then buy it. No need to buy it now, as the way it's written, what is the advantage in doing so,

I think the boy who would be king, didn't factor in, people finding his little loopholes so quickly.

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

marg6043

oblvion

I was there, I was lurking at the time, but I read all of those threads.

It was taken from all sides, and all possible places, it was found wanting then. After it was passed and we got a good look under the hood....... It is a chevy with a chrysler motor a ford transmission and all japanese components.

It is a mess. Better to just start off with a brand new car, at least you can work with that.

I love it, I just laugh my hart out at your post, I could never put it the way you did. Thanks.
edit on 13-3-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Sorry, this is my "relax" time, where I drink to excess and ramble incoherently about social issues everyday.

I know my words might seem like "logic" or even "sense". But if this is what the average joe can do inebriated imagine the mind state of those that passed this crap!!!!!!

I am a drunken "Irish" descendant and all, but my god, logic and reason are the same. Beer or not, this crap is lunacy, and their attempts to hold it up strain the very limits of wrenching logic and reason to their utmost limits at every turn.

"I didnt rob him, I relieved him of the burden of caring so much weight in coin"

Is this where we are at? Really? I mean OMFG WTF SHTF where were we at?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

I totally agree with what you said, Oblvion.

Methinks, Obamacare will be the stain, that the Democratic party will not be able to wash out for decades to come.

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well thanks, he is killing a lot of things this days with his executives orders, I guess some people still doesn't see the irony of what he is been doing, is all good.

Raising the minimum pay to Federal workers, not to all workers in the nation was something that would have been nice if most federal employees were making national minimum wages but that is not so.

Now he is targeting over pay, I guess like you say, overpay is going to be a thing to read about in our history books.

Even my daughter lost her overtime in the last month, when the hospital she works at took it away.

Way to go Obama.

As for my husband he doesn't get overtime because he is on salary.

The irony.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

A stain? more like a malignant tumor that will keep feeding and growing itself for years to come.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Life is short. Most of us have little joy and fun time it is all work, not the Hawaii vacations, the TV is all you have after long hours of work day in and day out.

People who eat unmarked GMO food while the white house has their organic garden with gardener and "won't serve it on their table".

So what are we to have while we live, what they are saying is life itself should be all we ask for.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
obama care is an attempt to kill the usa, just an incremental step down field from Freetrade

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

B...But, What about my Obamaphone???
...and I simply can't survive without my MSNBC!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 13-3-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

IAMTAT
reply to post by xuenchen

B...But, What about my Obamaphone???

Oh...you're safe. That was to buy your vote. You can keep it, as they will need your vote desperately, this November.

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Life is short. Most of us have little joy and fun time it is all work, not the Hawaii vacations, the TV is all you have after long hours of work day in and day out.

People who eat unmarked GMO food while the white house has their organic garden with gardener and "won't serve it on their table".

So what are we to have while we live, what they are saying is life itself should be all we ask for.

The only joys I can afford are, watching my kids grow( by which I mean arguing with them daily about everything, because teens know everything!!!!!), drinking some beer during the morning while they are gone as I work at night, and ATSing.

I am drawn out, I dont have any more to spend, my kids get the top 50%, after the bills take 30% and taxes etx... take the rest.

I cant spend more, I dont have it.

I already work 10pm to 6 am, I already work 6 days a week, I cant do more with kids and the hours I am working.

I am barely getting by, I only have insurance on me, the kids mother and I have talked about getting insurance on the kids. It will raise my premium by 150%, it will raise hers by 200%, neither of us can pay this.

We are above the minimum, but our jobs "offer" "affordable" health insurance so we cant get subsidies.

WHO THE F WRITES THIS CRAP?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Can you just imagine the media EXPLOSION that would occur this was said by: Romney, Limbaugh, Cruz, Palin, Bachman, etc? It would be the headline of every media newspaper and nightly news for weeks.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Does everyone remember the 'strong international support" our populous president had?

I do remember how the 'world loved the Us' because we elected him.

Then they found out NSA spying expanded under him, and 'we' spied on them.

Guess that is the real reason behind the 'Obama phone'.

What better way for the NSA to spy, and give out 'free phones'.
edit on 13-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

AMEN Neo!!!

I always said that. Obama phones are NSA bugged phones. Which I am pretty sure most phones are bugged, but I know for a fact Obama's phones are.

No one should be surprised by that...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here is what Obama supporters, and Obama himself, don't comprehend.

That family that must cancel their cable and not have cell phones just to pay the premiums are only the tip of the iceburg.

Dare not get sick! If you do, you must pay the huge deductibles, which they don't tell you up front are seperate for your major medical AND pharmacy! Yep, that's the truth!

So, out of pocket, you pay the premium, then every expense, medication, bill, everything else, out of pocket, BEFORE the insurance kicks in!

Now, tell me, if they had to cancel their cable and not have cell phones just to pay the premiums, what do they do when they get sick and have to have medication? You can't make payments at the pharmacy, and now most doctors want their visit fees up front before they will even see you! What's left to cut now?

You got it! Back to the E.R. where they will see you now, and let you make payments, right?

Wrong! If you do not pay a substantial amount on that bill monthly, and I mean 3-400 a month, it now goes straight to collections within 30 or 60 days! Gone are the days when if you at least pay something on a bill, they won't come after you, or even sue you.

Yes they can! Yes they can! Making 50.00, 100.00 a month payments? Not good enough. Collections for 3 months, then the next thing you know, the sheriff is knocking on the door.

Collections agents are the worst, now. They spoof their numbers so you can't prove they are harrassing you, they call you 15, 20, even 30 times a DAY! But, no cellphone, no worry!

How are these families supposed to even buy medications, now that the pharmacies that colluded with the government via lobbyists, or in backroom deals personally, have raised prices on many generic drugs?

Yes, they colluded, sitting in the shadows, seeing this beast coming down the pike, knowing all the huge deductibles were going to be bringing us, self paying dolts to their retail stores, where they will CLEAN YOUR CLOCK on generic drugs now. But, they have 3.00 prescriptions! Hahahah, no. Most meds are no longer covered, only a rare few, and only some minor antibiotics. Take some serious meds? You are out of LUCK.

Oh yes, 140% increase in the cost of generics since last year, because us suckers bought the bill. You WILL spend every penny you have on your life if you get sick. You will eat Rahmen soup, white bread, and peanut butter for weeks while you struggle to pay for the doctor to just operate on you, BEFORE surgery. You will wait until the money is in the wallet before being taken care of.

If it's an emergency, just prepare to be robbed. Hospital bills now range in the 40 thousand plus mark. And that is for a SHORT, uncomplicated stay. Have a trauma, 100,000 or more!

More than many make in a year, but, you WILL pay 10,000 before the insurance will touch the bill. Hope you can come up with it before the year is up. If not, bye bye benefit!

In the meantime, you need a place to live, electricity, water, gas, a car? Hah. Good luck.

Food and clothing? Shoes? Anything else? The cellphone and the cable won't even matter! You won't have electricity anyway. And guess what?

Best hope your job pays benefits while you are out of work, or, that you are smart enough to pay for short term disability, yet another monthly premium. Otherwise, you lose your paycheck, and by default, your insurance, too? Can you imagine the COBRA to carry these premiums?!

So, what did we all just gain? One payor? My arse. We ARE the one payor! Not Uncle Sugar, US! The insurance companies raking in all the premiums are not even participants in the exchange, especially private employer insurance! Suckers.

ETA - And on top of it all, they expect you to save for retirement?! Lololol! Hahahahah! Heheheh! Oh my.

edit on 13-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join