It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Skyfloating

abecedarian

I don't. It is my right, my prerogative to prioritize my life, not the government's.

Relax. I didn't say I support him nor did he say he is going to prioritize your life for you. I just said, I agree with his stance on health being a priority. Its an opinion, not a law. Before you know it he`ll be out of office.

I`m no fan of taking every damn little interview snippet and proclaiming the end of the world for it.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Just to be clear here, you believe health insurance equals actual "health" for the public at large?

Hey, I have this perfect investment opportunity for you, it is this swamp land in Florida.....

You do understand that when the insurance is not able to be used by most, because it costs more before the insurance kicks in than most people have to pay, it is stupid right?

Hey I have free energy, ready to use in house right now, it only costs $53,000,000,000 per home!!!!! Never pay for electricity again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you not see the retarded nature of "affordable healthcare" that the majority cant "afford" to use?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

oblvion
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy, your hero cant even get elected again, you dont need to keep stumping for him. He is out in 2016 no matter what people think about him.

he's not my hero, the messiah, or any other made-up right-wing name, he's the president of the United States......here's the ACA, read it yourself, it might clear up some delusional thinking spewed out by the right-wing media.
www.apha.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama only talks the truth when it suits his needs!
Yes cable television is a waste of money and health
insurance should be at the top of the list for expenses!
It's kind of hypocritical of POTUS to be telling Americans
how to budget their incomes! Government is the most
wasteful of all the people in the world combined! They
never have to worry about going bankrupt, paying their
bills or getting screwed over by themselves! There isn't
any accountability for those at the top but only because
we have failed to hold them accountable!
They will continue to do as they wish as long as this remains
unchanged! It's unconscionable for these people to name
something the affordable care act which limits us from choosing
in who's hands we choose to put our fate or whether we even
want to! Then there is the fact these doctors which were
chosen for us whom are underpaid and overworked!
Yet we should give up any of the small comforts we have just
so we can pay for bad care which will most likely come too late!
This from a man who is on a permanent vacation and has the
best insurance for the rest of his life, just for making bad decisions
over a 8 year period all paid for by those who he is F^(&ing over!
I could not have come up with a more hypocritical, ironic or pathetic
scenario!

(post by jimmyx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I really love to hear our for the people president to tell the tax payers and voters how to prioritize when our own government is in the biggest deficit in history and is doing nothing at all to curve the spending, but rather is forcing the tax payers and voters to bailout the big insurance companies to make then soon the biggest monopoly in the history of the nation

The irony, he is nothing but a mouthpiece and a toad.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

jimmyx

oblvion
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy, your hero cant even get elected again, you dont need to keep stumping for him. He is out in 2016 no matter what people think about him.

he's not my hero, the messiah, or any other made-up right-wing name, he's the president of the United States......here's the ACA, read it yourself, it might clear up some delusional thinking spewed out by the right-wing media.
www.apha.org...

Yes because I need to waste 3 days to read law that is thousands of pages long in legalese( not readable in the short term...long term....good luck), that is meant to EF us all over to the maximum capacity of the government.

##SNIPPED##

Obamacare is a loser at all roads, there is not one single argument you can make on ATS that will make this atrocity seem to be "good".

ATS does one thing above all else, it interrogates facts from all aspects, from all views, from all sides at all times.

ATS has found Obamacare wanting in all its aspects.

The only thing it did which didnt screw the people over outright was to allow "preexisting conditions".

On this one factor not I nor very many others would argue, but is screwing 1/6 of the US econcomy worth taking care of 1/10,000 the population?

I mean really, someone making next to nothing should have to spend 20% of their income before the insurance even works?

What about their family starving to death while they pay for their kids broken arm?

The long view (insurance that covers everything) is a good one to have, but it is not reality for most Americans, making it a law doesnt make it any more viable.

They can pass a law requiring me to make $100,000 a year, that doesnt make it any more realistic though.

In the ARMY we had a saying.

KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid.

What seems more likely, magically Americans "have" extra money for a stupid law? Or Americans are poor on average, and cant comply no matter what happens?

edit on 2014bThursdayv3820143 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Mar 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: COMMUNICATING THREATS OF VIOLENCE ON ATS…

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

jimmyx

oblvion
reply to post by jimmyx

www.apha.org...

LOL, you did not just recommend that people read that bill? Really?

Perhaps had we been able to read it before it got passed, you would have a point. But now? Maybe everyone should just continue eating cake?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Skyfloating
I agree with Obamski on this. Health should be more of a priority than Cable-TV.

I am neither a fan of the man or his signature legislation, but I agree with that basic principle. That's why my wife and I have never had anything other than pre-paid cellphones. At the same time, it does tick me off that I live in an area where a digital TV antenna is worthless.
edit on 13-3-2014 by CornShucker because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Actually we dissected the bill in ways you can not imagine here in ATS before it was passed, but alas the surprised of the open ended legislations that followed the passing is what we are getting now like a crackerjack box mystery surprise and still on going.

AT least I can say we told them so, but nobody wanted to listen.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

jimmyx

oblvion
reply to post by jimmyx

www.apha.org...

LOL, you did not just recommend that people read that bill? Really?

Perhaps had we been able to read it before it got passed, you would have a point. But now? Maybe everyone should just continue eating cake?

BFFT, that is his attempt at deflection, hoping you will waste 3 to 7 days reading and trying to make sense of the BS, so he can hope the thread dies, and his job is done.

I wander what it is like to beat a drum for an obvious douche? Do you just not ever realize, or do you get "the memo" but just ignore it because it flies in the face of your world view?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

marg6043

Actually we dissected the bill in ways you can not imagine here in ATS before it was passed, but alas the surprised of the open ended legislations that followed the passing is what we are getting now like a crackerjack box mystery surprise and still on going.

We have regular updates from a company we have paid to keep us on top of the changes. It is ridiculous how much is "awaiting clarification" and has seen "delayed implementation".

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

oblvion

Just to be clear here, you believe health insurance equals actual "health" for the public at large?

No. I`m seeing the point he was making every day in real life. The American "poor" walking around with i-phones, having cable-TV and all sorts of luxuries and then complaining about how expensive healthcare is.

But on another note: Why does a mere opinion and remark spark nationwide outrage these days? I think people are putting too much into it. There are FAR more important things Obama should be criticized on...such as wussing out in the Ukraine, in Syria and every other geostrategic platform.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What an amusing point for him to make.

He wants and has been using Beyonce and Zack galiwhatever and the rest of good'ol Hollywood to sell us all on why everything that he says and does is pure gold and all his laws are only meant to better our future.

Now take away our cable and cell phones and you lose the constantly fed propaganda and might actually start to think for oneself. People might start to look around and see their neighbors suffering and others suffering and start to actually wonder why. So yeah I agree cancel your cable so you miss your reality shows which feature a spot on Obamacare and pajama boy. Get rid of your cellphone and they lose a great spy tool.
What a doofus he is.

Cancel your cable people and wake up, I dare ya!

edit on 13-3-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yes, we just got another one from Obama, when it comes to how the penalties will be enforced I believe, but we should see it, as an attempt to keep gullible people hopeful until the next elections, if the whole enforcement of the bill is in effect the ruling party will have not change in hell to make it next elections.

But I feel that either way is going to fail, I mean the whole bill as it stands.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I work with a guy that is a total schlemiel. He no sooner begins to recover from one epic screw up that he makes another one.

That's Obama. Except Obama isn't an innocent schlemiel. He does it on purpose.

You are right. There is no shortage of things to get peeved over. But the "let them eat cake" comments just have a way of getting under people's skin. As history has shown.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, let me just tell you what is happening to me and my job due to Obama care....

I was informed the other day that I can no longer work any more than 29 hours a week with my employer.
There goes my overtime, and any chance of getting ahead. Now on top of that, I am supposed to pay another bill every month, while already taking a major hit to my pocketbook???

WTF!

Obama can take his Obamacare and shove it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
We could cut our cable and our phone and it would only save us about $130 if that. So what else are we supposed to cut out of our lives in order to make up the difference to pay for his mandated coverage?

The sad thing is that we were having an argument with a liberal friend about health care prior to Obamacare. We told him that we didn't have cells and stuff like that because we prioritized health care and insurance. He told us that was crazy, that health care should be free and that's why he'd voted for Obama and the Democrats, and when they passed health care reform, we'd see how much better free health care was and how much money we'd save to buy neat things with.

He moved to Canada not long after Obama's re-election and now complains about how the cheapest cases of beer are $50 when they used to only cost about $30 in the US. But he loves his "free" health care!

link   

marg6043

I was there, I was lurking at the time, but I read all of those threads.

It was taken from all sides, and all possible places, it was found wanting then. After it was passed and we got a good look under the hood....... It is a chevy with a chrysler motor a ford transmission and all japanese components.

It is a mess. Better to just start off with a brand new car, at least you can work with that.

link   

marg6043

Yes, we just got another one from Obama, when it comes to how the penalties will be enforced I believe, but we should see it, as an attempt to keep gullible people hopeful until the next elections, if the whole enforcement of the bill is in effect the ruling party will have not change in hell to make it next elections.

But I feel that either way is going to fail, I mean the whole bill as it stands.

The popular consensus is that come the end of 2015, the entire thing will be reworked. Perhaps that means gutting future rollouts and leaving it as is. Perhaps it means they are going to try to make it work. I don't know.

One thing I do know: they are walking a very thin line right now with the populous. We all feel it. There is tension in the air, everywhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Darkblade71
Well, let me just tell you what is happening to me and my job due to Obama care....

I was informed the other day that I can no longer work any more than 29 hours a week with my employer.
There goes my overtime, and any chance of getting ahead. Now on top of that, I am supposed to pay another bill every month, while already taking a major hit to my pocketbook???

WTF!

Obama can take his Obamacare and shove it.

I believe Obama would tell you to prioritize and sacrifice your free time to find another part-time job or something.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join