Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I want to point out a couple of important stats on your sheet for those who may miss it:

- hospitals in total have reduced by about 15-20%
- Psychiatric hospitals have reduced by almost half

my interpretation:

- hospitals are combining/being bought out/merging at an alarming rate. This is a furthering of the corporatizing of health care. We see how that has worked in our prison industry....speaking of which:
- mental hospital bed reduction has only fed the issue with mass murders and increasing prison populations. Many mental hospitals have replaced their patient beds with forensic patient beds. Meaning that they have a bed for anyone who pretends to be crazy to get away with murder. Meanwhile, people who will end up murdering aren't getting the help to keep them from having that fatal psychotic break

Meanwhile, medicare/medicaid is the trainwreck we expected with all the retiring boomers.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You know, after reading the stats you gave and Wrabbit2000's posted stats, It made me wonder something. Considering how much the government pays in medicaid and medicare each year, why wouldn't it be more economically feasible for the US government to open their own hospitals, along the lines of the VA hospitals, for those on medicaid and medicare? I realize that normally the government really does a poor job managing taxpayer money, But with the proper oversight enacted wouldn't this go a long way towards lowering health care costs for EVERBODY?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

azdaze

You know, after reading the stats you gave and Wrabbit2000's posted stats, It made me wonder something. Considering how much the government pays in medicaid and medicare each year, why wouldn't it be more economically feasible for the US government to open their own hospitals, along the lines of the VA hospitals, for those on medicaid and medicare? I realize that normally the government really does a poor job managing taxpayer money, But with the proper oversight enacted wouldn't this go a long way towards lowering health care costs for EVERBODY?

This is what I keep saying.

I am a big govenrment opponent. But if I am to be screwed, I would at least like to have the screwing hurt less. Why am I paying for healthcare when i already pay enough taxes to not only provide medical care to all americans, but also kill thousands of non americans via war each year?

We should choose what matters more to us: life or death. then make movements in that direction.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

azdaze

This is what I keep saying.

I am a big govenrment opponent. But if I am to be screwed, I would at least like to have the screwing hurt less. Why am I paying for healthcare when i already pay enough taxes to not only provide medical care to all americans, but also kill thousands of non americans via war each year?

We should choose what matters more to us: life or death. then make movements in that direction.

As usual, your post was full of wisdom and reason, it is the epitome of critical thinking.

This is also the reason so many wont listen, sad but true these days, the dumber an idea, the more support you will find for it.

Our race is doomed to extinction, unless we start to embrace critical thinking and wisdom "oh what is that over there", "what do you mean the kardashians aren't going to make a new season?" " tila tequilla is my new role model"...etc

Would have given more examples but I was forced to go puke immediately after writing that much.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by xuenchen

Guess he can stop passing out Obamaphones to those who haven't signed up yet....yeah that would work, huh....

What a fool he is....

Des

That program started in the 80's, not under Obama. This has been debunked over and over again. It actually is supported by the carriers themselves, and mainly paid for by them.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

well....i don't need a show about the other kardashians. But i am sure not gonna complain about Kim's donkey being photographed at every opportunity, either. There is always some wheat left in the chaff. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Cancel war and government first.

What a total Richard Cranium.

Pfft.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Strewth

Pfft.

My name starts with a "B", not a "P". LOL

You spoke in four words what I have spent paragraphs stating. Very nice.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That program started in the 80's, not under Obama.

Hmmmm.

Guess she must be 'misinformed' then.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
But Mr. Obama, if I cancel my cable, how am I supposed to get my daily dose of brainwashing telling me that Obamacare is a good thing and will totally work?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Strewth

Pfft.

Gee which 'war' do you mean ?

The longest 'war' in American history like the 'war on poverty', and after 70+ years are people better off ?

Nope.

Today there are now more people out of work,working part time, and dependent upon government than ever before in this entire nations history.

Or would it be the 'war of drugs' ?

The second longest war in American history.

Or maybe it is the 'war on women' ?

Or maybe it is the 'war on Wall Street' that has killed investment in this country that kills investment opportunity. So the 'saviors' of the republic offer another joke called 'MYRA'.

Or is it the war on the middle class that created the big 3 that account for the largest expenditure this country has ever seen?

Maybe it was the war on 'healthcare' that created medicare/medicaid that account for over 110+ million people.

Ya know that government ran single payer that is the largest healthcare provider in the world?

Hell most 'other' countries do not have that many people on their 'government ran super duper wonderful healthcare'.

Sorry I have to ask, but damn there are so many wars they are hard to keep track of.
edit on 13-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

abecedarian

I don't. It is my right, my prerogative to prioritize my life, not the government's.

Relax. I didn't say I support him nor did he say he is going to prioritize your life for you. I just said, I agree with his stance on health being a priority. Its an opinion, not a law. Before you know it he`ll be out of office.

I`m no fan of taking every damn little interview snippet and proclaiming the end of the world for it.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Obama Phone issue isn't quite as clear as I think we'd all wish it were. It's actually not all that clear at all for the public, and as usual, I'm sure that's no accident at all. (sigh)

First, Snopes and FactCheck both date the debunking to 2009 on their stories. Which is fair. This isn't entirely new, in fact, it's a Reagan era program for it's roots. Roots grow big things though, and things change with time.... A couple things to note for why it isn't so clear, IMO.

4. Lifeline is exploding.
House Commerce Committee Republicans warn that Lifeline may have an “unsustainable” trajectory. They note that the program has nearly tripled in size from $800 million in 2009.

In the past eight months, though, the number of participants has decreased by more than 5 million. Spending dropped in 2013, with $143 million this March compared with $178 million during the same time last year. The FCC estimates it will save $2 billion by the end of next year.

and..

5. It’s a tax.
This goes back to the tax vs. fee debate. Americans pay for Lifeline and several other programs through a monthly charge on their phone bills averaging about $2.50 per household. It doesn’t get counted in the tax pile. But if a person has a phone, they help fund the program. The Universal Service Administrative Co., an independent nonprofit, administers Lifeline along with the FCC’s other universal service programs.
Source

Nothing is ever free.... Also, when I went to look up some background to this side issue..I just about snorted on my Dr pepper. I couldn't believe the audacity...but then...I suppose I can. It's President Obama we're talking about here. He ran his first term with Audacity being an openly embraced term. Well, it is...It very much, still is.

PC Magazine Story on "Yes We Can!" Obama Phone Durability/Quality

When the man actually had the boxes branded with his logo, tag line and image? He kinda took ownership of it and earned it being called an Obama Phone. He doesn't get to take total branding of a thing, then say 'Oh but wait...that's not mine!'. It changes somewhere in that process to being his when it's presented that way to John Q., IMO.

* Pc Magazine is not the bastion of political spin...they were simply reviewing the phone on merits as a phone.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

** Noting on that last one, I noticed..It's marketed in Kenya. Interesting side note, and what wonderful global branding the President permits....and what the public sees for images. I couldn't find the booths and tables set up, which also ran in media, where Obama Phone was on the material as well as side panels to the signage. Quite a scandal on all that around the 2012 elections, really...and all over for how it was abused to death and then some.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I see... so we should willingly sacrifice our quality of life for his spectacularly stupid idea.

Nope.... This is NOT how to get people to buy your BS. I'm far from sold.

I'd never heard the joke before Charles Krauthammer mentioned it.

Liberals don't care what you do as long as it's manditory.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Skyfloating

abecedarian

I don't. It is my right, my prerogative to prioritize my life, not the government's.

Relax. I didn't say I support him nor did he say he is going to prioritize your life for you. I just said, I agree with his stance on health being a priority. Its an opinion, not a law. Before you know it he`ll be out of office.

I`m no fan of taking every damn little interview snippet and proclaiming the end of the world for it.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Yeah he will be out of office.

But his legacy will out live him.

Just like Roosevelts boneheaded moves that still haunt us today.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Obama Phone issue isn't quite as clear as I think we'd all wish it were

IT is clear to me.

After the potus saying,' He's got a pen, and a phone'.

Then turns around, and tells people to 'give theirs up'

I think it is a clear case of 'Do as I say, not as I do.'.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

How anyone could still support this clown is beyond me... What a joke...

*shakes head*

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

SloAnPainful

How anyone could still support this clown is beyond me... What a joke...

*shakes head*

Star and flag.

-SAP-

Does everyone remember the 'strong international support" our populous president had?

Well, SAP is one of those "internationals".
We can see that even the folks he isn't directly screwing are growing tired of him, too.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Does everyone remember the 'strong international support" our populous president had?

I do remember how the 'world loved the Us' because we elected him.

Then they found out NSA spying expanded under him, and 'we' spied on them.

Guess that is the real reason behind the 'Obama phone'.

What better way for the NSA to spy, and give out 'free phones'.
edit on 13-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have no cell phone and just canceled cable last month. On the upside, I don't have to see Obama's face or hear his annoying statements (lies) unless I catch them online. I wonder what other suggestions he has for me. Dude is such a jerk, still yanks my chain that he was elected twice. Maybe he could be an example and give up all the constant vacations.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join