It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Granite
reply to post by xuenchen

He said "cut our spending and prioritize"...from someone who submitted no annual budget for 5 years as POTUS?

The question writer said "carrone!"...
edit on 12-3-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

you're wrong, please tell he truth
www.gpo.gov... esults=true&ycord=0
here's the list of each years budget that was submitted
edit on 13-3-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

dave_welch
I have no cable TV, I have a $50 a month basic flip phone, I only have internet because I live across the street from a college, and I make $7.50 per hour. I drive 15 miles to work and if I'm lucky I get 30 hours a week.

I have managed to live nearly 30 years without health insurance.

Why am I being forced to pay for something that I don't believe I need?

Don't sign up for it just pay the fine because the fine is based on your income. That way you don't get screwed by the insurance companies. The only reason why a low income person would join the ACA is for the tax breaks you get.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree with Obamski on this. Health should be more of a priority than Cable-TV.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

xuenchen
Speaking on a town hall style "meeting", Obama mentions that people seem to place healthcare at a low priority until they get sick and then it's a bigger problem.

He seems to *suggest* that people need to be better at their budgets (ironic huh? especially for somebody that has come to be known as the biggest binge spender politician of all time).

He also seems to be "targeting" low income people?

But maybe he has a point?

Does anybody see themselves as a "guilty" party? If so, how do you feel about Obama "telling" you this?

Quotes and comments and video.......

This is a few days old, but it’s amusing nonetheless. Barack Obama appeared in a town hall for Spanish-language media on March 6th to discuss ObamaCare and promote enrollments, and got challenged by a viewer on the economics of it for low-income Americans who are now forced to buy comprehensive health insurance. On a $36,000 annual income, the requirement to buy the broad policy rather than something a little more economical — say, hospitalization coverage combined with an HSA, a strategy which is now all but illegal — makes it impossible to comply. Pshaw, Obama replied. Why, all those low-income folks need to do is stop spending money on luxuries like cable television and cell phones!

This also seems to "confirm" that health insurance rates are much higher than expected (and promised).

Obama: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

Pres Obama: Cut Household Spending to Afford Health Care Law

alternative story

you are wrong again... here's a Forbes article that proves it
www.gpo.gov... esults=true&ycord=0

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Destinyone

Guess he can stop passing out Obamaphones to those who haven't signed up yet....yeah that would work, huh....

What a fool he is....

Des

you are wrong too, about Obama passing out Obamaphones

www.forbes.com...

but who cares, right?...it's a great soundbite for dumbass voters

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

when i was in school i constantly ran into problems that this "cutback" he suggested would have impacted.

Absolutely, a kid in school now days needs the internet,

looking for a job?
You need the internet.
Many employers now expect you to have a cell phone, my son has never owned a cell phone, when places he has applied call the house, they want a cell phone number.

The Won, is deeply out of touch with America.

Plus with or without the internet I still wouldn't be be to afford Obama-care, I would have to stop eating, oh wait, they want you to do that too.
www.mrconservative.com...

According to the FLOTUS, the American people will need to make sacrifices so that Obama will get what he wants. She was referring to Obamacare and the financial blow it will deal to our country.

Obama is pulling out all the stops to wash the egg from his face, because his legacy is tanking.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
No cell phone or cable here. I am one of the most frugal people you will every meet. I cringe when I have to spend money on new shoes or clothing. My entire wardrobe could pretty much be washed in two loads of clothes. I don't eat out, I cook from scratch. I never drive anywhere that I don't have too and I stream line my trips to run errands to get the most out of it for the least gas.

I splurge on books and the internet, that is it. So now tell me what to cut out Obama? Give up my books?

Well, I guess I could save money by eating cheap junk food ruining my health so that I actually needed Obama care.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Perhaps it should be.

But what I heard was more like, "Let them eat cake"

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

What sacrifices are the Obamas making?

There is no reason that every uninsured person should not have health care, making cuts to foreign aid would be a start.

Mrs. Obama says:

It's going to cost us something as a society to say, 'We can't tolerate millions of people uninsured. We can't tolerate it.' But in order for all of us to get a little bit more, a whole bunch of us are going to have to give up a little something that we have. And that's not, sort of, what we've been taught…

Alright, so if you have a leader like Barack, who is saying, 'Yes, we know how much this is gonna cost--it's gonna cost us billions, but we can do it,' what are we willing to sacrifice to make that sure we have the resources to do it?…

But that's--that's the mindset that has to change, with what does it mean to live in a society, what does it mean to be an American, and what kind of sacrifice do we all have to make?...

What Barack says: 'We all have the work to do,' you know. It's not just about changing the person in the White House, but it's about changing out mindset, what we're willing to sacrifice, even our own individual selves.

What's this we and us? She must have a mouse in her pocket.

Well I can't afford groceries Michelle, take another vacation, a permanent one, please.

I keep my internet and cell phone because my kid is still in college.
edit on 083131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Skyfloating

Perhaps it should be.

But what I heard was more like, "Let them eat cake"

exactly

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

tried to find that speech, went to mr conservative website....video will not load...no date of the speech...no location on where to find it. and with that, no belief in what is said.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow. This motherfcuker is out of touch! The poor run this friggin country, and he is taking a fat dump on their heads!
What an asshole.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Two video contradict each other like night and day. Sad

It truly scares me that anyone is agreeing with a liar, a puppet, and a fraud.

It also amazes me how we somehow justify and forget leaders that lie.

My insurance plan was dropped after 10 years with the same company and the same plan is now 60% higher, if we decided to re-enroll.

How can you tell when a politician is lying to you?

edit on 13-3-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

calstorm
No cell phone or cable here. I am one of the most frugal people you will every meet. I cringe when I have to spend money on new shoes or clothing. My entire wardrobe could pretty much be washed in two loads of clothes. I don't eat out, I cook from scratch. I never drive anywhere that I don't have too and I stream line my trips to run errands to get the most out of it for the least gas.

I splurge on books and the internet, that is it. So now tell me what to cut out Obama? Give up my books?

Well, I guess I could save money by eating cheap junk food ruining my health so that I actually needed Obama care.

in the video, the guy says he makes 36,000 a year...3,000 a month....the guy said, his plan for 3 people would cost him 300 a month...10% of his income...and what?...this is too much for healthcare for his entire family?.....just the 2 of us (my wife and I) spent about 350 a month before Obamacare, and before Obama was even elected....now we are getting it for 360 a month.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Skyfloating
I agree with Obamski on this. Health should be more of a priority than Cable-TV.

I don't. It is my right, my prerogative to prioritize my life, not the government's.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Destinyone

Guess he can stop passing out Obamaphones to those who haven't signed up yet....yeah that would work, huh....

What a fool he is....

Des

Yes he should cut the phones off. Too bad the people that got hooked on the free phone when Bush started the program.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

abecedarian

Skyfloating

I don't. It is my right, my prerogative to prioritize my life, not the government's.

You are right it's not the governments place to prioritize your life. Just like it's not the governments place to bail you out when you go bankrupt because you had hospital bills you couldn't afford.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

As a cost he must pay, by force of law, without any options and for the very right to simply live in this nation? Yes. It's absolutely too much.

Although, to my thinking? $1 is too much under those circumstances and we're still dealing with the very first absolute cost to be an American resident our nation has seen in it's history. There are many of us who are not and likely will never be able to accept that. However good the cause it's for or whatever the basis for it's existence. It's an absolute tax to live as it stands now. Little else, for many in benefit, but it is that for all in cost.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Realtruth
It truly scares me that anyone is agreeing with a liar, a puppet, and a fraud.

It also amazes me how we soon somehow justify and forget leaders that lie.

My insurance plan was dropped after 10 years with the same company and the same plan is now 60% higher, if we decided to re-enroll.

How can you tell when a politician is lying to you?

prove it, Mr. truth-teller...give us your income, and the details of the plan you had before, and the details of the "same plan that is 60% higher" ...and include where we here, can all go and verify what you say is true....since you are calling the president a liar, puppet, and a fraud, take responsibility for what you say, and back it up.
edit on Thu Mar 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped out vids Quote Crash Course

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

She also didn't spill it, but it melted the cup I believe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join