It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Ah Baloney,

The People of the The United Sates of America

Were alive and STRONG before 911, Homeland Security,

Cell Phones, The Internet(created by D Arpa and shared with GOOD FAITH

to The WORLD, The NSA, The CIA, and the rest of the Alphabet Cities.

We were Alive And Well when all there was, was the OSS.

Hell, I am not convinced that Wild Bill would tolerate the nonsense
that is going on today.

All the folks requesting a Pink Bow on Everything to the point

that nothing is Sacred.

I'll tell you what he would say," Where In Gods Name are we going to hide The Family Jewels Now"?

"All Hell has broken loose, and the Ruskies are up to some serious snatch and grab again."

"Dammit, I warned you sons o' bitches". Good Old Donovan

edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: there, thats better

edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Honestly, what comes next;

"if you like the roof over your head, you can keep your roof" !

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
He really should just shut his mouth, the hypocrisy of his lifestyle is as glaring as an exploding star.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Yes , we were Free to make stupid mistakes and comments
without The FEAR that it would be on some Data Bank Forever.

Good Golly Miss Molly!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
listen, the US gov't is as corrupt as any other gov't that has ever existed. Republican, Democrat, makes no difference. They are both owned and controlled by the same people. And yes Obama was seen as the saviour, as being different and someone who will make a difference. And in the end he's as corrupt and controlled as all the rest. (lets not go crazy though, George "I'm a moron" Bush still takes the cake). But put aside all the corruption and tyranny that your gov't is responsible for, and take a good look at what having universal healthcare would be like. Our system (in Canada) isn't the best, but my son needed open-heart surgery and received it. No line ups, no waiting, NO COST. He also required a couple of other surgeries that were also no waiting or cost. And he received the best quality care we have. He's right, most people don't care about healthcare until they or a family member needs it. Most developed countries around the world have some form of universal healthcare controlled and paid for with taxes. That's because they identify quality healthcare as a RIGHT that everyone should have, not just those lucky to be born into wealth. Having a "user fee" is good to detour anyone from abusing the system. But I have to say $315 seems excessive to me, especially for someone earning $36k. At that income level that same guy would be paying $138 up here. I also doubt that the US plan covers as much as ours does. For the most part, everything except cosmetic surgery is covered.

Anyhow, just saying that once you have universal healthcare you would NEVER let it go. If they attempted to take ours away, I think its the one thing that would make us put down our hockey sticks and beer, and pick up the pitchforks to take back control.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I enjoy your sense of humor,
but C'mon lets be realistic.

We supply foreign aid .
However it is in many,many cases, grossly mismanaged.
Often the "aid" does not end up in the hands that American
Taxpayers are led to believe. Often, "Aid" through Churches
and Clothing Banks end up in the hands of "Middlemen"
who sell or extort this aid.

All the while, NGO's and UN Lackeys drive around in A/C
Vehicles, and attend "Meetings" in High End Hotels.
Generally, the results of the meetings are this :

Yes Gentleman, we will conduct a study.
A Full fledged Economic Plan is in the works.
A $20 Million Dollar Feasibility Study has been approved.
Please return to your work, and we will arrange to
meet again approximately 30 days from today.
We would like to thank USAID for sponsering this event.

This is Cushy, is it not?
If you are willing to deal with Malaria and the occasional
death threat, hell , your rocking and rolling right into
a righteous 401K retirement plan.Not to mention all
the wheelin and dealin you can directly benefit from...
If you are a player.

The Whole Concept is to perpetuate Chaos, for if there is Solution,
you are Job Hunting.This is the simple secret premise behind'
Foreign Aid /Peace processes. As well as other " Instabilities".

Now then there is shelf 2.
The mixed bag of Foreign Aid in the form of
Military Hardware and Support, and Economic Aid.
Same as above, but the stakes(and rewards) are higher.
This enviroment requires more social grace and the
personal acceptance of what a scumbag of a Human Being
you are. At this point, once you realize you are screwing your
own Mom & Dad(fellow citizens) out of their life savings, you can resign.

But then Again, you might be able to beat the system
and make sure Mom and Pop are living large for the
rest of their days on Earth.

So:
Shelf 3
At this time , you realize that you are just an asset living
off of taxpayers expense. You have become so corrupt along
with so many years abroad, that the lines can begin to become blurred.
However, you are now involved or in oversight of Multi-Million
or even Billion dollar transactions.

This is the critical crossroads. This is not the time to succumb to
personal judgements. This is the time to skillfully meld with your enviroment
and the human assets and targets.

This is when they try to turn you.
This is the thin grey line.

Shelf 4
If you survive shelf 3, it is debrief pain.
Extraction. Assess and evaluate your priorities.
Soul Search, heal, and renew.

Shelf 5 This is when you realize that these feats can all be accomplished without having
to raid Mom and Pops Social Security/Medicare Benefits.

The Mission is to Recover The Treasure for whom it belongs.

S A V V Y ?
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: there, thats better

edit on 13-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: fix it

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You know, the retards in DC keep telling US to cut back, how about THEY cut back a little as well...
like cut back that $1,000,000.00 a year retirement, free medical for life, etc etc

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VinMan

Even Hitler had his admirers.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Once again technology is the first thing to go when it comes to citizens. As for the military, they can have anything they want. Including serving pizza with a bloody drone.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Who is he trying to kill? Because literally taking $315/month from a family of 3 making only $30,000 per year will kill them. This is sick and insane. This country is done for if this horrendous "law" is not fixed. When my wife and I were in college and both working full-time we were making about $32,000 per year between us. Our rent was only $400 and we kept all expenses to a minimum. Our health insurance was to eat healthy food and exercise. $315 per month extra would have destroyed our lives at that time.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have no cable TV, I have a $50 a month basic flip phone, I only have internet because I live across the street from a college, and I make $7.50 per hour. I drive 15 miles to work and if I'm lucky I get 30 hours a week.

I have managed to live nearly 30 years without health insurance.

Why am I being forced to pay for something that I don't believe I need?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I work in professional healthcare, ER, OR, Trauma and anywhere else I'm needed. The elephant in the room is the endless supply of homeless people who sometimes appear in the ER multiple times in one day and I'm not even in a "major" metropolitan city. That situation is coupled with the less fortunate who in all fairness are sometimes victims and sometimes it's just an accident like a fall that brings them in for a broken bone. Either way it goes there is a hell of a lot of expense still flooding out the doors of all hospitals to cover the non-payers. I have heard a few doctors suggest their thinking that Obamacare was issued to fail so that we would finally socialize medicine. It makes sense because all specialty doctors may have a hard time adjusting to the possibly of not becoming multi-millionaires.
I saw a video of a doctor in the UK speaking about his belief that money prostitutes healthcare and that socialized med doctors are more involved with their patients in a better way because money isn't dictating their goals. However, he's only one person.
Anywho, I thought the docs views I heard expressed at work regarding the slow introduction of socialized medicine is interesting. Economically it would have to be a slow process. I know the downsizing is beginning everywhere. And truthfully, anyone who thinks it is as simple as building a big fence around all the hospitals and only seeing paying people clearly doesn't grasp the situation. We already have a police presence every day. Could you imagine people being cut off from medical help? It would be chaos.
Unemployment and a rise in the cost of all things is a huge factor in all people's ability to afford healthcare. The level of cost at this time is unsustainable and it will change. I don't care which puppet is serving, it makes no difference. Everything in healthcare is unsustainable as long as we don't have a workforce to pay for the cost. Pretty simple economics really.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

edit on 3/13/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
hey mr obama, why don't you go first?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 02bmw76

socialized medicine doesn't work all that great either
been there, done that, got the tee shirt to prove it...
trust me on this:
excepting accidental trauma, the best health care is no healthcare
edit on Thuam3b20143America/Chicago37 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
so people should cut back their cell phone and cable. that would save what $100-$150 a month? sorry i'm not really sure since I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD CABLE IN YEARS so i'm not sure what the cost is, as for my "cellphone" i have used "pay as you go" for years, (when i actually had one) and since i don't really use it i don't spend much at all on it. i have even "shared" internet with other people thanks to "wireless", shared as in someone who used the internet for their phone allowed me to use their net. i know lots of people who live like that. so mr President what would you like us to cut down on next? food, heating, lights?

but i have an even better issue for people to think about with what he said. when i was in school i constantly ran into problems that this "cutback" he suggested would have impacted. my parents could not afford cable even back then, in fact for many years we didn't even own a tv, (cellphones were expensive toys that were attached to cars, and the "net" didn't even exist, we used "bulletin boards" back then). here was my school problem. teachers were always telling us to watch certain TV programs that were only available over cable channels, and they would not even believe me that i didn't have cable, (was even worse when i said we had no TV) since EVERYONE had cable. now today i suspect that internet would be included along with that because we know everyone has internet and cable, that can be used for "educational" purposes. i wonder how many here can say that their son or daughter needed to watch TV shows and use the net for school assignments and projects? so is the President saying that his healthcare scheme, is even more important than education?

or lets look at the adult world. my last job they got more than a little "cranky" that i didn't have a "land-line" telephone. i was pretty much told i needed one or "no job". they got completely "pissed off" when people would not answer their cell phones when work was calling them, ( so yes they fully expected everyone to carry a dam cellphone around with them). i was even whined at for not being at home to answer my phone (a couple times i was actually on my way home from work), and that i needed (hint hint) to get a cellphone, so they could contact me. now i did not work for Goldman Sachs or something like that but for a crappy "retailer" making minimum wage. so is the president telling people to get rid of something that in the end could cost a person even their "minimum wage" job?

perhaps the moron in charge, needs to learn about priorities. that if you can barely afford to live, you certainly can not afford even more on top for his "NON-affordable care act". and what is the use of buying insurance when there is no way you can afford the "user pay fees" (which as the monthly "premiums" go down, goes up), paying for something you can't afford to use is the very idea of wasting money. like owning a Ferrari but not being able to drive it because you can't afford the insurance and gas, would you not agree that person has wasted their money on the Ferrari?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

signalfire
Maybe he's got a point. Everyone I see is looking down at a fancy Smart phone, and seems to have the money to buy cable tv plus the extra packages. Many don't seem to be cutting back on the miles they drive or what kind of car they drive. The restaurants are still full of people ordering steak, and I still see it sold in the stores, so someone is buying it.

And how many people now think it's normal to have a cell phone on every person in the household that's over four years old?

What's all that cost? I'm honestly asking, because I don't have any of that or never did. I especially am not going to pay for cable tv when all they do is either lie to me, or try to convince me to be an active member of the sickest, most consumer oriented society in the history of the planet.

It's one thing to not want anything to do with some POS bill barfed out by people who wanted to 'pass it so we can know what's in it'; it's another thing to say you can't afford to have health insurance because you can't cut back anywhere in your budget.

A smartphone isn't that bad - you can download free medical encyclopedia's, what to do if someone has chemical burns/broken bone, having a seizure, a deep cut etc, which flowers make good medicines ... And at least you can call for help...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

signalfire
Maybe he's got a point. Everyone I see is looking down at a fancy Smart phone, and seems to have the money to buy cable tv plus the extra packages. Many don't seem to be cutting back on the miles they drive or what kind of car they drive. The restaurants are still full of people ordering steak, and I still see it sold in the stores, so someone is buying it.

And how many people now think it's normal to have a cell phone on every person in the household that's over four years old?

What's all that cost? I'm honestly asking, because I don't have any of that or never did. I especially am not going to pay for cable tv when all they do is either lie to me, or try to convince me to be an active member of the sickest, most consumer oriented society in the history of the planet.

It's one thing to not want anything to do with some POS bill barfed out by people who wanted to 'pass it so we can know what's in it'; it's another thing to say you can't afford to have health insurance because you can't cut back anywhere in your budget.

To me, it isn't about what i can and cannot afford. Its more that it isn't anyones business, least of all Obama. If i want to work hard and spend money on healthcare, great. If i instead choose to spend it on beer and pinwheels, so? Why does Obama get to tell me what I am spending my money on?

Insurance is simply put, gambling. We have had our government mandate that we all take part in this gambling scheme. Where the house (like always) will always win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join