It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Obamacare is too expensive for the nation, therefore we must eliminate the president's and all of congress' pay and benefits immediately.

It is the right thing to do for them, and for the country.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Hey! You have it! If we shut down Capital Hill and close that stupid white house they shut us out from walking into anyway (That wasn't cool..) then how much might we save by dumping all that dead weight? It must be 10's of thousands of people when all the little people are taken into consideration. I'm sure behind every Congressperson is a small army of slav.... err... serv... err..Staffers, to do the actual work while their office holder sips tea with pinky extended, right on time each day.

I'll bet we could actually afford to take care of our health in this nation...if the leaches sucking us dry from the top weren't there to suck out everything we have to give....and then, debt spending our kids and their kids atop that.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have one word: impeachment.
How many more laws does he need to break (or change)?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Rezzij

Why is it always all or nothing with you people?

Rights and Principles are funny that way. You either have them or you do not have them. There is no 'kinda principled' in life.

Agreed...now can you tell me if this Thread title is a lie?

Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. Its a shame that we put so much of our tax money into an educational system that yields professionals who do this to people.

It is not the educational system that is responsible for inflated health costs? Comparing educational institutions around the globe that produce massive numbers of doctors that work both abroad and in the USA, it's impossible to claim such a correlation when asking why Medical costs in the USA are so egregiously more expensive than other countries with equal or better medical outcomes.

The simple reality is that capitalism is great. It incentives efficiency and innovation. But in order for it to work their has to be clear mechanisms for those incentives...Work longer=Earn more money...work smarter or innovate=earn more money...Price elasticity...can you afford a Ferrari or a Yugo? McDonalds or a steak dinner.

You can not work harder and prevent your child from being diagnosed with childhood leukemia. A college education does not mean you will not get cancer and when you require a triple bypass because of a genetic heart defect, you don't bargain shop or decide to skip the surgery until you can afford it.

Healthcare is not linked to the free market like other purchases. In economics, this is called fixed demand allows the supplier to charge whatever they choose.

Capitalism rocks. greatest economic system on the planet, but Healthcare has no place in it. Cancer cares not about income, education, how hard you work etc. Never has, never will. It resides outside capitalism and always has.

This is why 98% of the worlds most successful capitalists economies/nations have some form of socialized medicine.

It's logic and math, not politics.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So we need to cut spending but d-wad needs more money. Kiss my fing ass Obama...you are a disgrace to the presidency and the human race.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
1. Consumers in America are terrible. It is the only reason goods cost so much. Obama is right there.
2. As for his extreme spending--unless you are willing to use your life savings as kindling, his spending to keep the global economy afloat is why you aren't dead or starving. And if you are dying or starving you should probably be doing something other than posting here. Conservative economic philosophy is what made the Great Depression. Liberal economic philosophy (ie spend more so you don't have to start from scratch) would have curbed that catastrophe before you could spell shanty town.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

josefrees
1. Consumers in America are terrible. It is the only reason goods cost so much. Obama is right there.
2. As for his extreme spending--unless you are willing to use your life savings as kindling, his spending to keep the global economy afloat is why you aren't dead or starving. And if you are dying or starving you should probably be doing something other than posting here. Conservative economic philosophy is what made the Great Depression. Liberal economic philosophy (ie spend more so you don't have to start from scratch) would have curbed that catastrophe before you could spell shanty town.

Interesting theory.

Is there any actual way to prove all that?

Perhaps it's the other way around.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'd like to tell Mr. President that why should I cancel my creature comforts because you want to put your greedy hand in my pocket?

How about repealing this monstrosity of a bill and go on about your business in 2016. Try to leave some change for the rest of us though, lol!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by josefrees

Wow.. Really? So when you've maxed out all your credit cards and the banks calling the note on your house....it's time to get a whole new batch of credit cards through loopholes and a related family member or something? After all, if you can somehow maintain that debt spending until at least the end of your own lifetime, what your kids suffer in the debts left behind against everything you ever had or put together won't be much concern.

Kinda how the leadership OF BOTH SIDES is handling it. The United States has not had a proper Federal Budget passed since 2009, and a few years since one has even been attempted. It should start in the House but the Dems did no better for making one when they had control. In fact, that was where passing a budget came to an end in our nation, either way.

If one can defend spending without even having a budget to plan and/or control it? I'm not sure where to go with debate. It's just so totally against any basic logic I'd apply from economics.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No you should have smarter as a consumer from the start so that you 1) don't have to be bailed out and 2) aren't in the situation you are in to begin with. Off course, it is different when you have been a terrible consumer for so long that you and your dependents are starving but that is what the welfare state is for. McDonalds was made on the backs of terrible consumers who value convenience over their money--because they are willing to pay 4 dollars more than it takes to make a burger so they don't have to. As Ben Franklin said, "A penny saved is a penny earned." Obama's comments speak to a moderate economic stance.

A perfect example of demand side economics is gas prices and the saddest part of it is that it takes supply side greed for it manifest. Remember a few years ago when gas prices hit record highs and the squeeze was so much people actually thought about their gas usage, became more intelligent about their use of it and the prices fell off the face of the earth? That is the effect of smart consumerism (even sadder, the addiction to terrible consumerism is so deep, once the squeeze is gone most forget). Another example are the bus boycotts of the civil rights movement. If you ever doubt the effects of smart consumerism consider that simply by refusing to give a business your money as a group for whatever reason will cripple it.

The worst part of terrible consumerism is that it takes money from the good consumer because they have to pay inflated prices because terrible consumers drive the price up.

Not having insurance is terrible consumerism. What is more important--you being entertained or your family being even more crippled because daddy got cancer from all the terrible food he eats? It's just greater proof of how terrible consumers people are. A man reaps what he sows and yet when his crop fails because he skimped on seed water and labor it is the worlds fault.

Xuechen or whatever; the proof is in what each philosophy wants and feasibility is in how much of a realist the philosopher is. Is it better to prop a building up so you can repair it or let it collapse on you and hope you survive to rebuild it? A conservative economic philosophy applied to this recession (which is only not a depression due to money influx) would means absolute collapse. If you believe in pay as you go, yet are trillions of dollars in debt, you starve until you die. It is a matter of whether you are willing to have purges or whether you are willing borrow more. The proof is impossible to provide for I cannot tell the future and I cannot tell no matter how big or small future catastrophe are caused. If you haven't read any of the historical accounts of the 1929 global depression, you should. It is a very good mine for comparative politics and economics.
edit on 16-3-2014 by josefrees because: Moar

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Not having insurance is terrible consumerism. What is more important--you being entertained or your family being even more crippled because daddy got cancer from all the terrible food he eats? It's just greater proof of how terrible consumers people are. A man reaps what he sows and yet when his crop fails because he skimped on seed water and labor it is the worlds fault.

There have been nations and political systems within the last 100 years that also suggested not having the State determine your best aptitude early on, so they may guide and nurture your path to what you can do best in life (whether you like it or not), was a terrible waste and an unacceptable way to allow society to be run.

Men in my own family fought and bled to help defeat that ideology. This old fart (me) has a few years left, too....if it keeps running so hard core in that direction. Folks just won't stand for this much longer and I am far too old to start anything. However, if things don't STOP? None of us will have any say or impact on what just blows up around us.

It's like rats in a box. Science has run this experiment in countless variations. Raise the collective stress high enough...either quickly or over time...and things get messy for the rats. It simply a predictable outcome, and that in itself, should be something we wonder about IMO.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hah as if one has a say or impact now. Even if the strength was there to stand who does one stand up to? When you are surrounded which way do you face? Things won't stop and can't stop. And remember--the rats can destroy eachother and the scientist keeps on keepin on.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Who has the strength? I dunno... I've been 40 years on this rock and I JUST recently learned what a caucus was. I mean truly, in a way I attended and took part in to SEE how numbers choose candidates at the county level first, kind of way. Prior to that, I was like many... Beaten down and worn out to think 'why vote??'. I still have, because the Democratic national Committee or Republican National doesn't give two hoots for who serves in my city council or as my Mayor to rig votes...but I sure care and never wanted to cede the point by default.

However, since taking a seminar from Ron Paul's campaign people in 2012 to see and truly understand the system? It's very fair to say we've done this to ourselves and we've gotten precisely what we deserve. There may be 50 or 100 people in a county of a MILLION decide who will go forward to the state level decision as candidates. THAT SMALL a group...is who we cede our power to and throw our hands up in defeat from.

The thing is...perception is the means we're defeated, in my opinion. We've been led to believe we can't just walk right into the caucus, vote right along side the Party Faithful for who presides over the whole meeting and sets rules of order, or how that meeting turns out.

We've come to believe we're powerless....and it's the most self fulfilling prophecy imaginable, because it DOES take our cooperation to make true.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Be careful with all of that talk of empowering people over this expanding government.

They may create a new law that revokes the citizenship of anyone opposed to Obamacare and have them deported. For all we know now it may already be cleverly worded into the thousands of pages of ACA law.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I agree.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

After reading your post I am speechless, interesting, so you think that American consumers are terrible, and that Obama is trying to save the global economy? so we don't starve?

Ok, I guess is nothing there to argue with this opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I think it is crazy how he picked on cable tv and cell phones.

After all who really needs a $100 pair of shoes, nice gold neclace, $85 pair of jeans, $1,200 television, expensive brand products?

It could be that as a nation we need irresponsible spending to keep the economy afloat.

What is a home phone anyway? Cell phones are just about as cheap.

We have been brainwashed by the almighty propaganda machine, corporate and government.

The healthcare was supposed to be "affordable". People were never sold the, "give up everything you own to pay for a companies product" campaign.

I just can't wait till "fine time", then we will see just how successful this boondoggle job killing policy is.

But then again there will just be more blame and excuses to make it look like it was a good idea.

I seriously want to know why now? Why wait till the economy is stagnant to invoke a job killing policy? Why not wait till a strong economy can better support a massive blow of ignorance.

It is easier to blame the poor people as to why his ignorant policy isn't turning out the way he had hoped.

"It's not the policy, it's the people", is what he is saying.

Btw I am a Union Sheetmetal worker. I have insurance. I just can't stand the government mandating the people who are already struggling to pay the bills paying a company for their services.

Unconstitutional..bottom line.

edit on 17-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: too many typos. sorry

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes. Right. I'm a vet, my wife is a disabled vet. we pay for our own health insurance (think Oh-boo-boo care is bad, try the VA!)
we don't have cable. we have internet. we have netflix. we have a burn phone and use VIOP. If you want the people to give up they're cable and phones that's cool. All you have to do your majesty is give up the center seat! No? didn't think so. How about we stop giving money to Pakistan, egypt, iraq, a-stan, and NATO? How about we stop wasting money on the DEA when we already have an ATF? Why do we have to waste money on Oh-boo-boo care when we already have Medicare/Medicade? Why do we have to keep paying for your wifes vacations? why don't we stop spending money on robots to send to Mars and stuff like that when we could be spending that cash on B-37B space bombers? why do we keep spending money on a visa systems for foreign workers and foreign students when we could just tell them to stay in they're own countries and good riddance? why are we spending money on housing and medical and food and education for UFN's and they're anchor babies? and finally your Majesty, lord God, ruler of the government VISA card, King OH-Vomit-ba, why are you so STUPID when it comes to government? I'd swear you had bill Ayers for a professor of something !

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Love how every time something is implemented, that is supposed to be for our benefit, it never is. Just watched the hunger games, it really does seem that the odds are never in our favor. What I'm trying to figure out is who keeps casting the die, and why?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join