Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
My wife worked for a doctor, and we had most care needed through that avenue instead of having an insurance premium. i still see that doctor, using my insurance, since my wife went to work elsewhere.

I think that a fallacy has been passed here without people really noticing: that "healthcare" is a necessity. It isn't.

And for those of us who don't have a wife who works for a doctor?

That seems a strange claim...we don't need health insurance?

Are you aware that Doctors Bills were the #1 cause of bankruptcy in the USA for almost decade running? Including last year?
Even during the financial crisis...Medical Bills were still the number one cause of bankruptcy?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Indigo5

bigfatfurrytexan
My wife worked for a doctor, and we had most care needed through that avenue instead of having an insurance premium. i still see that doctor, using my insurance, since my wife went to work elsewhere.

I think that a fallacy has been passed here without people really noticing: that "healthcare" is a necessity. It isn't.

And for those of us who don't have a wife who works for a doctor?

That seems a strange claim...we don't need health insurance?

Are you aware that Doctors Bills were the #1 cause of bankruptcy in the USA for almost decade running? Including last year?
Even during the financial crisis...Medical Bills were still the number one cause of bankruptcy?

Yes. Its a shame that we put so much of our tax money into an educational system that yields professionals who do this to people.

I am not saying people do or do not need health insurance. I am saying that the solution provided is atrocious, and would rather just trust my luck elsewhere.

You missed the entire point about the wife working for a doctor....as that isn't "health coverage" and I would still end up having to buy the insurance that I cannot afford. And that doctor loses a powerful bargaining chip.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You people are all insane. Over here in the UK, we really struggle to understand how you can all get so indignant about everyone having equal access to affordable healthcare. It's basic human decency. The idea of getting cancer then having to pay thousands and thousands of pounds for treatment is just bizarre and inhumane.

I really do wonder sometimes. Totally different breed.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezzij

The thing is, the democrats had the ability to pass a single payer system when they passed this monstrosity. With Medicare and Medicaid gone, and some tweaks to some other program spending, it was even economically feasible. The only ones that really stood to lose in that equation were the health insurance companies. Guess who has the money to buy politicians? I was always a bit neutral when it came to politics until this happened, now it makes me sick to hear anyone defending any political party any more. I have always had my individual beliefs regarding styles of government I prefer, but after the last 15 years or so I have lost all faith in ALL political parties, and believe they should be done away with, along with campaign contributions, lobbyists, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
o I guess if all of us want to watch cable then we go to the white house to do it? Or go to the elites mansions in every town/city/state and watch it and use their phones? I never thought I would see things get this bad....and stupid.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Iamnotadoctor

Auricom
reply to post by xuenchen

Isn't it supposed to be the "affordable healthcare act"?

Sheesh, if this is affordable in his opinion I'd hate to see what isn't!

Clearly his quite logical point sailed right over your ignorant head.
Something as important as healthcare certainly does become affordable when you prioritise, and stop buying alcohol every day, stop buying a new iphone every year, stop buying cigarettes, stop buying xboxes, stop buying junk food, etc....
Did you really need it spelled out for you?

So as long as we do nothing with our lives but work, we can afford it?

Ya no thanks, life isnt about paying for health insurance, it is about LIVING.

Alcohol xboxes and iphones are what make life worth living, having health insurance is not by any stretch, a way to live a fulfilled life.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I'm surprised he mentioned "cable" as a thing to get rid of. Television is the only reason him and other members of the two-party system ever get elected. If everybody got rid of their televisions, I promise you there would never be another democrat or republican in office again.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

How about We CANCEL Bama Care Voodoo Instead .........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

You're being facetious. He's talking about moderation, not living like a pauper. It's a statement of fact that affordable health care is a higher priority for society than upgrading your smartphone for another smartphone, then using it for exactly the same thing as the old one.

And drink a few less beers, it'll do you the world of good.

Why is it always all or nothing with you people?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wildmanimal
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is absolutely correct.
Don't let 545 fool you all.
WE Are The Government.We, The People.
They are only our Elected Representatives.
Don't ever forget that.

They forgot that.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Rezzij
reply to post by oblvion

You're being facetious. He's talking about moderation, not living like a pauper. It's a statement of fact that affordable health care is a higher priority for society than upgrading your smartphone for another smartphone, then using it for exactly the same thing as the old one.

He is not talking about moderation, and this monstrosity is not "affordable".

I dont even have a phone at all. Not a home phone and not a cell phone. I have internet and free cable though.

I work 6 days a week and still cannot even afford the deductible if something happens. So I will still be at the ER, and not pay them, because I cant afford to.

I will be damned if I cant drink a few beers, I work my arse off.

Your not thinking this through. This is not some socialized "universal healthcare" system, this is flat out robbery.

Hundreds of dollars a month, just to owe thousands if you need to use it, is EFFing insanity of the highest order.

It is not all or nothing. It is just nothing.

This law has done nothing but hurt 90% of Americans.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezzij

Obama fraud is only affordable to those that will be able to get into tax payer funded Medicaid gravy train, for the rest of the working class is mandated bailout for the insurance companies while still paying for Medicaid recipients.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezzij

Rights and Principles are funny that way. You either have them or you do not have them. There is no 'kinda principled' in life. You can have fewer than others, but there is no kinda in the ones each of us hold dear.

Telling me I have to pay a tax for the high privilege he seems to believe it is right now to live in 'his' America is a step beyond what I'll ever comply with. Period. Not now. Not later. Not ever. Not in this life.

Not to put too fine a point on things..but this President was a little boy and living his formative years in the ghettos of Jakarta, Indonesia. His idea of moderating life's needs and wants and that of the average American may and very much seem to be VERY different things.

Of course...he still gets his 100 Million dollar junket vacations to Africa and a vacation somewhere every 6-8 weeks on average. He still has celebrity bashes on a regular basis at the White House. Being him seems to be a very tiring life.

Must be nice to tell everyone else how to cut back while he's multiplying how many times over he's a millionaire in office, incidentally.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Rezzij
reply to post by oblvion

what the hell do you mean "you people"?

and yes, medical services are a priority...quite an important one, i might add....but i would hardly classify ACA exchange plans as "affordable" a lot of people are already living like paupers, a lot of people don't have any frivolities other than cable tv, a smartphone, and maybe a game console....is it right to ask them to give up what little they have left, in order to comply with a bogus law that amounts to nothing more than legalized robbery?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I see... so we should willingly sacrifice our quality of life for his spectacularly stupid idea.

Nope.... This is NOT how to get people to buy your BS. I'm far from sold.

Exactly. The thing is, most Americans have already had to downsize their costs, thanks to the economy, job losses, insurance losses, etc. Obama refuses to see this reality. He also refuses to see that not everyone is rolling with an iphone.

I have not enrolled and I never will. Never!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Obama already added on another hardship exemption this week.

See #14 www.healthcare.gov...

This whole thing is a ridiculous mess. If receiving a shut off notice from a utility company is now considered an accepted exemption, he may as well just repeal the whole thing and scrap it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I have a better idea.

Given that's it's treasonous; socially, culturally and medical system destructive . . .

take it out of the Narcissist-in-chief's salary. And when that runs out after a few microseconds . . . start taking it out of his retirement and all the other benefits the oligarchy has scheduled him for. And when a few minutes later all that runs out . . .

sentence him for treason to . . . a very lonely island with minimal infrastructure and comforts . . . and in behalf of his narcissism . . . mirrors everywhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Obama has made threats towards Russia about trying to stop the vote in the Ukraine taking place on Sunday or else.

Obama today is out playing Golf whist his banker masters draw up the script he will read out on Monday.

Still it could be worse, you could have been made to watch the Kerry or Clinton Puppet read out the same script.

Mr Putin on the other hand if you care to see does not read from a script and says what he thinks without fear of upsetting some bankster from the other side of the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Rezzij
You people are all insane. Over here in the UK, we really struggle to understand how you can all get so indignant about everyone having equal access to affordable healthcare. It's basic human decency. The idea of getting cancer then having to pay thousands and thousands of pounds for treatment is just bizarre and inhumane.

I really do wonder sometimes. Totally different breed.

Obama care was sold as you say, but it isn't that in any way. It's like willingly having your legs broken so you can crawl around on the sidewalk begging for coins, and those coins all go back to give Obama credit some how. It is like being asked by our own president to "Please assist me in helping our country commit suicide together". But please sign up and forgo your usual needs so this thing will work first, then we all destroy America together.

Equal access isn't a theme that anyone actually incorporated into this big lie. Don't get me wrong, because I would go for something that isn't like lighting yourself on fire, and paying the government more money to keep myself burning, but what it is here in less descriptive terms is only an empty box of promises that not even one of them could be kept. The bad things that they kind of hinted at about it, like the fines for not signing up is true.

The entire thing is a real life conspiracy of massive law breaking and fraudulent spending by a huge team of looters that never make it home for the day without diverting some of that money to a personal check ordered to be paid by Obama.. Just like when him and Tony Rezko worked together, and still do behind closed doors, Rezko is a Chicago mafia type, and Obama cut his teeth with the Mafia, I am serious. The Mob helped him win the election in Chicago to become a senator by doing a little physical persuasions, a few bribes, and ballot fraud on a mass scale, methods he used for the presidential election too, because it worked so well for his senate bid.

If you ever wonder why Obama is so glaringly inept and transparent in his attempts at all the classic crimes, it is because he is such an amateur. A permanent rookie. Add in no scruples about following anyone's rules except his own and no morality code of conduct produces people like him when left to ferment into the rot gut that he spawned from.

Obama is like a 2 dollar bottle of red diamond wine, you couldn't even give it away. All of what my big point of making a big point is about (haha) is that this is what a person like him makes in a product. Simply, anything coming from him is defective, recalled, non functioning and harmful for humans. I'll bet that sooner or later his very gaze might even start fires.
edit on 15-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Darkness and light

www.rollingstone.com...

in a Rolling Stone interview, Bill Gates joins the chorus. He says–like bioethicist Daniel Callahan–that we have to be careful about making technological improvements in medicine because we won’t want to make them available to all. From the interview:

www.lifenews.com...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join