It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: If Obamacare’s Too Expensive, Cancel Cable, Cell Phone

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

We need to take cues from the French. If their gov. pulled this s#it, they would be flipping cars, and throwing molitovs. Where are our balls?

Very simply put? The "loud people" on the Right tried to get together and stop this crap. They called it the Tea Party Movement, and it worked...for a time. Then they were essentially corralled and subdued within a cage of their own making by both the Left and the extreme Right of their own side.

The "loud people" on the Left tried to get together and stop this crap, too. They called it Occupy and it had enough energy to light the night, where it chose to shine. Unfortunately, it was pulled down by the Right, corrupted from within and stomped by authority after TPTB realized it couldn't co-opt the movement for their own uses.

Check.....if not Mate. The American people are tired. Downright exhausted. It's been endless year upon year of back to back to back crisis and at this stage, a good % of the public just doesn't give a damn as long as their bills get paid somehow, with whatever they have coming in. Perhaps getting to this stage was the whole point.

At this point, you could have goose stepping, straight arming goons marching down D.C. streets in parade and a fair % of the american people would very seriously grumble about how "someone better do something" before going back to trying to survive and cope....assuming of course, someone else saw to that other problem..and what was it again?

Welcome to the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is it. Emotionally drained. A nation that has, to some degree, PTSD.

Welcome to the Western World and "progress".

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Makes you really wonder (Not really) with all the wars and crisis going on, that they are all just not completely manufactured to just keep us tired and browbeaten.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

macman

Makes you really wonder (Not really) with all the wars and crisis going on, that they are all just not completely manufactured to just keep us tired and browbeaten.

That thought has crossed my mind along with all the other things they do to us.
psychcentral.com...

antibiotics, antidepressants and painkilling opioids are the most commonly prescribed.

Then there is the illicit drug culture, which I also believe is fueled by outside forces.

Plus they are working us to death, it is about to come to a head because we cant keep paying these prices for fuel, food, electricity, the list goes on.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We are being destroyed from within, by the enemy, and the enemy is our own, our own government, our own citizens, willing to believe the lies,along with other nations that want us weakened and out of the way, it is obvious isn't it that Babylon must fall?

While claiming to be wise, they became fools.

What I will do to my vineyard?
I will take away the hedge
and break down the wall, and it shall be trodden down

I will lay it waste:

many houses shall be desolate, even great and fair, without inhabitant.

they regard not the work of the Lord, neither consider the operation of his hands

my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.

And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea: and if one look unto the land, behold darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof.
edit on 113131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It is just the natural rise and fall of empires. Every world power has gone through this cycle. Ours is just going through it a bit faster than the others. Probably due to the proliferation of information thanks to the internet.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've put much thought into Obama's wanting me to prioritize my household budget in order to pay for his affordable healthcare mandate.

He's right, I need to cut out the expenditures that I deem unnecessary. In view of his wisdom in seeing I am indeed not making wise choices in how my hard earned meager income is spent. I've made the decision to stop paying out the most frivolous part of my tiny budget.

I will no longer pay taxes. Yeppers, it's taxes that eat the portion of my budget, that could be paying for my healthcare.

Thanks, Prez...you helped me make a wise choice...

What an idiot he is.....I'll give up my cell phone and cable, when he gives up golfing and taking 6 vacations a year. Sounds like a fair trade off to me.

Des

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I only pay $7 a month for cell phone and being disabled its a must have.

Cable tv is free, part of the $270 a month i pay for space rent at the RV park i live in.

$20 a month for internet that saves me a lot more then $20 in shopping and medical knowledge i need to deal with my doctors.

By the way i get free health care at the VA and don't have to deal with obamacare.

under the calif obamacare program i still would not have to pay anything because t am disabled and low income.

But i get a lot better care at the VA then i would get in calif under MediCal.

I know of a lot of veterans with service connected disabilities that when they lost health coverage overage they had payed for are now going to the VA instead of signing up for Obamacare.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You got to love it when he talks to his base like this, what a damn fool, he gave most of them the phone's in HIS program, now he wants them to get rid of them.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The irony for me is that prior to the ACA I could have afforded health insurance that would have protected me from medical bankruptcy. Which, if my memory serves me correctly, is like the purpose of insurance.

Let's see my bare bones satellite TV bill is $50 a month. I have to have a cell phone as I run my business from it so that's another $50 a month. Losing both of those still won't even pay for a Bronze Plan which will not protect me from medical bankruptcy. I make too much to qualify for a subsidy and not enough to purchase this bull# so called insurance. There literally is no room in my budget after my base bills are paid. Oh yeah, my business depends on having an Internet connection too so I can't lose that either.

Now, If I quit paying such non-essential services as electricity, natural gas, property taxes, and quit going to the grocery store and take up dumpster diving then I could afford a Bronze Plan.

The arrogance of the ivory tower egghead fascists who created this hydra is astounding.

On the plus side, I've learned a lot about herbal medicine.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Dianec
From a legal perspective he needs to be careful. Someone is going to cancel their 20.00 per month emergency cell phone and end up in trouble because they couldn't call home for help in an emergency - ending up dead or disabled. In America - you can sue for anything so I wouldn't put it past someone - "she had one but Obama said I should stop paying for such things". That would be another McDonald's coffee thing but he wants to be the authority figure - he may just get what he asks for in time. Stick to the important stuff and leave personal home budgeting to the citizens.

exactly, because NO member of the federal government (or any government, really), has any right to tell the citizens how to spend their money..

i'm not gonna go screaming "NAZIS", or "POLICE STATE", but seriously....how in the hell is this guy still in office? how are the people not so hopping mad at him, over the absolute hash he's made of EVERYTHING, that they're not breaking down the doors of their representatives, and DEMANDING they get going on articles of impeachment?

the way this government interacts with, and treats the people.....they've forgotten their place, and so have the people....disgraceful..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

signalfire
Maybe he's got a point. Everyone I see is looking down at a fancy Smart phone, and seems to have the money to buy cable tv plus the extra packages. Many don't seem to be cutting back on the miles they drive or what kind of car they drive. The restaurants are still full of people ordering steak, and I still see it sold in the stores, so someone is buying it.

And how many people now think it's normal to have a cell phone on every person in the household that's over four years old?

What's all that cost? I'm honestly asking, because I don't have any of that or never did. I especially am not going to pay for cable tv when all they do is either lie to me, or try to convince me to be an active member of the sickest, most consumer oriented society in the history of the planet.

It's one thing to not want anything to do with some POS bill barfed out by people who wanted to 'pass it so we can know what's in it'; it's another thing to say you can't afford to have health insurance because you can't cut back anywhere in your budget.

i respect your opinion, and you make some valid points...with the caveat, that those points may be of more limited validity to others...

but let's look at this realistically....

let me draw you a picture....a hypothetical....-gets out crayons-

in this hypothetical, i'm a healthy 25 year-old, non-smoking male....(in reality, i'm older, and i smoke)

now, in this hypothetical, i work as a contractor for the local cable company....i've worked my way up to supervisor, and i'm making a whopping 10 dollars an hour....i work long, hard hours, i have very little free time, and the tax man rapes me every payday....

i don't have cable, i don't have a fancy car, i hafta live with my parents, because i can't afford my own place, and i'm already working 60-90 hours a week....i can't do any more than i already am....

i have a cell phone, with a plan that costs me 80 bucks a month..the rest of my money is spent on rent to my parents, food and drink, because i rarely see home, gas for my car, and a few misc. luxury items, for the very limited amount of time off i get from work....i've already canceled my company health insurance policy a year ago, because i couldn't afford it.....

so explain to me, why i should hafta cut what little fun i DO get to have, out of my budget, because a bunch of bureaucratic idiots, and insurance industry apologists in washington, thought it would be a good idea to make it mandatory that i buy some bloated POS plan, that i don't need....explain to me why i, a single 25 year-old male, needs to pay for frivolous things like birth control pills, or maternity care...

no...i don't need to drop what little i have....the government needs to take that hand it has stuck out at me, put it back in it's pocket, do an about face, and piss off...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Digital_Reality says: If the country is going broke , Cancel Jay Z, Vacations

This is line two which I took pleasure in writing.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Bilk22
reply to post by signalfire

Well he's sounding like the bootstraps Republicans he used to deride. Let's see how his constituency takes it

laying down, like every other stunt he's pulled since he got in office....he lied his ass off to get the people to support him, then, just like every other lying, snake oil salesman who's occupied the office for the last few decades, he went back on every promise he made to the people...but the idiots who supported him were too busy ignorantly thinking that obama gave them a free phone, and they absolutely lost their goddamn minds when they got more handouts from the federal government....no, obama is still OK to them.....who cares if he lied about stuff like guns, and healthcare, and gitmo, and war in the middle east, and all that other stuff.....they got free money, and a free phone....obama is the greatest motherf**ker alive....

-rolls eyes- we are so screwed...
edit on 14-3-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

You are absolutely right, because all the things you said, coupled with Nancy Pelosi saying things like now people that want to be artists or musicians, or whatever they want, can do so without having to worry about having a real job.
They are not only making it possible, but encouraging people that would rather not work, to not do so. Guaranteeing the government will take care of you.

It is like any other type of enablement, and face the reality, work sucks, getting up and having to do it sucks. Many people would, and have, leapt at the chance to be on peemanent vacation.

Only certain people have a need, an urgency, to do for themselves, to not have ro depend on others, but I have even seen these types so browbeaten, they want to iust give in. They not only make it easy, but dare I say, attractive?

The danger is, once we reach that tipping point where it is out of balance, and we have more going out than going in. The system will crack, crumble, and fail. We all see this. We all warn about it, but no one is listening. The desire to not be tied to a job is obviously much stronger. People are worn.

The real trouble comes when a new president comes in and starts trying to clean up this nightmare. That is when the rebellion will start. Not from us, the people being forced to pay for all this, but later, when someone starts taking it all away. And that is when we should be the most concerned.

It cannot, and will not, last forever. So, just prepare while you can, be ready for the inevitable rage when all the subsidies and freebies start disappearing.

They just voted to extend unemployment another 5-6 months, retroactive to January. When that really comes to an end, the disability roles are reviewed, and food stamps are going to the truly needy, all hell will break loose.

When the have nots outnumber the ones paying for it, there will be no choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

buster2010
Don't sign up for it just pay the fine because the fine is based on your income. That way you don't get screwed by the insurance companies. The only reason why a low income person would join the ACA is for the tax breaks you get.

so you think it's absolutely alright that we be fined for not buying something we don't want or need?

that's like the government telling us we ALL need to buy a zippo™ lighter, or Nike™ shoes, and then fining us because we'd rather have a Bic™ and a pair of Keds™

you're seriously alright with this? you think it's ok for them to try and strongarm people to buy something they can't afford, and don't need, by threatening to steal from them?

jesus christ, what planet do you live on?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Skyfloating
I agree with Obamski on this. Health should be more of a priority than Cable-TV.

it's a gross oversimplification.....not to mention idiotic...like pelosi's "we have to pass it, to see what's in it", or reid's "they're all lies", or biden's "an ar-15 is too hard to handle, get a double barrel shotgun instead, and commit a felony with it, while you're at it"

sometimes, it's not a matter of priorities, sometimes it's a matter of it simply NOT being affordable, no matter how much you lower yourself to try and make it happen....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

jimmyx
in the video, the guy says he makes 36,000 a year...3,000 a month....the guy said, his plan for 3 people would cost him 300 a month...10% of his income...and what?...this is too much for healthcare for his entire family?.....just the 2 of us (my wife and I) spent about 350 a month before Obamacare, and before Obama was even elected....now we are getting it for 360 a month.

the big question is how much of that 36,000 a year is going to the IRS?

three grand a month SOUNDS like a lot, but when you start factoring in income tax, bills, and household expenses, that money disappears mighty fast....

and that 300-a-month plan....what's the premium and deductible look like?....what's the out of pocket co-pay for office visits and prescriptions look like? what's the level of coverage? is what you're getting worth the financial hardship it will incur?

this is what it means to look at this realistically.....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

buster2010

abecedarian

Skyfloating
I agree with Obamski on this. Health should be more of a priority than Cable-TV.

I don't. It is my right, my prerogative to prioritize my life, not the government's.

You are right it's not the governments place to prioritize your life. Just like it's not the governments place to bail you out when you go bankrupt because you had hospital bills you couldn't afford.

and it's not the government's place to bail out the insurance industry by forcing the people to buy their now-price-inflated products, and then threatening to fine them if they don't......but people like you seem to think it's just a dandy idea.....

funny how hypocrisy works, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

jimmyx
prove it, Mr. truth-teller...give us your income, and the details of the plan you had before, and the details of the "same plan that is 60% higher" ...and include where we here, can all go and verify what you say is true....since you are calling the president a liar, puppet, and a fraud, take responsibility for what you say, and back it up.
edit on Thu Mar 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped out vids Quote Crash Course

don't you know soliciting personal information is a T&C violation? c'mon man....

as to the rest of it, i think the president speaks quite well for himself....he says "if you like you health insurance plan, you can keep your health insurance plan. if you like your doctor, you can keep seeing your doctor. this is not some government takeover"

for a LOT of americans, what he said was absolutely NOT true....people have lost their coverage, because the plans they had were made illegal by the ACA, and some doctors have stopped practicing altogether, or have changed the way they do things, because of the ACA, in such a way where some people can't keep seeing them....

the simple fact of this whole thing is that the omnibus legislation known as the PPACA was, and is, a bad deal for the american people.....yes, there are certain provisions of it that are beneficial, but there is entirely too much crap tacked onto it, that hurts us...the cons outweigh the pros this time..

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join