It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline?maps all wonky again....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This time Australia is HUGE, like 4 times bigger than before, New Zeland is way smaller and farther away and down to the right, and now Japan is no longer up by Alaska, but is instead, way down parallel with California???? Also Hawaii and Texas are TEEEEEEENY now...

I don't even know what to think anymore, Either maps are getting RE done and becoming more accurate, or something has seriously changed YET again!

Anyone else notice this new switch up this time around???

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
what map are you looking at with all these discrepancies? Link?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Bing maps. I was looking for houses on the mls and went out farther and farther, and then, was like.... "WHAT???"

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Are you speaking of zooming in and out because this will change the perspective. Nothing has chance noticeably on the world maps that I'm aware of. If continents are drifting in a way that is clearly visible I would be curious to see that as it would be quite the discussion.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
When exactly was Japan parallel to Alaska?

I just looked at Bing maps and everything seems to be right on there to me!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

It was parallel from 2008 until today?

I am just seeing if any who noticed the differences last time are noticing again and if it is the same group.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

Japan has not changed locations???? It has been right there on the map every time I've ever looked!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Off topic: I'm 37 and had never seen a double rainbow until last year. Now, double rainbows are as common over Cleveland as single rainbows....and there seems to be multiple rainbows around the sky every time it rains.

On topic: I, too, am one who remembers different maps, Mandela already dying, etc. but have noticed no other discrepancy lately.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There are trade-offs in accuracy that different map projections make.

In some projections everything is at the right angle to everything else, but some stuff looks smaller than it really is and some of the distances are out of proportion. In other projections everything looks as big as it really is but as a result some of it seems stretched out of position. I can't explain the math that goes into the tradeoffs exactly, but it's almost certainly the cause of your perception. I also used to think Japan was lower and that Australia was way way bigger, but I'm certain those were just illusions created by me initially remembering an eccentric projection of the map.

Specifically I do remember getting very upset at my teacher over a geography quiz in elementary school. We had to list the continents in order of size, and when I went by the map on the wall I got it wrong, because it was a projection where extreme latitudes are stretched more than the equator to fit the round world onto the rectangular map- Antarctica appeared to easily be the biggest continent, and Australia didn't look anywhere near the smallest.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Yes, I wish they didn't mess with google map so much so I didn't have to start using Bing in the firstplace! They keep screwing around with things that don't need fixing and make them crappy. They even changed facebook again today!

As for the double rainbows, yes, they are common now, we have a lot of pictures from last year at our place.

There was another person alive again too now that I think of it, the Nelson Mandella thing triggered me to it.

I was going to start a thread about it, a comedian I think, but was just in disbelief, and then the maps today as well, and I am just like "NOT again please".

I was finally to the point of denial and putting all that at the back of my mind.

I will try and find the guy and post it in here.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Now its driving me up the wall, it was someone as crazy as say Johnny Carson or George Carlin or Bernie Mac being alive, and I just didn't want to have to wrap my mind around it and went to sleep instead of making the thread last night.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My maps seem to be working fine. Get a new map

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I hate to say this

Pics or it didnt happen

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by halfpint0701

I don't know what to tell you. I just remember hearing about this double rainbow thing that people enjoy.

It's off topic, but are you referring to that nut on youtube freaking out just because he saw a double rainbow??

Not every American is a nutjob crying at something somewhat common in the sky.

***OP***Quote***

or something has seriously changed YET again!
Don't you think people in Australia would notice if their country quadrupled in size?? Texans wouldn't notice if their land had shrunk overnight??

Timeshift where the world changed yet the maps and memories of them remain (as they "were" and are)??

You have to be using a bad map, have a poor memory, or somewhat prone to fantasy.
edit on 3/13/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Mod Note: Please post to the topic

This thread is about maps, not rainbows. That can be another thread (hint).

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Nothing out of the ordinary here in OZ in regards to country size. Still takes me a good hour to get to one of my mates place who is considered rural from Melbourne. And from east coast city Perth to west coast city Sydney its still the same time delay of 3 hours.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Although I've never experienced it I've read a lot of claims about map changes and people believing dead celebrities to be alive. The theory most often being that your consciousness has leaped into an alternate or parallel universe. The best repository, that I've found, for these types of occurrences is Glitch In The Matrix which recently kind of spawned a new subreddit called Mandela effect for those who remember Nelson Mandela passing a long while in the past, and other supposed "living/deceased" anomalies.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Go to car boot sales and look for world maps published by Readers Digest, they never alter, and are cheap, I have bought two, for less that $5.00, countries names change, and boundaries from time to time, but that's all, nothing gets deleted or added, per page, in permanent stasis you might say, I hope to buy an atlas printed since 2000, just to see names and boundaries changes. Plus the latest theories on geology and cosmology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join