It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Election???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

programad

cosmicexplorer
Someone on another site stated that the Russian translation literally means something like you hold the key down....any know if it would be possible to program a webpage that by hitting a certain key it reveals something different?

Again, i posted the russian translation here pages ago and I am a programmer and there is no key press event capturing code there.

I know but someone mentioned that the translation would actually be in reference to holding it down as opposed to we hold the key. I was unsure if you spoke russian or just did translate...thx for mentioning the code though..idk how to read it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

BoovDawg
reply to post by programad

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

check out on the right side of the page..."site II"

Ballistic missile defense system
edit on 20-3-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What we know so far:

- Someone bought domain and paid for privacy;
- Someone bought a random HTML template made by a company called Atlaspix;
- Someone with no technical knowledge modified the code for his purpuses;
- Someone put a countdown to this day;
- When the countdown reached zero, someone put a word hunt puzzle or somekind of cryptic puzzle (like a marketing phase 2);

-- You hold the key in russian;
-- Alert people;
-- Stock food/ammo/docs;
-- Something related to some election;

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by programad

Good summary, all of which makes NO SENSE if this is a viral marketing campaign.

Epic troll, or legit?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Ye ino thats were the marker is init

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The issue with a marketing campaign (and it very well could be)....is how tasteless it is....especially with high tensions. At this point id wager its more of a troll... than a marketing campaign.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Haha ...what if its a virus....and they add the code later...we all refresh and bam! Could it work like that?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Nice find, man!!! Thanks!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There is no way it could be viral marketing from an established brand because the site so heavily alludes to an attack by Russia on the US. Signing the survival stuff 'E.S'? I'm not saying it's not genuine or some random person trying to advertise his own thing though.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
Haha ...what if its a virus....and they add the code later...we all refresh and bam! Could it work like that?

No, there is no known virus or code that can do that on this days. All codes ask for user permission to trespass the browser boundary and reach the operating system.

Most of the codes that reach the OS are in JAVA. Javascript is harmless.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Haha, that would suck, epically. As far as if it's possible, I have no clue, but let's hope not...LOL. Has anyone tried toying with the lightness of this page? Seeing as that revealed a message last time, it might do something similar this time.
ETA: Let's assume, for a second, that it isn't a hoax or marketing campaign, and it is Edward Snowden warning us of an impending attack, whether nuclear or not, why would he call it the last election? I've been trying to look at this from all sides, and not actually forming a judgment on it, and, as a marketing campaign, it makes sense (somewhat), as well as a joke/spam, but if It's real? we'd have to assume that the last election means something.
edit on 20-3-2014 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

programad
What we know so far:

- Someone bought domain and paid for privacy;
- Someone bought a random HTML template made by a company called Atlaspix;
- Someone with no technical knowledge modified the code for his purpuses;
- Someone put a countdown to this day;
- When the countdown reached zero, someone put a word hunt puzzle or somekind of cryptic puzzle (like a marketing phase 2);

-- You hold the key in russian;
-- Alert people;
-- Stock food/ammo/docs;
-- Something related to some election;

The countdown hasn't hit zero. The countdown ends tonight at midnight.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I used a link mapping program to map the website...just to add a little variation to the info we pretty much already have...I had to screenshot the results because pictures are all you can upload to ATS...here's the thumbnail that will take you to the image. You may need to zoom a bit.

Direct link if the thumbnail doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Answer

Do we not already know what the timer leads to? Because when it ended in other countries it was the wall of letters.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidWarrior

My take on it at this point is an elaborate hoax playing on all the fears of the current quandary of the planet and its problems...on some of the forums and other sites some people are having actual anxiety over it...which is sad...for me ...its fun...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Answer

Wtf it has on myn sum1 sed ova day evry1 clock aint right

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Answer

Hold control and hit F5

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

for me ...its fun

Likewise...I am just happy to see that they upped themselves by going with a better code this time...as opposed to the "preschool" (my word early on in the thread) Binary stuff. Makes you wonder if they are reading this thread LoL.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

BoovDawg
reply to post by Answer

Wtf it has on myn sum1 sed ova day evry1 clock aint right

English translation?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join