It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Diamond Reveals Earth's Interior is All Wet..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by borntowatch

and some say there is not enough water on the planet to cover the earth
Interesting. Let's check. The article says:

"It translates into a very, very large mass of water, approaching the sort of mass of water that's present in all the world's ocean," Pearson told Live Science's Our Amazing Planet.

The Earth's oceans contain a volume of about 1,348,400,000 cubic kilometers of water. The Earth's surface is about 510,072,000 square kilometers. Spread that additional amount of water over the Earth's surface and you would raise sea level by about 2.6 kilometers.

There is a great deal of land on Earth which is more that 2.6 km above sea level. So, if that much water really is there (not certain) and if it were brought to the surface (somehow), it would indeed cover much land area. But not Tibet, not the central Andes, not the Greenland or Antarctic ice sheets, not the region around Turkey. A lot of land left uncovered and a whole lot of mountain peaks.
Global Topographic Map

edit on 3/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Great work matey, totally rebuffed I bow to your intellect.

Oh but wait

Does anyone actually know how much water there is, mine was an assumption and you rebutted my assumption.
All those figures have no value and are an exercise of ego. Please lets wait for some facts, nobody knows how much water lies under the earth.

My point was simple, science is not a rule, it changes
You dont know all the facts and neither do I, seems like standard scientific belief is being challenged and some dont like it.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by gardener

Now the only thing missing is evidence of a global flood.

Yeah, its missing if you dont believe it happened or wont accept any evidence.

I could link many sites that show evidence, but hey, it wont change anything to those who wont accept any thing other than the empirical rule of science.

Bless you

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You dont know all the facts and neither do I, seems like standard scientific belief is being challenged and some dont like it.

Who doesn't like it? This particular finding, I mean?

Like you said, science changes. That means it isn't a belief. That means its based on evidence.

Read the article, the scientists say they don't really know how much water there is.
edit on 3/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Phage

Who doesn't like it? This particular finding, I mean?

Like you said, science changes. That means it isn't a belief. That means its based on evidence.

Read the article, the scientists say they don't really know how much water there is.
edit on 3/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Who doesnt like it, is that rhetorical?

Anyone who doesnt believe there is enough water on/in the planet to flood the earth for a start.

I am aware that scientists dont know how much water is on/in the earth, that was my point

so lets just be patient
Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Does this mean it is like an ocean or is the water mixed throughout the earth?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

So Earth is basically a giant teardrop floating through space?

Cool, very cool!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

borntowatch

Phage
reply to post by gardener

Now the only thing missing is evidence of a global flood.

Yeah, its missing if you dont believe it happened or wont accept any evidence.

I could link many sites that show evidence, but hey, it wont change anything to those who wont accept any thing other than the empirical rule of science.

Bless you

Are you seriously saying that you trust a book written in the Iron Age more than modern science?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

I wonder if anyone connected this hollow earth yet( haven't read all the post if so)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amsterdamn87

There were mentions, but no fully connected strings of thought. Hope that answers your questions.

Now, for my unfortunate conclusion. The probability that this water is just as polluted as the water we knew about previously is pretty high. But, it does give a pretty decent explanation as to how a species living in the earth could survive. Where there is water, there eventually becomes life.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think I read somewhere that they have fossil records from atop of mountains with sea creatures in them .That doesn't say that they were covered with water but may suggest that they (the mountains) were below sea level . We see evidence today of underwater volcanoes rising up out of the water to form land masses that become Islands .But what of these mountains that were not volcanoes ,There must have been a great upward pressure to lift the sea floor to some of the heights we see today .Aside from the water under the earth and on it we have a great bunch frozen in ice .The antarctic has huge amounts of ice and Greenland is no small amount as well . I have wondered as well about the planet Mars and how at one time in the past it came much closer to earth .I seems to have had lots of water on it at one time . I was thinking that would it have been possible that in one of those pass bys there was a electrical discharge from Mars to earth where the charge carried the water with it as well ? don't know , just thinking out loud .

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Yesterdays modern science is not the same as today's and I suspect that tomorrows wont look like today's . One of the things I hear repeated in the literature is that scientist are surprised . It would seem there is a group of people that believe the ancient scientist beliefs that the earth was flat .But I think they all live on the prairies . :>)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
I think I read somewhere that they have fossil records from atop of mountains with sea creatures in them .That doesn't say that they were covered with water but may suggest that they (the mountains) were below sea level . We see evidence today of underwater volcanoes rising up out of the water to form land masses that become Islands .But what of these mountains that were not volcanoes ,There must have been a great upward pressure to lift the sea floor to some of the heights we see today .Aside from the water under the earth and on it we have a great bunch frozen in ice .The antarctic has huge amounts of ice and Greenland is no small amount as well . I have wondered as well about the planet Mars and how at one time in the past it came much closer to earth .I seems to have had lots of water on it at one time . I was thinking that would it have been possible that in one of those pass bys there was a electrical discharge from Mars to earth where the charge carried the water with it as well ? don't know , just thinking out loud .

Yes, but we can explain the sea fossils on mountains by pointing to plate tectonics.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Well that's good .Now if before that process happened and the mountains were not,. then it would have taken much less water to cover the earth .Probably enough stored in the ice that is now piled up on parts of the earth .

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Plate tectonics is a theory as well as this one tasc-creationscience.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join