It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible giant buried/fossilised UFO/flying saucer???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just found this while Google earthing...

OMD will not let me upload pic!

en.m.wikipedia.org...:ASTER_Richat.jpg

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

Bad Link?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

is OP's image (from Wikipedia)

and the source article is: asterweb.jpl.nasa.gov...

Initially interpreted as a meteorite impact structure because of its high degree of circularity, it is now thought to be merely a symmetrical uplift (circular anticline) that has been laid bare by erosion.

I don't think it's a frozen UFO tho...

edit on 12-3-2014 by markymint because: Image

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

NOOOO!!!!!!!

We need valid links ppl.

~Morpheus

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Dude..... that is a mine!!

Like a mineral or precious metals mine...

~Morpheus

edit on 12-3-2014 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For real, please tell me the OP is trying to troll with this.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Thankyou! Can I just say I have completely FAILED! So hard trying to use website on new tab was evan easier on iphone! Sorry peeps,

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

This one should work.....hopefully!

ETA: Too slow again.
edit on 3/12/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MorpheusUSA

No its not a mine thats what I thought but its domed if someone please help me upload link arrrgghhh! I av failed miserably #cantwatchface

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

Yes that is it please read thankyou so much this is only my second or third thread still geting to grips

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

No I am not a troll lol

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

I wonder if skully is in there, Seriously though whatever it is and I think geological though I DO BELIEVE IN UFO, this is an amazing find and worthy of a full geological research and though I am not a geologist I would dearly like to see this explained in detail as it is amazing.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Dude, you are right. I have seen mines that look a lot like that from satellite photography. Maybe we should get some drills and excavators and crack that sucker open. Their might be alien tech in that dome rock. We can rule the world muuuhhhahahaha...

~Morpheus

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Kukri
en.m.wikipedia.org...

This one should work.....hopefully!

ETA: Too slow again.
edit on 3/12/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link. From the link...

Spectacular hydrothermal features are a part of the Richat Structure. They include the extensive hydrothermal alteration of rhyolites and gabbros and a central megabreccia created by hydrothermal dissolution and collapse. The siliceous megabreccia is at least 40 m thick in its center to only a few meters thick along its edges. The breccia consists of fragments of white to dark gray cherty material, quartz-rich sandstone, diagenetic cherty nodules, and stromatolitic limestone and is intensively silicified. The hydrothermal alteration, which created this breccia, has been dated to have occurred about 98.2 ± 2.6 million years ago using the 40Ar/39Ar method.[1][2][3]

Initially interpreted as an asteroid impact structure because of its high degree of circularity, it is now argued to be a highly symmetrical and deeply eroded geologic dome. Despite extensive field and laboratory studies, geologists have found a lack of any credible evidence for shock metamorphism or any type of deformation indicative of a hypervelocity extraterrestrial impact.[5] While coesite, an indicator of shock metamorphism, had initially been reported as being present in rock samples collected from the Richat Structure, further analysis of rock samples concluded that barite had been misidentified as coesite.[6] In addition, the Richat Structure lacks the annular depression that characterizes large extraterrestrial impact structures of this size. Also, it is quite different from large extraterrestrial impact structures in that the sedimentary strata comprising this structure is remarkably intact and "orderly" and lacking in overturned, steeply dipping strata or disoriented blocks.[1][2] A more recent multianalytical study on the Richat megabreccias concluded that carbonates within the silica-rich megabreccias were created by low-temperature hydrothermal waters, and that the structure requires special protection and further investigation of its origin.[7

I could not find the letters UFO anywhere on the page...

Des

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thanyou for youf interest

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

MorpheusUSA

Dude, you are right. I have seen mines that look a lot like that from satellite photography. Maybe we should get some drills and excavators and crack that sucker open. Their might be alien tech in that dome rock. We can rule the world muuuhhhahahaha...

~Morpheus

yes thats wwhat I want to do dig! and the end of the text in link it says further Investigation to its origon is needed

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks I should of just coppied n pasted thzt in first place lol an no its just me thats sayin UFO lol wouldn't it be something tho...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It also says "special preservation" so no there won't be any excavations. Which I for one believe is the right course of acion as it is unique.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

BoovDawg
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks I should of just coppied n pasted thzt in first place lol an no its just me thats sayin UFO lol wouldn't it be something tho...

Worry not Boov...you are learning the ropes around here. And, bringing a nice find to the table. Good job...

Des

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

So what do you think it is then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join