It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotters across Gloucester after unidentified object plummets to Earth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So my friend at work who knows me quite well sent me this link because he had seen it and finally felt he had one upped me on the scale of tracking odd phenomena as well as ufo's! I do not personally believe at all that this is a UFO but I do think that these are some of the prettiest pictures I have ever seen from a meteorite or meteor. I put that in there because there is no verifications whether it hit or not. At least I didn't see.. lol horribly lazy post and I am sorry my friends but I was too excited to show you all the beauty of what space can bring us

www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

It's a meteorite. Nice pics.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hucclecote mum Sarah-Jane Stanley was out walking in Churchdown on Sunday evening when she caught sight of a mysterious object plummeting towards earth.

Ahh Ghod Bless england ay.

edit on 12-3-2014 by fenian8 because: a missed the H

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

So it hit?!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

In one pic it looks like a meteoroid broke free and burned up if you look close enough.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It looks like an ordinary contrail from an airliner. The witness had time to take 15 photos, some a minute apart. Based on that description alone, the object was visible in the sky far too long to be a meteorite, space debris, etc., falling from orbit. I would say that it's just an airplane.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It is indeed a decaying aircraft contrail. I very much doubt that anyone in the UK Met Office (see story linked in OP) said it was an object entering the earth's atmosphere - if they did, it must have been someone with no meteorological experience or training. It's a nice sunset pic though....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Possibly a piece of debris from a past launch? We all know there is an awful lot of junk up there from our endeavours.

Also that would account for the slower speed as it probably wouldn't enter Earths atmosphere as fast as a meteor, if it had an odd shape it could catch some air resistance which could slow it further.

Lovely pictures.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
so we finally found that malaysian airplain???
No... sorry bad joke.

But however tempting the contrail theory is, as I have seen it be the explanation for "ufo"s many times before, this one looks vvvvery thick and dense... and the angle looks funny too (even tho it could be trick of the eye). I wouldn't be so sure it's a contrail.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

fenian8

Hucclecote mum Sarah-Jane Stanley was out walking in Churchdown on Sunday evening when she caught sight of a mysterious object plummeting towards earth.

Ahh Ghod Bless england ay.

edit on 12-3-2014 by fenian8 because: a missed the H

Finally there's something worth seeing in this village and I missed it.

Sundays in Churchdown remind me of Sandford. All we need is a sergeant Angel on patrol.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I recently mistook a contrail from a plane as something fallen to earth.

I think i need to get away from the computer and all of these conspiracy theories and get out more.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Shadowhawk

It looks like an ordinary contrail from an airliner.

Some examples by contrailscience.com

contrailscience.com...

top topics

join