It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building explosion leaves 2 dead, 22 injured in New York City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Watch a video and read more here:

news.yahoo.com...

A massive explosion followed by a fire at a pair of apartment buildings in upper Manhattan on Wednesday has left two people dead and at least 22 injured, officials say.

Two of the injured are hospitalized with life-threatening injuries, according to FDNY. Five others are in serious condition, but with non-life-threatening injuries, the fire department said. Fifteen others suffered minor injuries.

Rescuers are currently combing through bricks by hand in an effort to locate other possible victims. More than a dozen people are reportedly unaccounted for.

“There are a number of people missing,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said at a news conference. “I emphasize that those who are missing could well be safe in another location and just not contacted yet or reachable yet.”

The FDNY said it received a call shortly after 9:30 a.m. reporting a large explosion in the five-story apartment building on Park Avenue near 116th Street in East Harlem.

The blast shattered windows and caused walls to crumble several blocks away. Residents reported they feared it was a terrorist attack. One man was so scared he rushed out of his home wearing nothing but his underwear.

Reports state the blast was caused by a gas leak. Could this be the work of terrorists, or just an ordinary accident?

See more photos here:

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 3/12/2014 by sled735 because: add pic

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Could this be the work of terrorists, or just an ordinary accident?
reply to post by sled735

Nope...not terrorists...just a gas leak. A big one at that. Clearly.

One man was so scared he rushed out of his home wearing nothing but his underwear

You might as well just say he came out with nothing....my guess is those underwear were due for a change.

edit on 12-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm going to go with accident. II feel bad for those people, but accidents like this happen all the time.

It also took place in Harlem, if I remember correctly, which, despite what they call gentrification, is still pretty run down and ghetto in a lot of places. It's likely that it was merely an accident waiting to happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Finally someone posted this event

Although, its just a gas leak, nothing to see here... RIP to the 2 killed (unless its a conspiracy over who died?)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : Here

top topics

join