It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheila Jackson Lee Thinks the Constitution is 400 Years Old

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Where's Osama Potus to shake her hand and give her a medal, till next week. Sick

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by xuenchen

i realize she has some funny views, but she is black..all you white people look the same to her

we can agree to disagree Xu thats why the just sayin in my post
that was the first white settlement in the us...this time around

im sure she knows the basic dates...constitution week and all

To encourage all Americans to learn more about the Constitution, Congress in 1956 established Constitution Week, to begin each year on September 17th, the date in 1787 when delegates to the Convention signed the Constitution. In 2004, Senator Robert C. Byrd of West Virginia included key provisions in the Consolidated Appropriations Act of Fiscal Year 2005 designating September 17th of each year as Constitution Day and requiring public schools and governmental offices to provide educational programs to promote a better understanding of the Constitution.
www.senate.gov...

i wonder how many american actually know the date and year without googling

It figures Sen. BYRD helped start constitution day, he was there for the signing of it, wasn't he?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Of course she does. She's a product of her environment like most public school educated adults. This is what happens when people attempt to rewrite history.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

greencmp
Oh my god.

Incompetence must be a disqualifying factor for our legislators, she should step down.

Oh boy. Is it really only our leaders that should just up and quit for saying something stupid? Does this one instance prove total incompetence? Can any one of us say that we could just walk onto the floor of the house, start penning bills and giving speeches, and never make a mistake, never say anything dumb?

You know what? We all say stupid things. Not any one of us knows everything and does everything perfectly. So here's the deal. If this lady has to just quit for saying something stupid, why don't we all just quit? I mean, there's no point in trying harder if we're just going to make some little stupid mistake one day, and someone on the internet calls for our resignation for it.

I just feel embarrassed for the poor lady. History is HARD!
edit on 13-3-2014 by Mon1k3r because: Sorry greencmp, not harpin' on ya - just took me back to another conversation I had recently, and I rehashed it here...

This is far from the most asinine thing she has ever said and yes, for being a congresswoman and not knowing how old our constitution is implies that she has no knowledge of its contents or purpose, she should step down.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There is a reason politicians should read from notes. Researched and factual notes! LOL I did with my speeches in years past. I would type out bullet points. Is that too much to ask?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

xuenchen
U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D. Texas) actually referred to the U.S. Constitution being 400 years old on the floor of the House !!!!

I really have no doubt at all that this was NOT a mistake.

I bet she might think this is true and correct.

This week's "Blue Ribbon" award.....

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D., Texas) declared the U.S. Constitution to be 400 years old Wednesday on the House floor, which would mean it was signed in 1614.

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not,” she said.

FAIL: Democrat Claims Constitution is 400 Years Old

And 83% of Republicans think the Earth is 6000 lol

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

xuenchen
U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D. Texas) actually referred to the U.S. Constitution being 400 years old on the floor of the House !!!!

I really have no doubt at all that this was NOT a mistake.

I bet she might think this is true and correct.

This week's "Blue Ribbon" award.....

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D., Texas) declared the U.S. Constitution to be 400 years old Wednesday on the House floor, which would mean it was signed in 1614.

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not,” she said.

FAIL: Democrat Claims Constitution is 400 Years Old

And 83% of Republicans think the Earth is 6000 lol

Well yes, there is that. In that context, she didn't fail all that much! LOL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join