It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheila Jackson Lee Thinks the Constitution is 400 Years Old

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D. Texas) actually referred to the U.S. Constitution being 400 years old on the floor of the House !!!!

I really have no doubt at all that this was NOT a mistake.

I bet she might think this is true and correct.

This week's "Blue Ribbon" award.....

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D., Texas) declared the U.S. Constitution to be 400 years old Wednesday on the House floor, which would mean it was signed in 1614.

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not,” she said.

Sheila Jackson Lee Thinks the Constitution is 400 Years Old

FAIL: Democrat Claims Constitution is 400 Years Old

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh my god.

Incompetence must be a disqualifying factor for our legislators, she should step down.
edit on 12-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dam you American should at least vote people into office that know your own history

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
She also thought we were going to drive our Mars rovers past the flag, too.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

crazyewok
Dam you American should at least vote people into office that know your own history

She represents the people of her district. To be sure, if I lived there, she would not have my vote.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That's what the clerk told her when she bought George Washington's coat.

This woman is a disgrace...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Whats truly sad is that she has made many other statements like that and has gotten reelected.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

40% of US citizens failed to correctly identify the year of the so-called "9/11 attacks".

We will never forget....

The Texas Rep. is probably representative of her constituency. Hell, they think the Earth is 5000 years old and Noah fit two of everything on the arc.

How do you judge competency to govern in that context?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

As an American, I'll agree... lol; our system is so corrupt, and by saying that i mean we American's no longer have a say as to who is elected. We are only given a choice between certain politicians, we have to pick whoever we think will do the best job or don't vote at all; we no longer have a people's choice in an election.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well math is hard for some people
Hell I can't even pick on TX schools...they ranked 12th last year. But maybe not all of them are that grreat?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I seriously hope this was just a misspoken statement.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

The Texas Rep. is probably representative of her constituency. Hell, they think the Earth is 5000 years old and Noah fit two of everything on the arc.

How do you judge competency to govern in that context?

So, inner city Democrats are ignorant is what you're saying?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What in the world...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Beach Bum
I seriously hope this was just a misspoken statement.

It probably was.

I'd probably misspeak a lot in front of that scary bunch. Ha.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You can blame it all on King James I now.

Poor old George III needs a break

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

She gives stupid people a bad name.

The Union of Consolidated Idiots have revoked her membership.

Planet Moron called. They want their Queen back.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

crazyewok

The problem is that the ones that have been voted into office and know our history very well, have not been any better. As matter of fact I'm more worried about the ones that look competent.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
to all you american types that are putting this gal down its YOU who don't know your own history and it seems you don't quite know how to read...

seems to me she is referring to the early history of the us and she is referring to the time under the constitution as not exactly the same as the time the whites arrived and first stayed

your history lesson

First Dutch Settlers

The first group of Dutch settlers did not stay for long on the new continent and they can hardly becalled settlers. It had not been their choice to stay there: their ship, the Tyger (tiger) had caught fire sailing on the Hudson. Captain Adriaen Block was commanding one of the ships that came looking for trade on the American coast in the years after Hudson's voyage. They bartered beads and knives for furs from the natives. When Block came in the winter of 1613-1614 he lost his ship in a fire and had to spend the winter in America. He let his crew build a couple of huts and then they began building a sloop, the Onrust (unrest). In the spring Block and his men did some explorations along the coast of Long Island (Het Lange Eiland). Block Island still bears his name. Finally they were sighted by another Dutch ship and Block and his crew were off again.

www.let.rug.nl...

now don't you feel silly?

lol...just sayin

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago09 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago41 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago01 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Danbones
to all you american types that are putting this gal down its YOU who don't know your own history and it seems you don't quite know how to read...

seems to me she is referring to the early history of the us and she is referring to the time under the constitution as not exactly the same as the time the whites arrived and first stayed

your history lesson

First Dutch Settlers

The first group of Dutch settlers did not stay for long on the new continent and they can hardly becalled settlers. It had not been their choice to stay there: their ship, the Tyger (tiger) had caught fire sailing on the Hudson. Captain Adriaen Block was commanding one of the ships that came looking for trade on the American coast in the years after Hudson's voyage. They bartered beads and knives for furs from the natives. When Block came in the winter of 1613-1614 he lost his ship in a fire and had to spend the winter in America. He let his crew build a couple of huts and then they began building a sloop, the Onrust (unrest). In the spring Block and his men did some explorations along the coast of Long Island (Het Lange Eiland). Block Island still bears his name. Finally they were sighted by another Dutch ship and Block and his crew were off again.

www.let.rug.nl...

now don't you feel silly?

lol...just sayin

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago09 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago41 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago01 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Nope. Not at all.

She's an idiot.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years,
COMMA

operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not,” she said.

she had the date right

judging her so baddly when you could be wrong is so un american...i mean take iraq...
oh wait...silly me
edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago50 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago45 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago44 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join