It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your question wasnt answered? Here's why...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

missvicky

SecretKnowledge
reply to post by missvicky

if you click on the "reply to post by missvicky" at the top of this post it will bring you to your post.
So during the AMA do the same and you will be brought back to the question that was asked...
edit on 13/3/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

I have done that with these AMA threads. It's also just as easy to hit the quote button as it is the reply button as I have done here. Helps to give a very busy thread some continuity.

Sure it does, Vicky. We here all know that. We're old hands at forum etiquette and able to manipulate the forum software to do just that. How very smart and skilled we are! But here comes Friedman who isn't really familiar with ATS or even forums in general. But he sees there's a button labeled "Reply" at the top of every post and he figures that's what you're supposed to use to, you know, "reply" so he does. He doesn't want to quote you because he just read it. Why would he want to quote you? And maybe he even tested it out and found that of you click on the highlighted name, voila! You return to the post he is replying to. Now isn't that cool? And he figures you are smart enough to use it, if you want to, and that covers the issue well enough. He didn't realize you wanted to be spoon-fed so you didn't have to work too hard.

But nooooooooo! That's not good enough for the denizens of ATS. They don't want just a "reply" that actually leads them back to the original question. They want Friedman to do their work for them and "use quotes properly!" Not only that, they want every question they can dream up, even the repetitive ones that ask the same question for the third time, to be answered within 90 minutes tops or there will be hell to pay! And they'll wrote an essay explaining their own personal philosophy (which no one at all cares about), ask multiple questions, and generally show they haven't even read the thread. I saw one case where a guy replied to Friedman's opening post with a question Friedman had answered in the very same opening post! And to top it off, they sport a superior attitude because, after all, they read a book or two on UFOs, have poked around on ATS, and figure they know ALL the answers anyway. If Friedman doesn't answer the way THEY THINK he should answer, well, it "speaks volumes" and proves he's a CIA plant.

If I were Friedman I would conclude that this ATS crowd is unruly, selfish, ignorant beyond belief, full of themselves, can't follow simple directions, rude, and not worth talking to. I'd tell them to go to hell. Why bother with these idiots? They think they know all the answers already. That's why everyone else listens to what they have to say.

Oh, wait......
edit on 3/13/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

So this is weird, I saw a thread pop up basically summarizing the Friedman CF thread. Titled "Stan Friedman AMA aggregation" It was a nicely done organized 2 post summery of the AMA so you didn't have to fumble through 18 pages to hear his take on the galactic counsel.

I replied with my usual gripes and it was 404ed instantly. The whole thread. gone. No explanation. Nothing. I took a screen shot of my history to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

I am at a loss.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

schuyler

999zxcv
i just got a blank reply back from stan when i asked him about the events over washinton in 52

why did he even bother maybe he was pissed i said from one former busboy to another

who friggin knows

I saw that exchange and figured Friedman DID answer, but he lost it and thought it went through. He's obviously not familiar with the format, or of typing, or of forum mechanics such as quoting. I wouldn't take that one personally. I think he just screwed up and didn't know it.

i did wonder at that i was worried i had over stepped the line with busboy but it is one thing we share in common at least .

that is why i added a Forrest Gump quote to it to see if he would pick it up but the mods pulled it quickly

but i did thank him for giving his time to this site and do not dwell on not getting my question answered

but i do hope he did not take my humor the wrong way and think i was being cheeky

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Mine was answered in the 1st 3 hours of the thread going up. My question was short and to the point, and one that was hopefully wanting to be asked by a majority of interested members. It must have been, because Mr. Freidman answered it.

I had realized going in that I should respect his stature, his time, standing in the UFO-Paranormal community, and not ramble, and keep things to the point. I think my question took 4 lines. Some others had posted 4 PARAGRAPHS!

And to be fair...it wasnt implied or promised he WILL answer our questions. Choosing pertinent ones he thought would benefit us as a majority, Im still sure he at least READ each one.

I am very greatful he took the time to answer me. Quite the highlight for me!

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: splck

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Are you tawkin' 'bout this?:

Welcome, sir. Happy to have you with us to respond.

Im of the opinion that to think there will be...or even IS a need to be...any kind of disclosure...is to deny the vast abundance of positive evidence.

I believe they are here and have always been here, and they are not here to get any minerals( millions of other and better universes out there)..they don't need to enslave us, breed with us...or eat us.

To suppose any of that is false...is to deny the overwhelming advancement that would have to have involving their abilities to interstellar-dimensional travel, evidence and history.

I don't see the world get together, arms around each other saying "Yep! That's right! They are HERE"...once and for all. Do you?

Your thoughts sir? And thank you for all the work you've done and continue to do.

It was a feeb and totally unvalidated softball pitched to an old feller with an obviously foregone conclusion. Wasn't that "short and sweet" either. You really think that was a piercing question...or just fishing for mutually satisfying conjecture in an overstocked pond? Sheesh.

edit on 13-3-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I didnt think mine was an interesting question, nor did I dream it would get an answer. After greetings and brief intro to it, my question was a one liner about 5 sentences down...as I estimated...and ended with the showstopper "Do YOU???".

And he answered. Period. Who'd a thought? I was only speculating here as to the reason some questions may or may not have been selected.

Thanks for the reply....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

schuyler

missvicky

SecretKnowledge

if you click on the "reply to post by missvicky" at the top of this post it will bring you to your post.
So during the AMA do the same and you will be brought back to the question that was asked...
edit on 13/3/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

I have done that with these AMA threads. It's also just as easy to hit the quote button as it is the reply button as I have done here. Helps to give a very busy thread some continuity.

Sure it does, Vicky. We here all know that. We're old hands at forum etiquette and able to manipulate the forum software to do just that. How very smart and skilled we are! But here comes Friedman who isn't really familiar with ATS or even forums in general. But he sees there's a button labeled "Reply" at the top of every post and he figures that's what you're supposed to use to, you know, "reply" so he does. He doesn't want to quote you because he just read it. Why would he want to quote you? And maybe he even tested it out and found that of you click on the highlighted name, voila! You return to the post he is replying to. Now isn't that cool? And he figures you are smart enough to use it, if you want to, and that covers the issue well enough. He didn't realize you wanted to be spoon-fed so you didn't have to work too hard.

But nooooooooo! That's not good enough for the denizens of ATS. They don't want just a "reply" that actually leads them back to the original question. They want Friedman to do their work for them and "use quotes properly!" Not only that, they want every question they can dream up, even the repetitive ones that ask the same question for the third time, to be answered within 90 minutes tops or there will be hell to pay! And they'll wrote an essay explaining their own personal philosophy (which no one at all cares about), ask multiple questions, and generally show they haven't even read the thread. I saw one case where a guy replied to Friedman's opening post with a question Friedman had answered in the very same opening post! And to top it off, they sport a superior attitude because, after all, they read a book or two on UFOs, have poked around on ATS, and figure they know ALL the answers anyway. If Friedman doesn't answer the way THEY THINK he should answer, well, it "speaks volumes" and proves he's a CIA plant.

If I were Friedman I would conclude that this ATS crowd is unruly, selfish, ignorant beyond belief, full of themselves, can't follow simple directions, rude, and not worth talking to. I'd tell them to go to hell. Why bother with these idiots? They think they know all the answers already. That's why everyone else listens to what they have to say.

Oh, wait......
edit on 3/13/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Really? Did you just really say this to me? Look, an AMA gig is not much different than a speaking engagement. The speaker will be in control of the house and will do his/her best to line it out in an easy to understand (and buy into) format. There is absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER that the owners cannot coach their AMA hosts/guest speakers to reply with the quote button. That is an easy fix and the suggestion to do so does not imply in anyway at all that ATS'ers are lazy ignoramuses who need their diapers changed every 10 minutes. My suggestion is a practical solution to a consistent problem with the AMA threads, which I believe would result in a more satisfying experience on both sides.
However the suggestion from several people that the mods remove posts that don't follow the rules does imply that ATS'ers in this case did actually act like they are lazy selfish ignoramuses who need their diapers changed every 10 minutes. It was like the ice cream truck landed in your front yard and 1500 kids are screaming "Me first!" The suggestion for AMA to reply with the quote button will not solve that. However, it is a measure of the need for ownership that the site owners need to take with these threads....on both counts.
edit on 14-3-2014 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Did you just really say this to me?

oh yes he did!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian

Did you just really say this to me?

oh yes he did!

Thank you for that validation.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by schuyler

So this is weird, I saw a thread pop up basically summarizing the Friedman CF thread. Titled "Stan Friedman AMA aggregation" It was a nicely done organized 2 post summery of the AMA so you didn't have to fumble through 18 pages to hear his take on the galactic counsel.

I replied with my usual gripes and it was 404ed instantly. The whole thread. gone. No explanation. Nothing. I took a screen shot of my history to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

I am at a loss.

I saw it too. Very well done. Too bad it's gone now.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I was just stoked he showed up. I also figured that any question I would've ask, you good people would've had it covered. Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Did anyone really learn anything they didn't already know? Did anyone receive any kind of enlightenment? I don't think so.

Also, you won't see him again, unless he brings out a new book of course. I know I sound cynical but I would have just liked for him to have posted for the good of the readers and from the goodness of his heart, not to tout his books, I just feel publicity was the 'only' reason he participated. Some people here were grovelling and expressing their gratitude at him posting but it's him who should expressing his gratitude to the public who buys his books.

Galactic Federation my arse.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The only thing more asinine than asking Friedman anything, is the delusions of grandeur the OP seems to have about it. Christ...if you wanna talk to Friedman, the dude makes the rounds of all the "alternative" talk shows there are...call in!

I hate that ATS coddles these wannabe has-beens-but-never-really-were-self-proclaimed-gurus-of-little-green-men. They bring the trash with them to this site...which can be seen by the threads here getting more and more idiotic every day.

How quickly this place has went the way of GL_

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Miniscuzz
The only thing more asinine than asking Friedman anything, is the delusions of grandeur the OP seems to have about it. Christ...if you wanna talk to Friedman, the dude makes the rounds of all the "alternative" talk shows there are...call in!

I hate that ATS coddles these wannabe has-beens-but-never-really-were-self-proclaimed-gurus-of-little-green-men. They bring the trash with them to this site...which can be seen by the threads here getting more and more idiotic every day.

How quickly this place has went the way of GL_

You've only been a member since last December. ATS used to be much better than this.

Stan's AMA thread turned to crap very quickly. Either people didn't bother to read what Springer asked or they took it upon themselves to ignore it and purposely post multiple questions to cause a CF. It also didn't help at all once little jimmy oberg came in and started name dropping and plastering his site everywhere. It was fun to watch him get completely owned by Stan though. Hilarious.

Funny how oberg keeps trolling others and plastering his site and nothing happens to him, but others are warned or sometimes banned for the exact same thing he does here daily.

It's that type of BS that has made this site a complete joke the last few years and why I rarely post anymore.

Some of these AMA threads come off as being purposely done just to make the OP's look bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

It was fun to watch him get completely owned by Stan though. Hilarious.

RIGHT!? were you high?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

nightmare_david
It also didn't help at all once little jimmy oberg came in and started name dropping and plastering his site everywhere. It was fun to watch him get completely owned by Stan though. Hilarious.

Funny how oberg keeps trolling others and plastering his site and nothing happens to him, but others are warned or sometimes banned for the exact same thing he does here daily.

Maybe I missed a few posts because I thought Oberg raised a valid point and SF sidestepped in response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join