It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Is POTUS Because He Used "Optical Illusions" To Hide He's Actually An "Angry Black Man"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM

Why is it necessary to point out race? Why not just say he was angry and be done with it. Is the anger that blacks have any different than any other race?

Normally race wouldn't enter into it. But the anger being displayed is racial at it's core. And the racial anger shows up in policies and statements coming from the Oval Office. So why not call it what it is, and what Obama himself showed it to be in his books? In his books he showed himself to be a man who is black and who is angry. His choice of a 'black liberation theology' cult for 20 years shows the same. His policies and statements from the Oval Office have reflected this. So why not say it?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM

Is the anger that blacks have any different than any other race?

Go ask the 0bama backed race pimps Jackson and Sharpton.

Maybe 0bama's pastor???

edit on 12-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You would NEVER hear such language used if it was a white POTUS

Sure we would, we heard it ALL the time. Just replace "Angry" with "Rich". You know, that "Rich white President". Those "rich white guys" who are ALL racist and run the world while oppressing all minorities?

ETA- Another common term was "Old white guy". We still hear it all the time.

edit on 12-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
reply to post by FlyersFan

I still have to ask - is it wrong to call someone out for being an 'angry black man' if that's what they are and their actions in office mirror that '?

I think in a culture that uses race as a political weapon, yes it is wrong to use that kind of language to further your agenda.

It may be PC in a way, but we often fail to realize the power of language.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
Can't help but ask...

If Obama is racist, whom is he racist towards? How has his racism helped the people he identify with?

What exactly has he done for BLACK people to indicate he is racist? What has he given black people? Or perhaps the feeling is he's racist towards black people? What has he specifically done for white people?

How are his racist or angry views manifesting?

I bet no one can answer these...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM

I've never read the books. I assumed they were just Obama talking about how grand he was.

Oprah Book Club stickers tend to make me run for the hills.

Let me give you some samples. These are all verifiable as being from the text, with links in the article.

Pages 99-101 of the book are particularly informative because Barack Obama talks very explicitly of his racial identity politics. He identifies very clearly as an African-American as opposed to a melting pot American, which makes him totally unqualified to be president for Americans of all races and ethnicities. He begins by talking about "problems" with a classmate of multiracial (Caucasian, Native American, and African-American) ancestry, and then talks about showing one's loyalty to "the black masses."

'That was the problem with people like Joyce. They talked about the richness of their multicultural heritage and it sounded real good, until you noticed that they avoided black people. ... To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.

... But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

Talking about racial loyalty:

'[Questions as to the adequacy of Black identity politics that suppressed anger toward white people, or that "failed to elevate race loyalty above all else"] contradicted the morality my mother had taught me, a morality of subtle distinctions-between individuals of goodwill and those who wished me ill, between active malice and ignorance or indifference. ... Desperate times called for desperate measures, and for many blacks, times were chronically desperate. If nationalism could create a strong and effective insularity, deliver on its promise of self-respect, then the hurt it might cause well-meaning whites, or the inner turmoil it caused people like me, would be of little consequence.'

Barack Obama's problems with Black Nationalism therefore related only to its effectiveness, as opposed to its rightness or morality. His next question to Rafiq was incidentally as to whether the latter could turn out his followers "if a public showdown with the city became necessary." This seems to place the current occupant of the White House at exactly the same moral and intellectual level as, for example, the Stormfront White Nationalist Community: another racial identity organization that assigns more importance to the color of a person's skin than to the content of his or her character.

And let's not forget whom he married and who she feels about race, too. Her thesis was disturbing in the same way as Obama's books.

On page 2 of this thesis, as hosted on Politico, she makes it unequivocally clear that she is now first lady for only one segment of American society; emphasis is ours.

'Earlier in my college career, there was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the Black community I was somehow obligated to this community and would use all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost. My experiences at Princeton have made me more aware of my "Blackness" than ever before.'

The context of this statement is Ms. Obama's belief that some members of the Princeton community may have treated her differently because of her race, and she might well have been right; there are plenty of racists around. She also, however, expressed concerns about assimilation into "a White cultural and social structure," which is an attitude consistent with the views her husband expressed in Dreams from My Father.

But it shouldn't surprise you that Oprah would put a sticker on Dreams From My Father as a selection; she is the one who got mad at a store clerk for not showing her a purse.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:51 PM
What I hear D'Souza saying in that comment is that any American who supported Obama is of reduced intelligence or perception.

You see, we can no longer simply have differences of opinion in this country. One side or the other has to be mentally deficient.

One is either for us or against us. If you support the government, or at least, the traditional theories of government, well, you automatically "support the nanny state."

There is no gradation, nor reference to reality, nor any listening to another's position: we have to decide if you're right or left.

We don't acknowledge any longer that there are equally valid but different ideas about the solutions to our problems.

And we certainly can't agree on the governance of the country while we're preoccupied 24/7 with the unending media circus offering insipid rote dialogue that we each repeat based on our particular political stripe.

And that's "both sides against the middle."

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:00 PM
why don't you just call him.....

an angry black,pinko,commie,bast@#d.....this way you cover all angles.

you can only be accused of using colourful language.

just like a rainbow....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM

Is the anger that blacks have any different than any other race?

Go ask the 0bama backed race pimps Jackson and Sharpton.

Maybe 0bama's pastor???

edit on 12-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

Point out how their anger is any different than any other race. It wouldn't be that when a black person gets mad ignorant whites start pissing their pants? Perhaps someone should remind blacks of their place in American society seeing how their emotional state sets them apart from other races.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM

SIGH. first black president?

Obama is possibly the first Mulatto president. Being 1/2 white & 1/2 black.

Do people forget his mom is from Kansas?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:15 PM
it is said, a man is known by the company that he keeps. and this man is /was his pastor/ spiritual mentor.
who had this much influnce in the mans life.

Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."
Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11

seems to me he's was a big part of obuma's life.

these next two quotes come from the same article.

n addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism. "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001. "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.

I wouldn't call it radical. I call it being black in America," said one congregation member outside the church last Sunday.

"He has impacted the life of Barack Obama so much so that he wants to portray that feeling he got from Rev. Wright onto the country because we all need something positive," said another member of the congregation.

and here is obuma, talking out of both sides of his mouth, same article. in defense of him i might add.

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family

a crazy old uncle hunh?

Obama has praised at least one aspect of Rev. Wright's approach, referring to his "social gospel" and his focus on Africa, "and I agree with him on that."

doesn't agree with him, he does agree with him, he's been involved in important parts of his life. and is credited will naming one of his books.

i don't know about you but if somebody that i knew as well as obama knows this man and didn't agree or feel the same way as he did, there would be no more get to gathers, dinner party's or any more spiritual counseling done with or by this man.

i'm not going to go into the other people that he has had dealings with, becuase the sources leave a lot more to be desired than msm's. although some of them do.... well never mind you get my drift.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
reply to post by Gryphon66

No, that's your own baggage. There are plenty of people who agree with the ideology of the "angry black man" from all racial viewpoints. Look at Father Pfleger who would feel at home in Obama's church of 20 years.

“Let’s finally have the discussion on race and racial profiling because racism is in the DNA of America,” Pfleger continued.

I hear that he's concerned about the genocide of black and brown children. I wonder if he's concerned about the massive disparity of numbers in abortions between whites and blacks or if he's talking about kids killed by gun violence? I think we know given what kind of rally this is, and he's not concerned about all children, just black and brown ones ...

And notice, too, how he doesn't call out blacks or browns for their violence against each other? He just calls out Stand Your Ground laws which had nothing to do with Trayvon Martin at all and weren't even referenced ... nevermind that the biggest killers of black and brown children are other black and brown children.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:23 PM
reply to post by buster2010

I don't mind that he's mad. I do mind when he's mad and using it to attempt to punish people. That's not what he was elected to do.

Wouldn't you have a problem if a white man was elected and decided to abuse his office to take out his racial issues?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM

Exactly... it was never Bush is an "Angry white man" or whatever.
People attacked Bush for many things and attack many other Leaders and politicians for many things, but very rarely race.
Race is only brought into it when it's Obama really....the amount of "angry black man" "he's just doing it for the black vote" and all manner of other things like that is always used now.
I remember people saying all manner of things about Bush, but very few (bar maybe Kanye West" and a couple of others) ever claimed bush was "angry white mate" or a "white war-monger"

It seems the right (if we have to give everyone labels) can barely refer to Obama without mentioning his race.

But they're not racist, oh no... heaven forbid... I mean he's not even black, what with his white mom, how can they be racist?

I'd criticise Obama because he's a hypocrite and has increased drone strikes and signed away freedoms and many, many other things... but his race wont even cross my mind.... well until someone tries to attack him because of it or blame his race for his attitude or anger.

edit on 12/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM

I remember people saying all manner of things about Bush, but very few (bar maybe Kanye West" and a couple of others) ever claimed bush was "angry white mate" or a "white war-monger"

I take it you haven't ever watched MSNBC. It was inferred all the time. According to them ... GOP = The 'Old White Guy' party. They literally say it.

It seems the right (if we have to give everyone labels) can barely refer to Obama without mentioning his race.

WOW ... major exaggeration.

ETA ... oh I forgot, don't you live in the UK?
That would explain why you are wrong don't really know what is in our news and what isn't.

edit on 3/12/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:46 PM
reply to post by ketsuko

I can appreciate that you're merely evangelizing and that responding to my post was merely a jumping off point, but what does any of what you said have to do with the topic at hand, to wit, what D'Souza said about Obama or what I said for that matter?

We could pull any number of people's comments into the thread that directly or obliquely address the issue of race, from the last 100 years or so.

Here, you've chosen one extremist view from an emotional protest and ... apparently ... you're holding that up as an example of the standard viewpoint for anyone who sees that there are racial tensions that remain in this country that we should address?

Seems to me that you agree that racial tensions still exist, you merely disagree with the priest about the source and perhaps the target.

edit on 18Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:13:35 -050014p062014366 by Gryphon66 because: Yep.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:06 AM

Don't really see an Irish version, or American Indian version of Sharpton or Jackson running around doing what they do.

So........the whole anger thing is about as old as the dead horse being beaten upon for 0bama's birth certificate.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:08 AM
reply to post by blupblup

Nah, they just referred to them as "rich white men".

No racist undertones there at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:46 PM

Sayng the words 'Angry Black Man' invokes racism in people. They could have said 'Angry man", but no he focused specifically on the fact that he was black as is shown in his comment:

“(T)he American people, in a sense, fell for an optical illusion. The American people were scared that our first black president would be, in a sense, you may say an angry black man, some sort of a radical.”

You would NEVER hear such language used if it was a white POTUS. It also would have an entirely different effect on people.

Race is still an issue in the US for both parties.

The only way to stop it, is to stop participating in it.

edit on 3/12/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Referring to Republicans as Angry Old White Men? Yeah... Now that's just being fair-minded and compassionate. I loved the affectionate reference to us in fly-over country as "clinging to our religion and guns'.

The day is approaching when those that have defended the man won't be surprised that their loyalty wasn't rewarded. They'll just be longing for the extra large tube of Prep-H.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM

We don't need to call him a racist but, D'Souza is ...not even sure if there's a word for him...intellectually dishonest is one description I would use. There are a few more I'm sure. Asshat would be another good one.

edit on 17-3-2014 by moresco because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>