Satan: Humanity's Hero

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by undo

it's a bunch of intergalactic scientists, repopulating the earth from a previous cataclsym
Who exactly do you think wrote the Bible?
Let me inform you on this.
It was a bunch of people connected to a temple in Jerusalem.
Why on earth they would be talking about anything else is beyond me.
What was in it for them to write about some totally unrelated subject?

Let me inform you. Most of the books in the bible were written with no affiliation with the Temple in Jerusalem at all.

There is so much bad information on these type threads as to make the head spin.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Most of the books in the bible were written with no affiliation with the Temple in Jerusalem at all.
Could you be so kind as to list the names of a few of those Bible books that have nothing to do with the Jerusalem temple?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Jesuslives4u

UltraverseMaximus
Anyone seen Jim Jefferies stand up comedy on religion?
He raises some valid points but the thing people should realise is, The devil never brought out a book, God brought out a book like he had something to try and prove to everyone. If you ask Jim, the devil was being a bigger man letting god talk crap about him lol

Also Jim Jefferies also stated he is a depressed alcoholic. He battles depression and drink. I don't think Jefferies has any answers when examining right from wrong.

What does suffering from depression and being an alcoholic have to do with how credible and true your words are? Do you think that people with depression or alcoholics can't make intelligent observations about things? I hope you don't think that depression is caused because someone is a sinner. That is just silly and stupid, so I'd like to assume you don't think that way. So please explain yourself here. Elaborate on your point more.

Hello,

I saw Jefferies stand up act when he spoke of his depression and alcoholism and he came very close to crying and he was not acting.......I believe he was reaching out as if he almost forgot he was on stage doing comedy. I could see he was lost at "that moment". He admitted on stage to depression and alcoholism. One of the first signs for seeking out help. Do you agree?

Of course people who are depressed or an alcoholic can make intelligent comments and have intelligent thoughts but not when they are drunk or when having an anxiety attack.

When you live in a constant state of anxiety, most of life passes you by because you are physically, emotionally and mentally unable to focus on the fear or the depression that is swallowing you.

Anxiety and depression is not something a person is born with. The spirit of anxiety, the spirit of depression, and the spirit of alcoholism is real and many have been healed from these types of attacks without medication.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Cuervo

Logarock
Satan was clearly jealous and hateful toward Job, couldn't get at Job because he was protected.

"Protected"? Really?! I'm pretty sure Job was "got at".

God told Satan he could have at it with Job but he was not allowed to kill him. So basically Job was protected.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

The crib of humour and comedy is sadness and dispear. Thus many comedians are bi-polar and suffer from depression and similar. Slavery and war yields comedy. The wittier a person is, the more he has probably suffered. Kinda ironic, but true.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

AfterInfinity

Krazysh0t

AfterInfinity

Krazysh0t
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The poster said that Jefferies is a bad source for what is right and wrong. Since when do professionals and doctors determine what is right and wrong? The way the OP's post reads to me, is that he is judging the comedian poorly because he has depression and is an alcoholic.

Neither of which are known to promote clarity of thought.
edit on 13-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

So by your account people who suffer through alcoholism and depression NEVER have clear thoughts? They are always sitting in murky land?

Is that what I said? No. I said alcoholism and depression are not helpful. Try not to misunderstand now.
edit on 13-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I know what you said, I quoted it. You said that depression and alcoholism don't promote clarity of thought, which is true. But that being true doesn't mean that these people never have clear thoughts. So that is why I asked you if you thought that these people never have clear thoughts. If these people can have clear thoughts and say things that are intelligent and thoughtful, then the poster I originally quoted's point was complete hogwash.

ETA: To be honest, I'm kind of surprised that you are even defending the poster. The poster is pro-religion.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I assume you are talking about me? I am not pro-religion. LOL

I do not believe in religion. I believe in God. So in the future just say something like: I'm kind of surprised that you are defending the poster because he believes in God.

That would be a better way to identify with me because I hate religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Rex282
reply to post by QueenofSpades

I suggest make it fictional because satan as an entity or person does not exist."The fact about satan is it means an adversary.It is NOT a proper name of a person or enity.It is an adjective used as a metaphor.The same goes for lucifer(which word is only ONE time in all of the scripture) .Devil and demon come from the Greek diabolo which means to throw through a channel.These words have been twisted then intertwined to create beings(devils ,demons) and Satan/Lucifer was crowned king.

The book of Job is used as a proof text however it is an allegory.Job is a fictional character. He has no scriptural genealogy. Yahoshuas and the apostles mention of satan is equally metaphoric.There was not an "entity" that was trying to seduce Yahoshua while he fasted in the desert.If it was then it was Simon Peter because he called Simon Peter satan(an adversary).

Satan is not an entity nor the "God of this world".There is not a "war" between satan and the creator God for the "hearts and souls" of humans.The only war that is going on is between mans ears...in their religious carnal mind "thrown through" the Belief System of THEIR religion.That is the adversary..and IT has conquered many men.

When looking through the Gospels we often see Jesus expelling out evil spirits from men, women and children and healing the sick. Why one time Jesus sent over 72 disciples out to preach, heal and expel evil spirits and they all came back rejoicing that simply the name of Jesus drove these entities out of the human. Numerous stories throughout the New Testament and even after Jesus left and ascended to heaven the practices continued.

Sadly today these practices are hardly heard of. (Lets forget the wannabe TV preachers) Though the practice of a delivery ministry is still successfully ongoing, the press no longer wants to publicize the miracles being done around the world. Including medical institutions in their attempts to "explain away" the sickness or illness because they can not explain it themselves. Some even deny the patient was sick.

I see there are many good researchers and investigators on ATS and I challenge everyone of them to attend a delivery ministry and to observe what happens and then come back and tell us your story.

Satan and his fallen ones are alive and well.........at least for the time being.

God bless

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

CynConcepts
Wow! Finally made it through all of these postings. I have to admit I always had questions regarding how deceptive Satan was in the original genesis story. I mean after first man tasted of the fruit of knowledge, it wasn't Satan who had doomed Mankind. As a matter of fact, God/s seemed quite worried that if they ate of the tree of life too, Adam and Eve would be gods, the same as them!

Why would a loving God throw his beloved creations out of the garden to ensure they do not ever partake of the tree of life? Certainly, the vanity falls upon God. Satan said you will not die and can be as Gods. This apparently would have been true, if they were able to partake of that tree that God guarded so desperately. Who is the greater deceiver, indeed?
edit on 3 14 2014 by CynConcepts because: Spelling correction

Edit add: Also, didn't God not state something similar regarding the tower of Babel times? If he is such a great God, why does he exert such fears of mankind?
edit on 3 14 2014 by CynConcepts because: Addtl clarification

Do not take offense - this is for all of us:

Just asking, do you have children?

How many times do you warn your child to behave and stop doing that before you become anger with them?

have you ever punished your child?

Did you see the recent article of a young girl in U.S. who sued her parents for school support? She moved out of the home and when the parents were confronted they said their daughter was disrespectful and refused to help out around the home. They went on how they loved their daughter and how the door would always be open to her. A tape recording was played in the court room the mother had taped what the daughter told her mother. I cannot repeat what she told her mother on this website die to foul language used by the daughter. The daughter lost her court suit and moved back home and is living with her parents.

This daughter refused to respect her parents wishes and was a rebel in the household.

So how long was Adam alone in the garden of paradise before Eve was made? A month, year, decade, a thousand years, two thousand years.....longer?

How long was Adam and Eve in paradise before being kicked out for not behaving? A month, year, decade, a thousand years, two thousand years....longer?

Can you do what God does? If so please show us! If not you can not be a God.

None of us who are alive today know what happened except from the what is in the Bible. Maybe the story can not be verified but can we learn something today from the Adam and Eve story about misbehaving and rebellion?

NOTE: Lets not forget that God did NOT abandon Adam and Eve - he kicked them out of paradise and told them one day they would die. Death......a totally different subject matter that no one knows what happens at time of death, except for NDE's.

God bless.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Ancient Champion
I don't know why everyone is arguing about this being as ALL religion is made up by man and not by some god, gods, lord god. Religions were created by Kings and Queens of the old times as a tool of control over the peasants and slaves.

That is one of many traps and a weak attempt to explain away that there is no God.

It is a fact to many scientists of "intelligence design" - meaning there has to be a creator.

You need to re-think your ideas about God.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Jesuslives4u

Cuervo

Logarock
Satan was clearly jealous and hateful toward Job, couldn't get at Job because he was protected.

God told Satan he could have at it with Job but he was not allowed to kill him. So basically Job was protected.

Wow.

You're right. You just convinced me. The OT god is the biblical equivalent of the resuscitation unit at Gitmo. That guy who keeps the victim alive while being tortured is "basically" protecting him.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Had not humans committed the first offense, none of this conversation would be relevant. Since humans fell and opened up that contrast we have been subject to the natural processes that occur when giving in to sine. Yes the God of the OT seems like a very harsh Person. Problem is, he is not a human. Everyone wants to complain how harsh he seems, but if humans were never in the dark, how would they know what light was? Our world, our plane is one of contrasts. Meaning that in order to see clearly we have to experience both light, and darkness. Just saying

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

SonOfManPrinceMichael
Had not humans committed the first offense, none of this conversation would be relevant. Since humans fell and opened up that contrast we have been subject to the natural processes that occur when giving in to sine. Yes the God of the OT seems like a very harsh Person. Problem is, he is not a human. Everyone wants to complain how harsh he seems, but if humans were never in the dark, how would they know what light was? Our world, our plane is one of contrasts. Meaning that in order to see clearly we have to experience both light, and darkness. Just saying

Darkness is the absence of light, cold is the absence of heat, and evil is the absence of YAH. I completely agree. I have come to find that this life is full of sufferings, but those sufferings are what YAH uses to refine us into great substance, just like fine gold. Bless you.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Cuervo

Jesuslives4u

Cuervo

Logarock

Wow.

You're right. You just convinced me. The OT god is the biblical equivalent of the resuscitation unit at Gitmo. That guy who keeps the victim alive while being tortured is "basically" protecting him.

Who came up with this term OT God? People who use this term shows their ignorance about God.

So who is the NT God?

The OT god is the same one as the NT God.

So when talking about God you don't need to put a OT or NT before his title.

I don't think anyone will convince you about anything when it comes to God.

Good luck, I think you are going to need it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

Cuervo

Jesuslives4u

Cuervo

Logarock

Wow.

Who came up with this term OT God? People who use this term shows their ignorance about God.

So who is the NT God?

The OT god is the same one as the NT God.

So when talking about God you don't need to put a OT or NT before his title.

I don't think anyone will convince you about anything when it comes to God.

Good luck, I think you are going to need it.

I say the "OT god" for two reasons. One, is to signify that I'm talking about the Abrahamic pantheon, and two, is to distinguish between Yahweh and Jesus. Not everybody thinks they're the same, not even all Christians.

If I just say "God" or "Goddess", I'm not necessarily talking about your god therefore I identify him for you so you know who I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

There is only ONE GOD in the bible, he has many names. El Shadia, El Elyon, YHWH, YAHUSHUA, RUACH KODESH, are all revealings of the same GOD. If you want to know the book then ask those who know, we would be GLAD to show you.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Cuervo

Jesuslives4u

Cuervo

Logarock

Wow.

No, but GOD puts his people through the fire and hammers them into shape, so that the end result is like a fine piece of armour, not easily broken. As we can see Job was then blessed beyond what he originally had. Its like we are clay and he is the potter. The clay must have the air pockets removed before it will make a proper vessel, so the clay is layed upon the ground and the air bubbles are stomped out of it, but the end result is much more durable than clay with air in it. Even then the clay has not finished its journey, it must be molded into perfection, if the shape doesn't hold, he molds again. Then the clay is placed in the fire and made hard. Cly that has not benn properly dealt with will simply crumble away as dust, armour that is not properly dealt with will bend and break. It's like iron and steel, which would you choose?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Apparently Job already had all the air pockets taken out of him at some earlier point in time then. His metal was good going in. No one knows this exact process, how Job became to be so strong as demonstrated during his testing. This really wasn't a purging process which are different from testing processes.

It was clear that satan didn't know what he was dealing with. God knew however.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The Gnostics have a better understanding of Satan/Samael I think and a little story repeating through some of their writing is very informative.

Apparently The demiurge who was the creator of this world was granted terrific power. He called forth endless angels, Devas and whatever to create the world. When he sat back and looked at the power he had at his disposal and the masses of angels working to his instructions, he told them :I am the only God, you will have no other God but me.

He was interrupted at this point by Sophia who called to him from above, "I don't think so Samael" Samael meaning 'the Blind God. However he is the God that the ancient Jews followed which explains their view of his attitude towards humans.

This story is repeated using another name for the creator, but still a demiurge and from mystical Judiasm, Ialdabaoth "becoming arrogant in spirit, boasted himself over all those who were below him and explained, I am Father, and God, and above me there is no one." His Mother, hearing him speak thus, cried out against him: "Do not lie, Ialdabaoth, for the father of all, the primal Anthropos is really he who is God over all (Irenaeus)

This explains the weirdness of the first two commandments given by 'God' . Were there no other God/s he could be mistaken for, then he would never had needed to claim to the be the only God and to make people believe he was the highest God. Its funny what people accept and never think to wonder about.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Sounds like a challenge to me.
Say it out loud enough times and I'd bet the challenge (summons) will be answered.
Someone will show up. Prepare yourself ...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

stok3th3fir3
There is only ONE GOD in the bible, ....

There are many stories attributed to the One God.
But the 'god' of those stories doesn't match the God of the New Testament - Jesus Christ.

Jesus ... Says - 'The meek shall inherit the Earth'
'God' of the OT ... Tells Moses to take over 'the promised land' by force.

Jesus ... Mercy incarnate. Forgiveness.
'God' of the OT ... Adam and Eve take a bite from an apple, so they and all mankind are forever punished with illness and pain and death.

Jesus ... Says - 'Love God and love your neighbor'
'God' of the OT - tells Joshua to slaughter whole towns of innocent people and animals for no reason.

Jesus ... says 'forgive seven times seventy times'
Jesus ... says 'But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also (Mt 5:38-39)
'God' of the OT - 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand'
(which just leaves a lot of angry blind lame people )

Jesus directly contradicted the Old Testament 'God's violence -
Jesus Repudiation of Old Testament Violence

Most interestingly, in Deuteronomy Moses goes so far as to stress that the law must not be waved aside out of compassion. “Show no pity,” the text says, “ life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot” (Deut 19:21). Yet, Jesus not only commands people to “show pity,” he replaces the Old Testament quid pro quo ethic with his radical ethic of unconditional love.

For example, while the Old Testament allowed Israelites to hate their enemies and sometimes command them to slaughter them, Jesus forbid his disciples from ever hating or doing any harm to an enemy. Instead, he commanded people to “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Mt 5:43-45). Luke includes the command to “do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you” and “pray for those who mistreat you” (Lk 6:27-28).

Most surprising of all, Jesus emphatically makes loving enemies rather than hating them the precondition to being a child of God. We’re to love, bless, pray for and do good to our enemies “that you may be children of your Father in heaven” (Mt 5:45, emphasis added). Only if we love indiscriminately can we “be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked” (Lk 6:35). Small wonder, therefore, that when Peter drew his sword in self-defense — acting in accordance with Old Testament norms — Jesus rebuked him.

Jesus Without Baggage

But who wrote about God in the Old Testament? Was it God writing his own autobiography, or was it people writing about God as they understood him? I think it was the latter. The Old Testament is a collection of material written by many people, in many situations, over a long period of time. What they had in common was that they felt a connection to God or with the nation Israel.

Perhaps God provided special insights to some of them in some way, but we don’t know to what extent, and it seems that they had a very incomplete understanding of God. The Old Testament idea of God certainly reflects many of the assumptions about gods in the surrounding cultures of that day—things that we no longer believe.

The writers of the Old Testament were bound by the periods in which they lived, and their ideas of an angry, violent, vindictive God were products of their limitations. It is an incredible burden on them to expect that they were perfect in everything they wrote.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join