It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan: Humanity's Hero

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli

Ancient Champion
I don't know why everyone is arguing about this being as ALL religion is made up by man and not by some god, gods, lord god. Religions were created by Kings and Queens of the old times as a tool of control over the peasants and slaves.

Hey, I see you have devised an extremely original response to this thread.

How effective has this tactic been for you in the past seeing as these threads pop up weekly here on ATS?

-FBB

It hurts to hear the truth doesn't it? You want an effective tactic? Look at your religion.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Rapha

QueenofSpades
What did Satan do?

He rebelled.

Satan was not evil at all. Just wrongfully slandered by the winner.

So if he is such a mister nice guy, why doesn't this weak cowardly traitor get his banksters to pay peace keepers to dismantle every weapon of mass destruction before WW3 breaks out between the Russians/NATO or China/Japan ?

This will instantly prove that the Bible is a lie.

Like you said, satan is a traitor. In military terms a traitor is killed by firing squad. With immortals, they are thrown into the ultimate endless fire; the Lake of Fire.

So where is the coward Lucifer ? He is a high ranking seraph isn't he ? Lolololol

And he hasn't got the balls to show his face to all mortals.

Hes not in the flesh; hes in the mind. He's in your words here. Go look in the mirror. Smile.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Chakras . . . He was not talking about actual races.

Rather heavy on the mysteries the interaction may or may not have been.

-FBB

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ancient Champion

FriedBabelBroccoli

Ancient Champion
I don't know why everyone is arguing about this being as ALL religion is made up by man and not by some god, gods, lord god. Religions were created by Kings and Queens of the old times as a tool of control over the peasants and slaves.

Hey, I see you have devised an extremely original response to this thread.
How effective has this tactic been for you in the past seeing as these threads pop up weekly here on ATS?
-FBB

It hurts to hear the truth doesn't it? You want an effective tactic? Look at your religion.

Derp derp what?

What religion do you think I claim to be part of?

Are you even remotely learned in tech or the sciences?

-FBB

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

yuppa
www.churches-of-christ.net...

Follow the link there. it explains about the laws and how they apply to modern christians a bit. Its not hard to find if you look it up but there that might make it easier to go from there.

Okay, but it reeks of selection - no matter who is doing the selecting. It's not you actually doing the picking and choosing, I get that.

Regardless of "the law" which you are bound to, what is your opinion of the Old Testament and how do you reconcile the disparate morality of God between the two?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

It really is hard trying to talk to childern.
Come back when your done fishing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Ancient Champion

It really is hard trying to talk to childern.
Come back when your done fishing.

Bro, none of those are religions.

What religion do you think I ascribe to?

If you aren't experienced in tech or the sciences you have no authority to be shaming others for what they take on faith. You are mere sheep believing what your professor-pastor tells you to believe is true.

Euler's equation, which happens to be the basis for a very large component (pun intended) portion of scientific laws, literally relies on imaginary numbers that do NOT exist and yet these imaginary numbers best describe observable "reality." Furthermore what is observing particles when we are not?

-FBB

EDIT
Obviously you are just upset because someone made fun of your super witty comment that insulted people with different beliefs then yourself.
edit on 16-3-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

As far as the country being trampled by minions of other gods, the Bible also alludes to them being given over because of their choice to turn away from their savior. This occurred many times throughout the years. But the "actual" I was referencing was Jacob and the Angel of the Lord. What the people were doing that lead them to these things was terrible:

"Tophet is Moloch, which was made of brass; and they heated him from his lower parts; and his hands being stretched out, and made hot, they put the child between his hands, and it was burnt; when it vehemently cried out; but the priests beat a drum, that the father might not hear the voice of his son, and his heart might not be moved." Rashi

Doesn't sound very nice. Kind of goes back to the leopard and the not hiding his spots thing. Clearly G-d would not ask men to do such a thing, and the only time He did, it was a test. A ram was provided instead. And what exactly did their "lesser" gods do when they were lead into the hands of their enemy after sacrificing their children? Nothing. Laughed probably. If you pay attention, you can see that these new fangled "enlightened men" are being made a fool of unbeknownst to themselves. Ever see the one eye sign? "What sorrow awaits this worthless shepherd who abandons the flock! The sword will cut his arm and pierce his right eye. His arm will become useless, and his right eye completely blind." Zechariah 11:17. All you have to do is look for the truth in Him. Trust me, this "Satan" does not have your best interest in mind. His job is to defile you and take what is yours. It is his purpose for existence. It says he roams about like a lion with his mouth open, seeking whom he may devour. Just from analysis of the situation, I can verify that is true. He doesn't want to be your homeboy. He wants to get you to defile yourself in ever increasing ways, then turn to G-d and say "Look at this evil lot. Destroy them." We should all just sing his praises.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Anyways, from the signs in place and the way men have become ridiculously evil(check the internet, it will delete your soul) it would be wise to start kissing babies like a politician. Men have no idea what they are doing. And I am fearful for what is coming. Not for you, mind you. But for myself. My whole life has been somewhat of a puzzle. I pick pieces of a puzzle out of what I see, and use it to generate something that I will understand, so that I may know truth. It is not unlike what many are trying to do with there lives. We are alike. But what I see in these days is very troubling, and I feel for humanity. Satan is making the final push, and you can see his work clearly. What comes after is what I am afraid of. And trust me, you should be too.

I started this as a skeptic, and I am a skeptic of all things. I have looked deep down into this particular rabbit hole, and trust me, it is real. May the Lord have mercy on our souls. It is very poignant that one of the last things spoken by Yeshua on the cross was "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do". Anyways, hopes this helps someone.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

If it makes you feel better in believing in a religion that created by men that heard voices in their head then by all means go ahead, but this is ATS and not your church don't try to silence me. I could care less if people follow a religion in which people talked to burning bushes and voices in their head but i will give my opinion when i please.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

And what exactly did their "lesser" gods do when they were lead into the hands of their enemy after sacrificing their children?
And why exactly do you trust Rashi to know anything about this business?
What I meant earlier was the gods of the Assyrians and the Babylonians, the other national gods.
I think Jacob is not an actual person but is a story to try to explain why their nation was in such a horrible situation, that they were constantly weighed down by the guilt of their crimes.
I don't see the command for Abraham to sacrifice Issac as a test.
It is more likely the transfer of loyalty from one god to another.
One person says this.
And the other says that.
And Abraham decides which one to follow.
edit on 16-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

You play into the churchs game real good, there are two main things that drive religions.

1.Fear
2.Guilt

You have alot of both. You don't have to go to church to be a good person, just good morals.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If you aren't experienced in tech or the sciences you have no authority to be shaming others for what they take on faith. You are mere sheep believing what your professor-pastor tells you to believe is true.

The tired old "Science requires just as much faith" schtick.

Truth be told, they are in no way equivalent.

Scientific theories are based on repeated observable and empirically measured evidence. Such observable evidence does not require faith to believe in.

I do not need faith to put some degree of confidence in the wave/particle duality of light, because I have done the experiments. A lot of people do this simple experiment in first year physics class.

Nevertheless, I do not believe it 'absolutely' and without question.

Furthermore, scientific theories offer testable predictions, the ability to be proved wrong (falsifiability) and are generally well corroborated by both evidence and with repeated testing.

Because they are evidence based they do not require faith, as faith by definition is believing in something without evidence. Scientific theories are not believed without question either - they are always considered provisional.

When it comes to hypothesies like abiogenesis or the big bang, the truth is we do not say with absolute certainty that they are correct or true. The idea of a big bang does have evidence which supports it, which is more than can be said for the creation myths of world religions.

Personally, and I think with many people, I assign a level of 'confidence' to any claim. If it has demonstrated widespread peer review and academic acceptance, I might regard it as 'likely true' or 'trustworthy' without having reviewed the observed evidence first-hand. I will of course review this level of trust if evidence arises that directly challenges or falsifies a theory. This is not remotely similar to regarding it as'absolutely true' regardless of the evidence as religious people regard their gods.

At the end of the day, it's just a label anyway. Fundies love to use it because they think there is some equivalency there, but like most things they come out with, it's just complete nonsense.
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31000000Mon, 17 Mar 2014 00:13:30 -05003-0500fCDT12 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Typos..... typos everywhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

yuppa
www.churches-of-christ.net...

Follow the link there. it explains about the laws and how they apply to modern christians a bit. Its not hard to find if you look it up but there that might make it easier to go from there.

Okay, but it reeks of selection - no matter who is doing the selecting. It's not you actually doing the picking and choosing, I get that.

Regardless of "the law" which you are bound to, what is your opinion of the Old Testament and how do you reconcile the disparate morality of God between the two?

Well ima modern christian and as such not really bound to the OT law. But my opinion on the OT is God said who it was meant for. As for the disparate morality. Is it fair to expect the same level of respect from people to people? No because they might have diifrent circumstances.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Ancient Champion

If it makes you feel better in believing in a religion that created by men that heard voices in their head then by all means go ahead, but this is ATS and not your church don't try to silence me. I could care less if people follow a religion in which people talked to burning bushes and voices in their head but i will give my opinion when i please.

So you are going to make an accusation and not defend it all the while ranting about your distaste for religion?

Well, that is an answer I suppose.

Carry on.

-FBB

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

yuppa
As for the disparate morality. Is it fair to expect the same level of respect from people to people? No because they might have diifrent circumstances.

Not sure that really addresses the point.

God in the OT is all for committing and encouraging genocide, rape, slavery etc. If you believe the flood story he murders every living thing on the planet save for Noah and the animals on his dimensionaly transcendental boat. He tells the Israelites to murder women, men, male children and animals, and to take the young girls as their own. He tells slaves to obey and love their masters, even the cruel ones. I mean there are just loads of totally abhorrent stuff there.

Do you believe this is the same God that you worship and that features in the NT. And if so, how do you reconcile this behaviour in the NT with your belief?
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31uMon, 17 Mar 2014 00:24:27 -05003-0500fCDT12 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Because MOAR!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

The tired old "Science requires just as much faith" schtick.

Truth be told, they are in no way equivalent.

Scientific theories are based on repeated observable and empirically measured evidence. Such observable evidence does not require faith to believe in.

I do not need faith to put some degree of confidence in the wave/particle duality of light, because I have done the experiments. A lot of people do this simple experiment in first year physics class.

Nevertheless, I do not believe it 'absolutely' and without question.

Furthermore, scientific theories offer testable predictions, the ability to be proved wrong (falsifiability) and are generally well corroborated by both evidence and with repeated testing.

Because they are evidence based they do not require faith, as faith by definition is believing in something without evidence. Scientific theories are not believed without question either - they are always considered provisional.

When it comes to hypothesies like abiogenesis or the big bang, the truth is we do not say with absolute certainty that they are correct or true. The idea of a big bang does have evidence which supports it, which is more than can be said for the creation myths of world religions.

Personally, and I think with many people, I assign a level of 'confidence' to any claim. If it has demonstrated widespread peer review and academic acceptance, I might regard it as 'likely true' or 'trustworthy' without having reviewed the observed evidence first-hand. I will of course review this level of trust if evidence arises that directly challenges or falsifies a theory. This not remotely similar to regarding it as'absolutely true' regardless of the evidence as religious people regard their gods.

At the end of the day, it's just a label anyway. Fundies love to use it because they think there is some equivalency there, but like most things they come out with, it's just complete nonsense.
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31uMon, 17 Mar 2014 00:01:53 -05003-0500fCDT12 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Typos..... typos everywhere.

LoL are you trying to call me a fundy?

What evidence do you have, and more importantly what does this have to do with the OP?

-FBB

PS.
Plenty of religious fundy threads for you to go troll elsewhere. Our interaction in the intelligent design thread made it clear how little scientific understanding you actually possess. You cannot observe imaginary numbers and yet they are a necessity to describe our physical laws.

You only have to take a differential equations or multi-variable calculus course to see this demonstrated in all its glory. You can rant on and on about how you have seen the evidence, but in discussion with others of your type I know it is largely imagined as many here can't even tell the difference between gravity and the normal force. They can't relate the spoken word to an oscillating function or its power series.

Likely due to the nature of the OP's topic of Satan being the good guy, but I can't help imagining you gnashing your teeth on the other side of this digital signal.

Enjoy your night kiddo.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You can continue to insist that religion is beyond criticism unless one has a doctorate in cosmology or applied physics, but I don't think anyone here actually believes that.

You never know, though, I could be wrong. This is after all ATS...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

I am going to tell you a little tale and I do not really care if you think I am cuckoo after this but listen or rather read it and think before you stick up for that snivelling little creep of a letcherous old worm.
I was about no more than 4 years of age and possibly younger (I can not remember anything with clarity before the age of 2), sitting under the living room window of an english council house in the back garden on some flagstone paving playing with two match box (The manufacturer) toy cars when I tensed up and a feeling of horror came over me, I was on my own in the garden next to the garden fence, suddenly a voice with the sound of an old man whispering in a hissy way spoke into my right ear, "Poor Poor Paul, You are going to have such a terrible terrible sad life, I feel so very very sorry for you, I'll tell You what, give Me Your soul and I will give You a wonderful wonderful life My name is Satan", I was momentarily released and screamed NO then ran into the house, About twenty years later he returned and tried again, now HE knows I would never give him my soul or anyone else's and that I would lay down my immortal soul's life just to kill him so let me tell you this, HE is not a god, He is not a Lord, He is not a Friend and he is most certainly not an angel anymore, What he actually is DOOMED and a DEVIL.
I know the devil exists and I assure you so does your true god but if you are given the choice you shall most certainly reap as you sow, for you it may or may not be merely hypothetical and psychological allegory but I assure you that thing is real and a thief and a lier.
He can actually steal memory away and make you forget but at a deeper level he can never truly hide what he has done, every bad thing that steered you or forced you well he was probably in some way behind it and with him there is no heaven so once he uses his servent's up it is kapput for them.
The devil is old and sick as well as evil.
I have experience paranormal activity through much of my life (shadow people, light people, apport's, poltergeist and even things that would fit into ufological law as well as seeing thing's since a very early age which has faded as I grew older which others could not or else were in a tranclike state around) and have even been driven undoubtedly a little mad at time's but when you know the cause regardless of what others may think you can resist the symptom's.
In 1993 I tried to get out of my body with the sole intention of hunting him down and dragging him with myself into the lake of fire (not that I want to go there but I could see no other way of getting him into it), the room lit up like someone was burning magnesium as I lifted fully coscious out of my body at 4am and I had only risen about 4 inches out of my body when a firm hand (and not his) pushed me back into my body, I have not been out of it since.
Remember half the world are his pollution, "The wheat and the Tares".
Make your decision but remember HE WILL BE DESTROYED.
You may think this is a philosophical argument and that this is a rand by someone mad but what I tell you here is true, As is seven threescore seven whom will overcome six threescore and six, that little bit of cody you will only understand if you already know.
He is YOUR ENEMY not your friend, the tactic he uses is to break you then come like a friendly shoulder to lean on while he is the one chaining you.
Break those chains and I am sorry but believe me or not I am telling you Truth.
If there is one think I hate it is the devil and the second is those whom serve him but god probably hates the latter more.
I doubt I would have the strength to do what I tried but God know's I am no friend of the Devil and He no friend of mine.

edit on 17-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

You can continue to insist that religion is beyond criticism unless one has a doctorate in cosmology or applied physics, but I don't think anyone here actually believes that.

You never know, though, I could be wrong. This is after all ATS...

Where have I ever insisted such a thing?

I am saying if you don't understand why the math or results are a proof of something then you are taking it on faith.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Full Definition of FAITH
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions

a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust

: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs
— on faith

: without question took everything he said on faith

Do you realize how manic you and your sidekick here are?

They accused me of practicing a certain religion and when asked what religion they think I practice they went on a rant about how religion is for dumb dumbs.

Followed by you crying me a river about how you taking things on faith is not the same people having another faith.

How about you get on topic? Do you think the character of Satan in the Bible is the hero of humanity?

-FBB
edit on 17-3-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join