It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama threatens to veto bill that would require his administration to enforce laws...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is what it has come to....a bill has to be passed to force Barak Obama to enforce the law. You would think that enforcing the law shouldn't be a problem right?....guess again.

President Barack Obama would veto a GOP-drafted bill that would allow legislators to take agency officials to court if they don’t enforce laws, according to a White House statement.

Who needs acountibility eh? The law...."hell no" says Obama. I hope the irony isn't lost on eveyone here, considering Barak Obama is a Constitutional lawyer.

Now at this point you might be asking yourself....why wouldn't he want enforce the laws? Isn't that his job? If I'm not mistaken there might have been an oath about that somewhere....however this is the latest statement from the White House.

White House officials said they oppose the measure because it creates a paperwork burden for them.

“The vastly expanded reporting scheme required by the bill would be unduly burdensome and would place the Attorney General in the unprecedented position of having to be kept informed of and report on enforcement decisions made by every other Federal agency,” the statement said.

You can read the article...HERE

There it is folks...too burdensome for the Attorney Generals office to enforce the law. He'd have to keep informed of Federal enforcement decisions. Can you imagine...the Attorney General....having to be informed of the law?? I guess someone should have pointed that out to Mr. Holder before he went into Congress and perjured himself...twice. But I digress...

You simply cannot make stuff like this up.

I feel like I'm wandering around the land of the surreal.

Is this government really the best America can do?....REALLY?

I want you to think about the following quote in terms of the story I've posted above....and the many others just like it.... and ask yourselves seriously....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

ARE WE THERE YET?

Where is that line drawn? At what point do the American people say...you have went this far...but no further?

Who among you can honestly say that you feel like the US Government even comes close to representing you....and the things that are important to the American people?

Those cornerstones of America...justice, rule of law....equality of opportunity for all?

Or was the bar simply set too high?

edit on 12-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2014 by deadcalm because: Added stuff

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

This may be the first notable example in our nation's history for a President to see laws enforced AFTER he leaves office and his own executive ability to outright order his own cover-ups. Since he was smart in loading his cabinet in key places like State, Justice and Defense? It'd take outright impeachment to slow his roll at this point. That'll happen when the devil rings for a snow blower in hell.

We're in for a rough few years I fear. This isn't the man even loyal democrats thought they elected the second time. We got the mother of all "The Real Me!" shocks with Bush in his sequel, and Obama hasn't failed to live up to a second helping to the other side for his 2nd term. Nothing good...all bad.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Summary of the bill Congress.gov

Reported to House without amendment (03/07/2014)

(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.)

Faithful Execution of the Law Act of 2014 - Expands the circumstances under which the Attorney General is required to report to Congress regarding the enforcement of laws to include any instance in which the Attorney General, an officer of the Department of Justice (DOJ), or any other federal officer establishes or implements a policy to refrain from: (1) enforcing, applying, or administering any federal statute, rule, regulation, program, policy, or other law within the responsibility of the Attorney General or such officer; or (2) adhering to, enforcing, applying, or complying with, a final decision of any court of jurisdiction respecting the application of the Constitution, any statute, rule, regulation, program, policy, or other law within the responsibility of the Attorney General or such officer. (Currently, reports are not required with respect to the policies of other federal officers and reports concerning nonenforcement of a law are required only when the Attorney General or a DOJ officer refrains on grounds that the provision is unconstitutional.)

Requires such reports to state the grounds for policies of nonenforcement.

Sounds like Congress wants the AG to report to them.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Sounds like Congress wants the AG to report to them.

And that's not a bad idea IMO.

At that point the public could actually see a complete list of "exceptions", "waivers" etc. etc.

It all boils down to the extent of selective "Executive" Privileges (a.k.a. - default pardons in advance).

No wonder the White House has flinched and blinked and are weak-in-the-knees.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with all you said Wrabbit. But, I do think, the boy who would be king, is in for his own bumpy ride come the November elections.

The win in Florida special election yesterday by Jolly, in my opinion, is a clear reading of the tea leaves. Pun intended.

Republican Jolly wins Florida special election

In the first major test of voter attitudes in 2014, Republican David Jolly won a closely watched special election for the U.S. House in Florida Tuesday, handing his party a narrow victory in a battleground district where Republicans and Democrats spent millions of dollars fine-tuning their messages on national issues ahead of the fall midterm elections.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Add the fact that Jolly was outspent 4 to 1 to the picture. It appears the boy who would be king, is in for a long haul of fund raising for his clan.

Methinks, the executive pen may be running low on ink.

Des

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It all boils down to the extent of selective "Executive" Privileges
reply to post by xuenchen

Indeed. Obama has been taking far more "executive priviledges" than were ever enumerated under the Constitution. The man is a criminal...and should be treated as such. Where are the American people....how far is this going to be allowed to go?

And that's not a bad idea IMO.

Anything that brings even a shred of transparency or accountabilty to this admimistration is worth a shot....it can't get much worse.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

This may be the first notable example in our nation's history for a President to see laws enforced AFTER he leaves office and his own executive ability to outright order his own cover-ups.
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I was hoping the first notable example would have been when Bush/ Cheney left office...then along comes Obama...more of the same....rinse and repeat. No accountabilty....no transparency....no rule of law.

I'm not gonna hold my breath Wrabbit.

It'd take outright impeachment to slow his roll at this point.

Oh...that would be a great start....but why stop there? Criminal prosecutions should come right after the impeachment proceedings. This man deserves it...and the country needs it. This lawlessness we see across the entire political and social and especially the economic spectrum is spreading....like a cancer it is destroying the US from within.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

They can't pass this.
0bama is too busy granting exemptions for the 0bamacare Law.

Holder is too busy avoiding scandals.

Can't you guys just see that this poor black man is just too busy for such things.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

They can't pass this.
reply to post by macman

Nope....I don't expect they can. *sigh*

Meh....granting exemptions for the Affordable Care Act is kids stuff... It just gets the ink in his executive pen warmed up.

I'd say he's done rather a good job no? He's not in prison is he?

Can't you guys just see that this poor black man is just too busy for such things.

Yeah...I'd imagine finding creative ways to violate the Constitution would take a considerable amount of time and no small effort. When you can do that with impunity...then you know you're in the big leagues.

And you know what they say about being in the bigs?....you get to take big vacations...and lots of them!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

macman

They can't pass this.

Didn't take too long before somebody played the race card.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Didn't take too long before somebody played the race card.
reply to post by buster2010

I'm told if you ignore it...the race card will go away.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yeah , a Constitutional Lawyer amoung Other Things......

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Does this surprise any one in the slightest?

Obama's presidency started on a scandal ( anyone remember A.C.O.R.N. )

I knew what we were in for from the beginning. How can you expect any one who breaks the law to enforce the law. Although I find it ironic that most of his followers are also lawless.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You honestly don't see the irony in your response???

Me posting that, being sarcastic, and you retorting to it.

Funny..........to funny.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

deadcalm
[...]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

ARE WE THERE YET?

Where is that line drawn? At what point do the American people say...you have went this far...but no further?

Who among you can honestly say that you feel like the US Government even comes close to representing you....and the things that are important to the American people?

Those cornerstones of America...justice, rule of law....equality of opportunity for all?

Or was the bar simply set too high?

If I am not mistaken, corporations are people too. They have more money than You the People and can buy any politician they want to do their biding. So you either s**k it up or make A LOT more money.

/sarcasm
Oh wait, no sarcasm there, sadly.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yeah , a Constitutional Lawyer amoung Other Things......
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

The irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Maybe that's why he thinks he can violate it anytime he chooses.

Among those other things that Obama is...is a murderer. He has so far, been responsible for....ordering the extra judicial assasination of 4 American citizens...and is looking to make it an even 5. No wonder he doesn't have time to enforce the law....he's too busy breaking it.

I hear him openly discuss killing US citizens, without charge or trial....on TV....and the American people do nothing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
He's not black...he was raised by white as white bread grandparents. There is NO race card. However, he is a constitutional lawyer which shows us he may no nothing about foreign policy but he knows how to destroy the constitution.

I am still waiting for that day in the Rose Garden when he declares to all..."You were right...I am not a US citizen, never was, never will be...now deal with it and try to remove all the laws I have passed that were done under false circumstance now that i have broken ties with all allied, reduced the military to nothing and allowed our adversaries to move about unchallenged. I am going to meet my new Choom gang buddy Chavez and do some shots and bong hits while wearing my Nobel Peace PRize...praise be to Allah"

In all seriousness I do not think anything can stop those who are behind the current administration...

edit on 03pm31pmfu2014-03-13T12:18:22-05:001222 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

deadcalm

Anything that brings even a shred of transparency or accountabilty to this admimistration is worth a shot....it can't get much worse.

Transparency... How ironic is it that it is taking an act of Congress to make sure that Obama follows through on a promise he made when trying to get elected? Not to mention, forcing him to actually DO his job...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If I am not mistaken, corporations are people too. They have more money than You the People and can buy any politician they want to do their biding
reply to post by Sirrurg

Money in politics is certainly a huge problem...but it's a symptom of the larger sickness. Lawlessness.

There is no effective enforcement of the law among the wealthy or the political class. They change laws retroactively to shield themselves from prosecution. Ignore others when it suits. Even when crimes are known to have been committed, the "Justice Dept" refuses to criminally prosecute...instead choosing a paltry fine and nobody has to admit to any wrong doing....and it's business as usual the next day.

This is not justice...it's a mockery of it.

Now contrast the endless immunity from the law enjoyed by anyone with power or money... to a story I read this morning...some 26 year old moron... took a laser pointer and pointed it at a police helicopter.

Now as we all know.... that is a spectacularily bad idea, certainly stupid...but not viciously motivated...I do not condone it at all....but the guy got 14 YEARS.

Now...what this guy did was a felony and he should have to do some time for putting other peoples lives at risk....but 14 years seems a bit harsh.

However it illustrates the two tiered legal system that is developing in the US quite nicely. Barak Obama can break the highest law of the land, the Constitution, bankers steal billions, the NSA/ CIA lies, all with impunity....and 26 year old Sergio Rodriguez out in California get 14 years for a stupid stunt with a laser pointer.

You can read the article...here

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Good Thread! I don't have a lot to say except, It doesn't surprise me in the least. Just another example of how much of a mistake it is that we have let this presidential charade go on as long as it has. Total B.S.
Below someone posted a link to an arrest Pic of Obom. Date on the Pic says 27 Aug 68. If that's the date of arrest, does that mean Obom was 7 yrs old? Thought his birth cert said he was born in 1961? And Yes I know the B.C. was bogus. Might have my wires crossed here, but what's up with that? When was this guy actually Born? Syx.

Edit: Link addy for pic mentioned; i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 13-3-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join