It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Federal Spending is Writing Checks to Individuals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

I will address your statements, once you address my question.

macman

And we are none of those listed.

Why oh why do foreigners always fall all over themselves to state the US needs to be more like "Insert what ever Utopian country you want"?

Why can't you Aussies just be more like Americans?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

doubletap

JimTSpock

Of course I forgot to put USA it is part of the western world. I can understand you guys have some extreme right wing views. I am more in the centre.

America does have a public healthcare and welfare system. What would you prefer? No public healthcare and no welfare at all? I don't know if that would lead to a better society.

Expecting people to take care of themselves and not rely on government to subsidize them is not an extreme right wing view.

It is the attitude of a mature, responsible adult.

I would love to see no welfare system at all. It isnt the job of some to subsidize the choices of others. On top of being unconstitutional, it leads to a reliance upon the public dime when people know they can make poor life choices and still not pay the price of their stupidity. It destroys the very idea of personal responsibility, and that is never a good thing.

And that's a valid point. The welfare state actually harms people and society over the long run because you create large groups of people who are dependent upon the state and incapable of taking care of themselves.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

JimTSpock
Maybe all you extreme right wing types can go and live on an island together and practice your principal of never helping each other.

WE do have that Island. It is called America.

Oh, I do love how you equate not wanting money stolen from me by the Govt to give to others is "Never helping".

May I ask who you voted for in the last US election cycle???
edit on 13-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
May I interupt?

The back and forth sniping is going to stop right now!

This is a fairly important topic, and needs to be discussed in a manner that vaguely resembles the discourse of adults.

The past few pages of this thread are less than impressive, people. I've seen better behaviour on school playgrounds.

You can raise the level on your own, or staff can do it for you.

The choice is yours.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well that was fun.

This thread is closed pending staff review.

Too many windows open... The warning stands. The thread is reopened.
edit on 3/13/2014 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

doubletap

neo96

When there is over 60 million people on medicare,and over 50 million on medicaid, and medicare is automatically deducted from the first check that has nothing to pay for it.

This country is effing insane.

That there are those people out there in the real world who think it is government's job to pay for their existence.

To pay their bils.

The reason the power of taxation was given to government was so it can pay it's bills, not ours.

70% of federal spending is direct payments to people ?

The proof is in the pudding:

$17 trillion in debt, and over $120 trillion in 'unfunded' liabilities.

Those people are a cancer and need to be treated as such.

I cannot wait to see this country crumble.

This might be news to you but comments and views such as these are very extreme.

Referring to people as a 'cancer' is an extreme right wing view which some would say is fascist.

"Those people are a cancer and need to be treated as such." We destroy and eliminate cancer. You are saying destroy and eliminate people. Very strong language and very unsound views.

The Nazis said this type of thing. The weak and inferior must be eliminated.

You have views more in common with the Nazis than the founding fathers of the USA.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Please, go and research the stance of self independence and personal responsibility of the Founding Fathers.

They were not for stealing from some to give to others.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

JimTSpock

This might be news to you but comments and views such as these are very extreme.

Referring to people as a 'cancer' is an extreme right wing view which some would say is fascist.

It is used by the Left and Progressives as well.

You need to drop your obvious bias and look around.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Referring to people as 'a cancer and should be treated as such' is OK with you then is it?

That is not OK. I don't care who said it left or right it is not the view of a reasonable sound person.

Taxation is not stealing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

JimTSpock

doubletap

neo96

When there is over 60 million people on medicare,and over 50 million on medicaid, and medicare is automatically deducted from the first check that has nothing to pay for it.

This country is effing insane.

That there are those people out there in the real world who think it is government's job to pay for their existence.

To pay their bils.

The reason the power of taxation was given to government was so it can pay it's bills, not ours.

70% of federal spending is direct payments to people ?

The proof is in the pudding:

$17 trillion in debt, and over $120 trillion in 'unfunded' liabilities.

Those people are a cancer and need to be treated as such.

I cannot wait to see this country crumble.

"Those people are a cancer and need to be treated as such." We destroy and eliminate cancer. You are saying destroy and eliminate people. Very strong language and very unsound views.

The Nazis said this type of thing. The weak and inferior must be eliminated.

You have views more in common with the Nazis than the founding fathers of the USA.

Jim, i want to agree with you. BUt i can't get past the point that you are wanting to say someone from a huge, nebulous ideology thinks like all others who dabble in that ideology.

As someone not in the left/right paradigm, I have to point out that the debate between conservative and liberal is sickening in how dumb it is. They both treat each other the same way, then whine about how the other side is treating them. It is an exercise in mendacity and hypocrisy.

And taxation absolutely IS stealing. It is mine. Why do i have to share the fruits of my labor with people I don't wish to share it with? Labor should not be taxed.
edit on 3/13/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

If you live in a country with a government you have to pay tax. Fact of life.

I'm not an American. I consider my political views to be centre left but I will go after extreme left or right and of course they will say this and that bias whatever if I disagree with them.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

JimTSpock

Referring to people as 'a cancer and should be treated as such' is OK with you then is it?

If the shoe fits........

JimTSpock
That is not OK.

Truth hurts some times.

JimTSpock
I don't care who said it left or right it is not the view of a reasonable sound person.

Apparently YOU care enough to label those as "right wingers".
You really are out of your element here.

JimTSpock

On a sliding scale it sure is. When people are taxed with no real representation on it, it is.
It is theft in any other instance on this planet. But, not when the Govt does it. Now that is the best joke I have hard all week.

It is not only theft in the current state, because money just doesn't go to operate the Govt, which is was designed to do, it is used is taken from me to give to someone else, but it is punitive in nature as well.

A flat tax or fair tax, one where EVERYONE is taxed the exact same percentage is the only fair way to tax citizens. Oh, and getting rid of the handouts to ALL as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

JimTSpock

If you live in a country with a government you have to pay tax. Fact of life.

Well 'Hail Cesar' then.

JimTSpock

I'm not an American.

And thanks for adding your opinion to matters that don't exactly concern you.

edit on 13-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

JimTSpock

Taxation is the very definition of stealing.

In case you aren't familiar with that very elementary term, do I need to post the definition for you?

Its the same as some people meeting the definition of the word cancer.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by doubletap

Why wouldnt you have planned for your own retirement and financial needs?

For decades millions of middle class invested in Wall Street.

That gave them a better standard of living that the VOW of POVERTY social security is.

Of course those that push SS are also the same people who have regulated Wall Street to now where savings,money markets,mutual funds, and cd's don't pay squat anymore.

So what is their solution ?

The insanity continues they create 'Myra accounts' ! ! ! ! !

Which is a bold declaration that SS is a failure.

I don't know why people don't plan their own retirements.

Really they don't have to wait over 30 years to beg for it.

They have access anytime they want.

And live better than they ever will on SS.

Fact is many people who collect SS now?

STILL WORK.

Never thought much of that 'idiocracy' movie.

But damn if current events, and certain ideology doesn't reflect there is truth to that word.

And what happens to these people that invested in Wall Street when it tanked? They screamed to the government to bail them out. Wall Street is supposed to be a win or lose not a guaranteed win. Also the only reason why SS is a failure is because a President emptied it out to pay for the two wars he started while giving tax cuts to his buddies on Wall Street.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

Some unique and interesting views there. I think it's fair to say you are quite a long way from any mainstream political view.

I think it's fair to say you wont be on Meet the Press anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

buster2010

And what happens to these people that invested in Wall Street when it tanked? They screamed to the government to bail them out. Wall Street is supposed to be a win or lose not a guaranteed win. Also the only reason why SS is a failure is because a President emptied it out to pay for the two wars he started while giving tax cuts to his buddies on Wall Street.

Still blaming Bush I see.

Oh good lord.

It was looted before your self-proclaimed white devil came along.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Taxation is stealing? Really. It is a basic part of the concept of a government. Which I'm sure you don't agree with either.

What about hospitals, schools, police, roads etc? Or do you not use any of them out of principal? lol.
edit on 13-3-2014 by JimTSpock because: nazi

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join