It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Federal Spending is Writing Checks to Individuals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

olaru12

macman

But, you keep not getting angry that where you duped into thinking that the Govt would take care of you and the money you were forced to hand over, and stay angry at those that are actually funding your Govt Ponzi scheme and saying they don't want to be forced to pay for others.

I'm to busy being productive and running businesses to be angry and feeling sorry for myself. Agreed the system is ****** up but if you think voting Republican is going to change anything....LoL...What solution do you have?

Sounds to me like you are the one with the chip on his shoulder!!! Not me....

I feel blessed to live in a country where my intelligence, education and hard work allows me to prosper and prosper big.

Whining on the internet won't get **** done!!

Here's some unsolicited advice for you and conservatives in general...you need to lose the VICTIM mentality. America from my perspective is the land of opportunity if you have enough drive and ambition to actually learn the system and work within it! You would be astonished at how much fun and rewarding, facing the challenge is.
edit on 12-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

If you prospered and "prospered big" why are you drawing SS payments? Surely there are many seniors much worse off than you who need that money.
edit on 13-3-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

NavyDoc

olaru12

doubletap

olaru12

Do you think that my Social Security check is unconstitutional. I paid into that system for 25 years for Christ sake.

If the feds didnt take that money out of your check, what would you have done with it?

Just curious as to what your answer is....

It's none of your business how I spent or will spend my money in the future, is it?

but for your information, I would probably have enjoyed a nicer lifestyle than constantly wondering how I was going to pay my bills and feed a family.

I can tell you one thing..........if any political party tries to mess with social security, medicare or medicaid; the ageing population of America will shut them down right quick. Ideological BS just won't fly with struggling seniors.

SO basically they buy votes. Gotcha.

Of course they do!! Just like the large corporations do with lobbyist, sweet heart deals, promise os cushy jobs or paid board positions, etc.

We probably agree on more than you think. The system is broken but I don't see any change in the foreseeable future. I just chose to play within the system and use it to my advantage. Everyone votes in their own self interest.

I also am a Libertarian and worked for Gary Johnson, an honorable and honest man.

I'm curous as to why SS has drawn your particular ire, rather than taxpayer dollars going to already profitable corp. in the form of subsudies and bank bail outs.

I know it's all academic at this point. If your personal attacks on my character make you happy, cool....

edit on 13-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

NavyDoc

olaru12

doubletap

olaru12

Do you think that my Social Security check is unconstitutional. I paid into that system for 25 years for Christ sake.

If the feds didnt take that money out of your check, what would you have done with it?

It's none of your business how I spent or will spend my money in the future, is it?

but for your information, I would probably have enjoyed a nicer lifestyle than constantly wondering how I was going to pay my bills and feed a family.

I can tell you one thing..........if any political party tries to mess with social security, medicare or medicaid; the ageing population of America will shut them down right quick. Ideological BS just won't fly with struggling seniors.

Isn't that what was warned by our founders? Once the people realized they could vote money to themselves, we would have problems?

It is easy to bribe thousands.

That's exactly my point. The SS Ponzi scheme and then Medicare and Medicaid were efforts to buy votes and his statements are examples how well this worked.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

JimTSpock

The largest part goes to healthcare. I take it you don't want people to get any healthcare unless they can pay for it themselves?

Developed first world western countries have public healthcare and welfare systems. Are you proposing an alternative to get rid of them entirely? You would have a few problems with civil unrest to say the least.

Government spending and debt is a major problem. I think the main problem is government mismanagement and overspending and that's why you have a 17 trillion debt. 2 wars didn't help either.
edit on 13-3-2014 by JimTSpock because: spelling

Yes, shame on me for expecting people to be responsible for themselves.

In regards to civil unrest....so we should all get bent over so the irresponsible people dont start rioting? Thats basically extortion and you propose giving in to them?

Humor me for a moment....which section of the Constitution authorizes the federal govt to be involved in such lunacy?

“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” - James Madison

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

olaru12

NavyDoc

olaru12

doubletap

olaru12

Of course they do!! Just like the large corporations do with lobbyist, sweet heart deals, promise os cushy jobs or paid board positions, etc.

We probably agree on more than you think. The system is broken but I don't see any change in the foreseeable future. I just chose to play within the system and use it to my advantage. Everyone votes in their own self interest.

I also am a Libertarian and worked for Gary Johnson, an honorable and honest man.

That's not exactly libertarian.

However, your voting "in your own best interest" is taking money out of my pocket. That's not a very libertarian principle, either. I vote in a manner in which your are left alone--that is a libertarian principle.

I really don't buy the "don't hate the player, hate the game" bull# because there wouldn't be a game unless there are players willing and ready to support the game. You said it yourself that you and your ilk will never vote to reduce their own payouts and this is why the system will only get worse, not better.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

Ah I think it's called a modern civilized society, or maybe the concept of one. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in 1800? Or Mongolia? lol.

Have you heard of Western Europe, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada, Scandinavia? Perhaps you think the entire western world has got it all wrong and we need to go back to survival of the fittest.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

NavyDoc

olaru12

NavyDoc

olaru12

doubletap

olaru12

However, your voting "in your own best interest" is taking money out of my pocket. That's not a very libertarian principle, either. I vote in a manner in which your are left alone--that is a libertarian principle.

I really don't buy the "don't hate the player, hate the game" bull# because there wouldn't be a game unless there are players willing and ready to support the game. You said it yourself that you and your ilk will never vote to reduce their own payouts and this is why the system will only get worse, not better.

All I know is that attacking people on the internet probably won't solve any problems what so ever. But if that floats your boat; so be it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

JimTSpock
reply to post by doubletap

Ah I think it's called a modern civilized society, or maybe the concept of one. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in 1800? Or Mongolia? lol.

Have you heard of Western Europe, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada, Scandinavia? Perhaps you think the entire western world has got it all wrong and we need to go back to survival of the fittest.

You avoided answering my question regarding where the government gets Constitutional authorization to engage in such nonsense.

Why?

Curious that you mentioned places with obscenely high confiscatory tax rates and even more limits on personal freedom. All in the name of subsidizing others.....eh? Why does the idea of people being responsible for themselves scare you so much?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

JimTSpock

The largest part goes to healthcare. I take it you don't want people to get any healthcare unless they can pay for it themselves?

Yes, yes I do.

I pay for everything in my life, including Health Care and Health Insurance.

You and everyone else should be doing the same.

If you can't afford it, you don't get it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

olaru12

I'm curous as to why SS has drawn your particular ire, rather than taxpayer dollars going to already profitable corp. in the form of subsudies and bank bail outs.

Myself, NavyDoc and many others here have stated all of the handouts need to be reigned in.

The topic happened to divert to SS.

Since SS is insolvent, care to move to the next item that needs to be visited for our discussion?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

JimTSpock

And we are none of those listed.

Why oh why do foreigners always fall all over themselves to state the US needs to be more like "Insert what ever Utopian country you want"?

Why can't you Aussies just be more like Americans?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Of course I forgot to put USA it is part of the western world. I can understand you guys have some extreme right wing views. I am more in the centre.

America does have a public healthcare and welfare system. What would you prefer? No public healthcare and no welfare at all? I don't know if that would lead to a better society.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

macman

olaru12

Myself, NavyDoc and many others here have stated all of the handouts need to be reigned in.

Since SS is insolvent, care to move to the next item that needs to be visited for our discussion?

I would love to see the discussion move to military spending, and all those paychecks handed out to soldiers and administrative staff. And the coming medical apocolypse as the VA crumbles under the need for care.

Maybe that is the point of obamacare....to put federal responsibility back into the pockets of the victims of their overindulgence?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

olaru12

NavyDoc

olaru12

NavyDoc

olaru12

doubletap

olaru12

All I know is that attacking people on the internet probably won't solve any problems what so ever. But if that floats your boat; so be it.

First of all, disagreeing with your premise is not "attacking." Secondly, your complaint is a wee bit hypocritical since you came out of the gate with quite a bit of vitriol against anyone who objects to your handouts.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maybe all you extreme right wing types can go and live on an island together and practice your principal of never helping each other.

'No you can do it yourself I'm not helping, I don't care if you have a broken leg, it's your own fault.'

And see how long you last. lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

macman

olaru12

I would love to see the discussion move to military spending, and all those paychecks handed out to soldiers and administrative staff. And the coming medical apocolypse as the VA crumbles under the need for care.

Maybe that is the point of obamacare....to put federal responsibility back into the pockets of the victims of their overindulgence?

Although the military is a Constitutionally mandated duty of the federal government whereas taking care of people from cradle to grave is not, of course military spending should be cut. We do not need to be the world's policemen. Although one of the best values for the dollar a taxpayer gets in government spending is active duty pay because they are paid well below the duties and risks that are demanded of them, the pentagon has a lot of fat and waste and abuse and fraud--especially in the procurement process. There is a lot that could be trimmed from the budget without harming capabilities at all.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

NavyDoc

bigfatfurrytexan

macman

olaru12

Although the military is a Constitutionally mandated duty of the federal government whereas taking care of people from cradle to grave is not, of course military spending should be cut. We do not need to be the world's policemen. Although one of the best values for the dollar a taxpayer gets in government spending is active duty pay because they are paid well below the duties and risks that are demanded of them, the pentagon has a lot of fat and waste and abuse and fraud--especially in the procurement process. There is a lot that could be trimmed from the budget without harming capabilities at all.

I am not so sure a standing army is a duty of the government.
i think it may be somewhat opposite.

That aside, i am all for defending our country. Kind of hard to do that when we are all deployed across the planet defending everything BUT our country.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

JimTSpock
Maybe all you extreme right wing types can go and live on an island together and practice your principal of never helping each other.

'No you can do it yourself I'm not helping, I don't care if you have a broken leg, it's your own fault.'

Actually you are quite incorrect and your premise is, ironically, quite illogical. No one here has said they wouldn't help their fellow man. In the US, conservatives are quite in agreement with charity and donate more personal funds to charities that help and feed and clothe people than liberals. This issue that we find objectionable is not charity, but coercive "charity" that is really a wealth redistribution scheme that politicians use to buy themselves votes. I give quite generously of my money and time to my neighbors and my community, however, I resent being forced to fund a politicians pet cause at the barrel of a gun and being called "selfish" because I don't like my pocket picked.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

JimTSpock

Of course I forgot to put USA it is part of the western world. I can understand you guys have some extreme right wing views. I am more in the centre.

America does have a public healthcare and welfare system. What would you prefer? No public healthcare and no welfare at all? I don't know if that would lead to a better society.

Expecting people to take care of themselves and not rely on government to subsidize them is not an extreme right wing view.

It is the attitude of a mature, responsible adult.

I would love to see no welfare system at all. It isnt the job of some to subsidize the choices of others. On top of being unconstitutional, it leads to a reliance upon the public dime when people know they can make poor life choices and still not pay the price of their stupidity. It destroys the very idea of personal responsibility, and that is never a good thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

JimTSpock

Well, one thing is for sure....people like you wouldnt last a week if you actually had to provide for yourselves.

You are basically an overgrown child who relies on others for their existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join