It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Federal Spending is Writing Checks to Individuals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Buried deep in a section of President Obama's budget, released this week, is an eye-opening fact: This year, 70% of all the money the federal government spends will be in the form of direct payments to individuals, an all-time high.
In effect, the government has become primarily a massive money-transfer machine, taking $2.6 trillion from some and handing it back out to others. These government transfers now account for 15% of GDP, another all-time high. In 1991, direct payments accounted for less than half the budget and 10% of GDP.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: news.investors.com...

Can anyone actually argue that these unconstitutional actions do NOT make the U.S. a redistributive economy?

What needs to happen is that everyone needs to stop paying taxes immediately until the government stops all unconstitutional spending, and begins spending it responsibly. Those jackasses in DC have repeatedly proven they are incapable of adhering to the limits placed upon them, so now it is time that people en masse stop feeding the engine of corruption.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

doubletap

Buried deep in a section of President Obama's budget, released this week, is an eye-opening fact: This year, 70% of all the money the federal government spends will be in the form of direct payments to individuals, an all-time high.
In effect, the government has become primarily a massive money-transfer machine, taking $2.6 trillion from some and handing it back out to others. These government transfers now account for 15% of GDP, another all-time high. In 1991, direct payments accounted for less than half the budget and 10% of GDP.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: news.investors.com...

Can anyone actually argue that these unconstitutional actions do NOT make the U.S. a redistributive economy?

What needs to happen is that everyone needs to stop paying taxes immediately until the government stops all unconstitutional spending, and begins spending it responsibly. Those jackasses in DC have repeatedly proven they are incapable of adhering to the limits placed upon them, so now it is time that people en masse stop feeding the engine of corruption.

Do you think that my Social Security check is unconstitutional? I paid into that system for 25 years for Christ sake.

edit on 12-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How about instead of not paying taxes do the following:

1. Enforce a lifetime two term limit

2. No money from any company can be used for campaigns, everyone gets the same set amount to work with

3. Salaries are directly tied to approval ratings. Ratings go up, pay goes up

I think that would be a good start...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Officials paying off officials, hookers, hitmen, etc

True US madness, your taxdollers real hard at work!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

olaru12

Do you think that my Social Security check is unconstitutional. I paid into that system for 25 years for Christ sake.

If the feds didnt take that money out of your check, what would you have done with it?

Just curious as to what your answer is....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

Doing this would be like cutting ones own head off. It may have unintended consequences. But I agree to an extent. Maybe if everyone just started paying ten percent in taxes instead of 35 maybe then they would learn to budget our money a little more wisely.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
How about instead of not paying taxes do the following:

1. Enforce a lifetime two term limit

2. No money from any company can be used for campaigns, everyone gets the same set amount to work with

3. Salaries are directly tied to approval ratings. Ratings go up, pay goes up

I think that would be a good start...

Salaries are directly tied to approval ratings, and approval ratings are directly tied to corporate funding and political propaganda.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Quauhtli because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

doubletap

olaru12

Do you think that my Social Security check is unconstitutional. I paid into that system for 25 years for Christ sake.

If the feds didnt take that money out of your check, what would you have done with it?

Just curious as to what your answer is....

It's none of your business how I spent or will spend my money in the future, is it?

but for your information, I would probably have enjoyed a nicer lifestyle than constantly wondering how I was going to pay my bills and feed a family.

I can tell you one thing..........if any political party tries to mess with social security, medicare or medicaid; the ageing population of America will shut them down right quick. Ideological BS just won't fly with struggling seniors.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Quauhtli

Doing this would be like cutting ones own head off. It may have unintended consequences. But I agree to an extent. Maybe if everyone just started paying ten percent in taxes instead of 35 maybe then they would learn to budget our money a little more wisely.

If they spent our money on only those things allowed by the Constitution, all of our taxes would go down as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Do you think that my Social Security check is unconstitutional? I paid into that system for 25 years for Christ sake.

No.

You paid 6 % in to social security.

Employers match that contribution.

And the difference is made up by robbing from them evil rich, the middle class, and printing, and borrowing money.

Social Security is the EPITOME of robbing peter to pay for paul.

And people HAVE NO RIGHTS to social security.

Just look up Fleming V Nestor, and Hellvering V davis.

From the SCOTUS:

Social Security is not an insurance program at all. It is simply a payroll tax on one side and a welfare program on the other. Your Social Security benefits are always subject to the whim of 535 politicians in Washington.

www.cato.org...

To the op:

When there is over 60 million people on medicare,and over 50 million on medicaid, and medicare is automatically deducted from the first check that has nothing to pay for it.

This country is effing insane.

That there are those people out there in the real world who think it is government's job to pay for their existence.

To pay their bils.

The reason the power of taxation was given to government was so it can pay it's bills, not ours.

70% of federal spending is direct payments to people ?

The proof is in the pudding:

$17 trillion in debt, and over $120 trillion in 'unfunded' liabilities.

www.usdebtclock.org...
edit on 12-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

olaru12

It's none of your business how I spent or will spend my money in the future, is it?

but for your information, I would probably have enjoyed a nicer lifestyle than constantly wondering how I was going to pay my bills and feed a family.

Interesting you didnt mention investing for your own future instead of relying on government to do it for you.

Why wouldnt you have planned for your own retirement and financial needs?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

neo96

When there is over 60 million people on medicare,and over 50 million on medicaid, and medicare is automatically deducted from the first check that has nothing to pay for it.

This country is effing insane.

That there are those people out there in the real world who think it is government's job to pay for their existence.

To pay their bils.

The reason the power of taxation was given to government was so it can pay it's bills, not ours.

70% of federal spending is direct payments to people ?

The proof is in the pudding:

$17 trillion in debt, and over $120 trillion in 'unfunded' liabilities.

Those people are a cancer and need to be treated as such.

I cannot wait to see this country crumble.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I cannot wait to see this country crumble.

The defense cuts already started that ball in motion.

Because they cut it to pay for that 70%.

edit on 12-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

doubletap

olaru12

Interesting you didnt mention investing for your own future instead of relying on government to do it for you.

What arrogance! You don't know me or how I invested. I bought land for your information that I farmed and developed and still struggled to make ends meet.

If any party messes with SS, medicare or medicaid, the aging population of America will insure they lose any election.
Seniors are struggling and
VOTE in their own self interest not BS ideology. We are a huge voting block. The GOP has already lost women and minorities and they better listen to seniors.

But we're a cancer huh? We helped build this country and this is the thanks we get........CANCER

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Or they could just ...wait them out

No arrogance at all, you stated you wouldve used that money at the time, not set it aside for your future retirement. Instead, you chose to rely on the government to do that for you at the expense of others.

It seems the entire notion of personal responsibility is lost on more than just the current generation known as millenials.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

For decades millions of middle class invested in Wall Street.

That gave them a better standard of living that the VOW of POVERTY social security is.

Of course those that push SS are also the same people who have regulated Wall Street to now where savings,money markets,mutual funds, and cd's don't pay squat anymore.

So what is their solution ?

The insanity continues they create 'Myra accounts' ! ! ! ! !

Which is a bold declaration that SS is a failure.

I don't know why people don't plan their own retirements.

Really they don't have to wait over 30 years to beg for it.

They have access anytime they want.

And live better than they ever will on SS.

Fact is many people who collect SS now?

STILL WORK.

Never thought much of that 'idiocracy' movie.

But damn if current events, and certain ideology doesn't reflect there is truth to that word.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

i agree.

ill happily pay a tax to support the seniors of our nation. One of the symptoms of our national sickness is the way we treat the elderly.

Smart people seek out our seniors for guidance. No, the advice may not relate well to finding financial success. The advice is geared more towards what will make a senior happy. Which really is our future.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It seems that the new buzzword these fools use is "dignity" which is framed within the discussion around the laughable topic of "income inequality".

"People should be able to keep their dignity by making $15 an hour flipping burgers", or "lets ensure everyones dignity by giving them more of other peoples money".

Eff dignity, eff their little feelings.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

We need jobs.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
These types of agencies or departments are now nothing more than handlers/schedulers for automating the movements of debt. Those paper tokens must move, may as well ensure its filed accordingly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join