It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt 'destroys 1,370 Gaza smuggling tunnels', says army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
More Palestinian oppression!!!

Cairo (AFP) - Egypt's military said Wednesday it has destroyed 1,370 smuggling tunnels under its border with the Gaza Strip, as Cairo's ties remain sour with the Hamas movement that rules the Palestinian enclave.

Oh im sorry its not Israel oppressing Palestine so the world does not care. Wheres the nazis to bash Egypt for its part in oppressing palestine?

The tunnels, under the town of Rafah, are used to transfer food, fuel and consumer products into the densely populated Palestinian enclave.

People will starve !! where is the outrage!
edit on 12-3-2014 by Shaiker because: (no reason given)

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
With no source story posted, I can only comment on the opinions.

But maybe this actually benefits Israeli smugglers now ?

More control from the other end.

And WHY would Egypt be so against helping Gaza?

What is the politics involved ?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I would screw that up lol.....

The link has been posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
KFC chicken wings price will skyrocket in Gaza. Last time they said it's already reaching 30 USD for a bucket of 25 cold chicken wings.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yeah and I'm sure these tunnels were not used for guns or drugs movement..

But I'm not sure why you think nobody will care because it isn't Israel, and these tunnels were under Egyptian land going in and out of their country, which goes UNDER their border, I'm pretty sure any country finding secret tunnels linking their countries without any border control would kick off.

Though the number they destroyed seems quite high

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Etherguide
KFC chicken wings price will skyrocket in Gaza. Last time they said it's already reaching 30 USD for a bucket of 25 cold chicken wings.

I don't mean to be picky, but what do smuggling tunnels have to do with the temperature of a bucket of chicken? Have they not independently mastered the skill of making fire in the Gaza strip?

Sometimes the pile on with circumstance is a bit silly.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In case everyone didnt notice meanwhile in other threads israel is being blamed because gaza fired rockets at them. In this thread Egypt goes unscathed because israel is to blame for everything. The hypocrisy on this site is absolutely stunning.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Etherguide

That's no joke !!!

Local delivery company is bringing fried chicken from the U.S. fast-food chain through tunnels under the Egypt-Gaza border, and delivering it all over the Gaza Strip. .....

The meals are made at KFC stores in various cities throughout the Sinai Peninsula, because there are no KFC restaurants in Gaza. A KFC restaurant opened last year in the West Bank city of Ramallah.

Palestinian smugglers deliver KFC to Gaza

Obviously this is all connected to rocket attacks that deep cover Mossad agents fire into Israel thus justifying a shut down of the smuggling tunnels.

There must be a consortium of businessmen that want to open KFC franchises in Gaza.

Nothing else makes any sense.

edit on Mar-12-2014 by xuenchen because:

new topics

top topics

join