It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic structures on the front side of the moon + other 'anomalies'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

draknoir2

Soylent Green Is People

eriktheawful
...But of course, anyone that wants to think those things are buildings, surely you have a right to think that if you wish. I won't stop you.

However, I won't stop offering what is really there either.

Politely I might add.

Do you mean you aren't going to call people "blind fools" and "dumb" for not agreeing with you?

What a concept!

He's not a retarded barbarian... avatar aside. :-)

"Over Enthusiastic Viking" is what I like to think.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
good one

draknoir2
Again, you should always refer to the HIGHER resolution photos.

edit on 14-3-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2014 by tachyonator7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

tachyonator7
once again, i didn't insult you in any way. sorry but saracasam aint gonna help your failed debunking.

well, there was this:

by tachyonator7
ALL of the images from google earth show buildings and ships, not pixelization illusion as you claim (and sadly others who agree with you). they are blurred because that's the max resolution we are given, but still only a blind fool can claim these to be craters which i claim all of you debunkers to be > a blinded fools. it's sad, but please remember this post and come back in a few years if these things ever get declassified, check these coordinated and you may see how dumb you were to reject these finds.

edit on 3/14/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

You mean more detailed like this?

I guess if one decides that there is no way that there can be mountains in that area up to 2,000 feet high, or craters up to 1,500 feet deep......

AND

not believe that since you are at one of the poles that sun's light is reaching the surface at such an oblique angle that there is NO WAY that very large and long shadows can be cast......

Then yes, I guess one could believe that it's something else that is there. Say buildings that are 20, 30 or 40 miles long, and close to half a mile tall.

But me? Nah.....looks like craters to me that are deep, with the sun at a very oblique angle since we are talking about the poles here, making extreme shadows.....

You know, like we see here on Earth (only sub craters with valley).

But that's just me.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i stand behind that post. as it says, remember and you shall see.

Soylent Green Is People

tachyonator7
once again, i didn't insult you in any way. sorry but saracasam aint gonna help your failed debunking.

well, there was this:..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

eriktheawful

Bad example. You can hardly even see all the structures and spaceships.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

draknoir2

eriktheawful

Bad example. You can hardly even see all the structures and spaceships.

I think one of my favorite "There's A Space Ship On The Moon" subjects was the supposed crashed ship on the far side of the moon, and that a secret hush, hush mission called Apollo 20 went there, and even found a alien body!

I made a thread about it showing how the area looked once the LROC did a detailed image of the area again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course the Apollo 20 story proved to be a hoax in one of the biggest ways.

Oh, and don't get me wrong: I would LOVE IT if they actually found a crashed alien ship on the moon, or a abandoned base. That would be the coolest thing in the world!

Too bad all we have are blurry pics or people claiming that geology are those things.

Still, it makes for a good story.
edit on 14-3-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
wow, you nailed it. a perfect match. lol

eriktheawful

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

eriktheawful

I think one of my favorite "There's A Space Ship On The Moon" subjects was the supposed crashed ship on the far side of the moon, and that a secret hush, hush mission called Apollo 20 went there, and even found a alien body!

I'm extremely embarrassed to admit that I was sucked in by that one when it first came out... even sent an e-mail to NASA asking about it. Got no reply, not surprisingly.

But then I found a second and third video upload from the same guy and they were over the top.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ENOUGH!!!

Stay on topic and stop the personal slags or post bans will follow.

Sometimes you just have to politely agree to disagree or just go click on another thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

draknoir2

eriktheawful

I'm extremely embarrassed to admit that I was sucked in by that one when it first came out... even sent an e-mail to NASA asking about it. Got no reply, not surprisingly.

But then I found a second and third video upload from the same guy and they were over the top.

Oh, don't worry. The Apollo 20 hoax is what brought me to ATS.

When I ran across the story, I was following links. I didn't know what to think at first. I mean you had the following:

1) An object on the far side, so no way for anyone here on Earth to look for it.

2) So of the photo evidence (not the zoomed in obviously 3D generated crap) looked very interesting.

While I may or may not think that someone's claims about the moon may be false, I follow the evidence and research it. I do not just come right out and say (WRONG). I do look first and research.

And that research brought me to ATS.

Now, you want to talk about a structure on a moon that I can't explain away:

The Phobos Monolith.

Of course it's not OUR moon, but still, it's a VERY interesting looking object. There is no way for any of us to look at it with ground based telescope here on Earth. The images are very, very suggestive. The shadow for it doesn't match what we would think of as a small round domed object (like a really round boulder).

Do I think it's of alien make?

I can't say for sure. I can say that it's very interesting. It fits what MY definition of "artificial" structure would look like.

It could be just some very unusual looking geology on Phobos.

Or it could be a spent fuel stage of a rocket......a building for a base....

Heck, it could be a huge monument set up by Martians millions of years ago when they had a space program (IF there were martians....and they had enough time to evolve.....and if they had a space program.....and if they made it to Phobos) for all I know.

So I can't debunk that. It's WAAAAY to good of a image to be able to just shake your head and walk away from!

Now someone find me something like that using the LROC images. Heck, even the people at Arizona University said that for all they know, there maybe something like that in their images from the LROC. They don't have enough people to pour over the images, just enough to get them stiched together fast.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The amount of patience you exhibit is outstanding.
Bravo to you!

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
here's the snapshot from the jl walson video posted before

..a building on the hill, copernicus crater (source: abidemiracles.com...)

..and a pyramid in the valley, copernicus

..and a giant boomerand ufo over moon caught by amateur astronomer from australia, 1969

..and the alleged moon lake photo

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Not that I but any of this "structures on the light side of the moon" nonsense...

But that does seem more like the Picture Twisting App for an iPad...
I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about!!!

Peace Erik!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
why do you think it's nonsense, because you never heard of it? there are many thing that exist that you are not aware off.

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by eriktheawful

Not that I but any of this "structures on the light side of the moon" nonsense...

But that does seem more like the Picture Twisting App for an iPad...
I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about!!!

Peace Erik!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

tachyonator7
..a building on the hill, copernicus crater (source: abidemiracles.com...)

OK, so you're seeing a building on a hill. If you want to see these features in more detail you can download a larger version of that Copernicus image here:

www.moonviews.com...

(edited: the links to the very large image don't work)

If you don't trust that version, you can see how it looks on a completely unenhanced original copy.

Here's the original, which I own, and which is photographed here with my 10" tablet for comparison:

Here is the relevant part, which I have just photographed with my SLR

and here's the same image sharpened and level adjusted.

Still no house.
edit on 14-3-2014 by onebigmonkey because: link

edit on 14-3-2014 by onebigmonkey because: link again

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just for fun, increase the dpi:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tachyonator7

Didn't read every response to you, but certainly got the attitude and gist of your responses.

Somebody probably pointed out to you that some of the "towers" you think you might see in craters are natural in these magical things called complex craters.
astronomy.swin.edu.au...

Complex craters, on the other hand, exhibit somewhat unintuitive structures such as central peaks, or an inner "peaked" ring, terraced rim walls and outer concentric faulted zones
www3.imperial.ac.uk...
edi t on 3/14/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i have attached the high resolution source photo originally posted by john lear which shows the object in question. i don't see why would you photograph a bad quality printed image just to debunk the find. it's impossible to see anything in your very bad quality and extremely blurred image. here's the crop from the original photo sligtly more zoomed

onebigmonkey
Just for fun, increase the dpi:

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join