It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Archeologists Lie? New England’s Ancient Stone Chambers Revealed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

JohnnyCanuck

bottleslingguy

JohnnyCanuck

bottleslingguy
reply to post by Harte

fair enough, so when they say "snakes" we have to take them literally and when they say "star people" we should be consistent, no?
There's evidence for snakes...kinda tough to write them off as folk tales to explain a complex environment in a world lacking scientific reasoning.

so we shouldn't be consistent? final answer?
How so? You seriously want to equate evidence for existence of snakes with that of 'star people'? Oh my...you're on your own there.

you're saying they went through all that trouble to build the structures and spread the word around vast distances that snakes was good eatin? How are you the expert on what was going on inside these peoples' heads not even to mention how the idea got spread around and so pervasively. You can't tell me THAT many people were gaga over snakes. Wouldn't you expect a little more diversity in the zoological symbolism?

Animal totems are one thing...and fairly ubiquitous. I would drew your attention to many of the avatars used on ATS. I can't quite see how that proves 'star people' are real. By your reasoning, it would seem to follow that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy exist, based upon the popular mythology.

Sometimes it's just a symbol, eh?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
To answer your original question ........

Academics and researchers lie or not give full disclosure out of fear. They are essentially grant bludgers who can not afford to "go outside the norm " . A proposed study must be very close to a pre-existing study so citations can be made.

Failing this, means no funding. Remember unless you have private funding, it is a hard game to play to keep employed and relevant.

Quite a few others will protect their "expert" status at all costs. Even the truth.

Eg...... You spent your whole life mapping all stars you can see with the naked eye. How much hate would you rain down on the guy trying to invent the telescope ?

99.9999% of humans do not like change.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

thedeadtruth
To answer your original question ........
Academics and researchers lie or not give full disclosure out of fear. They are essentially grant bludgers who can not afford to "go outside the norm " . A proposed study must be very close to a pre-existing study so citations can be made.

Nonsense. If that were true, there would be no innovation in academe. Proof that there is exists all around you. I'm betting I know more academics than you do, and I sure know more archaeologists than you do, so I figure I'm quite qualified to call you on this one.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by LABTECH767

Those 'giant tales' of late 19th century America have a whole lot more to do with
a) Selling newspapers;
b) Justifying screwing Native Americans out of their lands &
c) Trying to account for North America and its original inhabitants, which are inconveniently not accounted for in the Bible
...than anything resembling either truth or science. Just so's ya know, eh?

Absolutely ... one also forgets, that when the colonialists arrived in America. They had a reason to claim their right on the land, and one was to forge evidence of, America being Vinland, as in the Scandinavian settler. That forged Viking evidence all over the place.

Although the giant stuff, may have some merit to it ... it is more related to people trying to disprove that the native American, being the "right inhabitant", of the land. That is, they had predecessors there ... and they originate from Africa, just like you and me. Therefore, their "right" is none. Actually, this argument is used quite often ... although it is rarely voiced openly in public. And not just when native americans are concerned.

One of the best examples, of forgery in America ... is "book of mormon". This is how deeply rooted, the need for forgery goes ... in fact, one should be very sceptical about all history modern or not ...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I live right next to Kawehno:ke, and would love to know more about the Akwesasne legends!

I have been to the Caddo mounds in E.Texas a few times and they are apparently burial mounds, i wonder if they would find any large skeletons among these remains as well.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acidx
reply to post by Wolfenz

I live right next to Kawehno:ke, and would love to know more about the Akwesasne legends!

I have been to the Caddo mounds in E.Texas a few times and they are apparently burial mounds, i wonder if they would find any large skeletons among these remains as well.

Here is a Brief Ive Posted way back in the day

A race of subterranean dwarves
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
A race of subterranean dwarves...
Yeh, here's a short documentary about that. Great soundtrack, BTW!

Is that properly embedded? If not...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-5-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ... ihretwegen?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acidx
reply to post by Wolfenz

Here is a Quick Brief Ive Posted way back in the day

A race of subterranean dwarves
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also was told by some of my Friends about the Legends of Little People on the Reservation of Akwasasne

One was a Forester and told the Tale of what he had seen .. plenty others have also

as i Said From Little People to Big Foot to Werewolves and Even a River Creature , the Famed lake Champlain Monster.

Monsters and myths: Beware the 'loup-garou'

Have you ever spied on Sasquatch or ogled Ogopogo? Do you ponder the buried treasure on Oak Island or sob over suicidal lemmings? You're not alone. Canada is full of stories about elusive monsters, legendary loot, mystical creatures and contemporary lore. Join CBC Archives as we take a trip across this land of legends.
www.cbc.ca...

Champ, the Lake Champlain Monster

The History of Champ the Lake Monster
Mystery, Legend or Myth
www.lakechamplainregion.com...

Big hopes for Bigfoot-believers as woman claims to have video showing the creature for a stroll in Northern Quebec
news.nationalpost.com... ebec/

most of the region of what im talking about is around Canada Mostly Quebec & Ontario ( Canada )
Mohawk Reservations in both Countries and Massena to Plattsburgh in New York USA and Ontario and Quebec is around the corner and Close by

Well this is in Maine, I think on a Reservation

pretty much like the same thing of what my friend has encountered

edit on 13-5-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

A race of subterranean dwarves...
Yeh, here's a short documentary about that. Great soundtrack, BTW!

Is that properly embedded? If not...
www.youtube.com...

LOL i liked it ty

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

History is written by the winners. Consider this, what a failure we would look like, if they proved we had been on this planet and nearly wiped out 5 times... Over and over we go on this cycle. The Maya say this is the 5th time of man on the planet. Yet, we are supposed to believe in Bibles that say we have only been here 6000 years. When clearly the evidence points to much more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join