It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Archeologists Lie? New England’s Ancient Stone Chambers Revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I find the fact that the academia blocks facts that don't fit their current beliefs or established facts is quite upsetting. Even here at ATS I have seen the ideology of clinging to the known rather than accepting that we have only begun to explore the many things that are under our earth and its oceans, to them I say "open your minds to the possibilities!

Why do establishment-funded archeologists and academics still pretend and cover-up evidence of ancient and highly advanced civilisations, particularly those located in North America?

There are hundreds of elaborate, man-made stone structures throughout New England and upstate New York in the northeast of the US, with many structures found in remote areas – far from any recognised ‘human settlements’.

source
edit on 12-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: oops hit the post rather than preview button - fixing things

edit on 12-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Root cellars? That is just dumb.
From the picture in you Post, it looks just like the "serpent mounds" burial ground in Canada, by where we used to camp.

How hard is that to figure out?

Me? I'd go digging and find out. Probably go to jail, but at least I would know.

Root cellars? Pfft.

Ok, video wasn't up at the time.
I guess we are all suppose to be stupid, and not care about our past.
edit on 12-3-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Not trying to correct you....but....
That Serpent Mound is located in Ohio and a very well known place to visit. I have been there a few times and can attest to it's majest and prowess on the lands that surround the area. That specific county in Ohio, Adams county, is an excellent place to find mounds and old native sites.

The entire region is home to numerous areas that have been saved and registered as landmarks, and preserved thankfully. There is also a place called the Mound City group that the Hopewell native Americans built and used for their ceremonial burial grounds. Also an interesting place in Ohio.

As for the hidden places in North America, if one takes the time to research and travel, there are plenty of places left (that haven't been destroyed by ignorant idiots) to explore and see the land as it was thousands of years ago. I don't think much has been hidden, per say, more that it is left ignored because it isn't important to people anymore. Sadly, these grounds are still being destroyed to pave the way for new mini malls and parking lots. Capitalism at its best I suppose.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

My apologies on the video being added after I had posted, I had not successfully posted a video before and while learning the tricks I hit post rather than preview. It was driving me nuts until I thought of starting it at the one second mark then all was well.

Thanks for your reply!

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Archaeologists by and large don't lie, we're trained scientists, and utilise scientific method in our findings and research.

The problem is you have a lot of pseudo-archaelogists out there making outlandish claims and offering up very little evidence for their theories.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

havok

Not trying to correct you....but....
That Serpent Mound is located in Ohio and a very well known place to visit.
...and not to correct you, but Chiefsmom was referring to a similar structure in Ontario...called 'Serpent Mounds".
Link
Anyway, it's a myth that 'knowledge' is blocked. It merely requires proof to be considered fact. Anything less promotes an Idiocracy.

chiefsmom
Me? I'd go digging and find out. Probably go to jail, but at least I would know.
There are easier ways to find out, like looking for published material on the subject, or getting in on a legal dig.
edit on 12-3-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Painterz
Archaeologists by and large don't lie, we're trained scientists, and utilise scientific method in our findings and research.

The problem is you have a lot of pseudo-archaelogists out there making outlandish claims and offering up very little evidence for their theories.

Totally agree here with Painterz, except I think highly controversial digs, I'm thinking about in the middle east's holy lands or recent Chinese discoveries, are squelched or spun due to some agenda.

ETA: Gave you a star for that Painterz.

edit on 12-3-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Here is example that I read just this week:

Sutherland uncovered strong evidence that an archeological site called Nanook, on southern Baffin Island, was a Norse settlement established around 1300 AD and was likely used by Vikings based in Greenland to trade with the Dorset. If confirmed, Sutherland’s research means Europeans had contact and traded with native North Americans centuries earlier than previously thought. After she was fired, the museum shut down Sutherland’s project and denied her access to her research. As a result, she has been unable to continue her work, though she has delivered public lectures about it and published some findings with collaborators last year.

source

So here we see not only can funding be withheld but access to research may also be denied, this is done in other areas of science as well, ie a certain plant the US has blocked research on.

edit on 12-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: spelling correction

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

AlaskanDad

Here is example that I read just this week:

Sutherland uncovered strong evidence that an archeological site called Nanook, on southern Baffin Island, was a Norse settlement established around 1300 AD and was likely used by Vikings based in Greenland to trade with the Dorset. If confirmed, Sutherland’s research means Europeans had contact and traded with native North Americans centuries earlier than previously thought. After she was fired, the museum shut down Sutherland’s project and denied her access to her research. As a result, she has been unable to continue her work, though she has delivered public lectures about it and published some findings with collaborators last year.

source
Oh, I'm quite aware of THAT one! There is more to Sutherland's case than meets the eye! This is straight politics - either is is due to the Government of Steve changing the whole mandate of the Museum of Civilisation and chucking her and her husband out for not agreeing with him OR (and I have a secret hunch) it is because Steve is afraid it will fuel Danish claims to the high Arctic and its resources. This has nothing to do with archaeologists stifling new knowledge...as is so often accused.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Nope, not that one.
Where we used to camp. Also Serpent mounds

I actually have pictures, before they made them close the mounds, were you could walk into a little building, and you could see inside the mound, and skeletons where still there.

Never camped in Ohio, but thanks for teaching me something about those.
edit on 12-3-2014 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Good answer! (:

I would like to point out the this was posted with the original tittle not one of my own choosing, I use the original tittle for two reasons; one so those that may have already read the article will recognize it and so I am not accused of sensationalizing the tittles of my posts.

I would add that I feel that much of our sciences including archeology are manipulated from the top and many field researchers are honest hard working people. Your reply would seem to indicate that politics is known to interfere with scientific findings and can trump honest scientific findings. I would add that this situation also occurs when tittled PHD's and such have their papers / books challenged, much of the lies are just an effort to continue the status quo.

I was expecting a good reply from you on the Sutherland situation, thanks for not disappointing me.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not to wander too far off topic but most down here don't know about the Canadian Serpent Mound, sadly everyone runs off to Ohio like it's the beat-all-end-all. We came across the Canadian site in the mid 90's and it's quite a place! Also accidentally found this on a map, and it's also an interesting place but just as little known.

www.pc.gc.ca...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Caver78
Not to wander too far off topic but most down here don't know about the Canadian Serpent Mound, sadly everyone runs off to Ohio like it's the beat-all-end-all. We came across the Canadian site in the mid 90's and it's quite a place! Also accidentally found this on a map, and it's also an interesting place but just as little known.
www.pc.gc.ca...
Just to continue this thread drift a mite, Serpent Mounds, Ontario has been returned to the Mississaugas of Hiawatha First Nation, and is currently closed as they are upgrading the park. It is a good example of archaeologists working with indigenous peoples to recover the knowledge inherent in the site for the benefit of both.

As to the premise of the thread, I have stated before and I will say it again...innovative thinking fuels discovery but in and of itself...without factual confirmation, it remains conjecture. And a knowledge base built upon mere conjecture is doomed to collapse.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

I sympathise with the Lady who had her funding removed and found herself out of a job for opening up archaelogy and debate about the vikings trading in the USA.

What I don't have any patience for is the academic view that only sanctioned research will be allowed and told to the public. Their idea that the public may not be told of certain research and sites and the bullying and silencing of archaeologists by the financiers and universities and probably the church also is despicable.

No one has the right to stop people learning about their past history. It only hit me actually last night watching a programme on the tv about a Prof who had examined a site high in the Canadian rockies first found by a chap called Woollacot. He found fossils for trybolites (can't spell them) that were living on this planet 250,000,000 before the dinosaurs! Just think of that length of time life has teemed on this planet. The creatures we were shown were absolutely wild and unbelievable. We are dancing around today 65,000,000 years after the death of the dinosaurs. That time expanse is unimaginable!

The length of time life has been on this planet is incredible. We have odd artefacts that don't fit our time lines and a whole megalithic group of peoples who went all over the world that we know next to nothing about. Our history some think is only a short period of time, but its most likely to be considerably longer than we are currently thinking. We do know that the Canadian Rockies which are huge (and very beautiful) mountains at one time were under the ocean, so its nor surprising that with our landmasses sojourning both above and below our oceans and crustal displacements etc etc its going to take time for us to get to grips with our past and especially our underwater archaeology. We don't need some people thinking they can censor our knowledge of our planet's and our past.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

As to the premise of the thread, I have stated before and I will say it again...innovative thinking fuels discovery but in and of itself...without factual confirmation, it remains conjecture. And a knowledge base built upon mere conjecture is doomed to collapse.

Remember when reading about new discoveries we are seeing raw hypothesis which are not conclusions though could be construed as conjecture, when in fact the discover is searching for funds to explore his hypothesis to its conclusion. Archeology is dependent on the honesty not only of the individual that is in charge of the site, but also those that administer the funding as they control our view of history.
edit on 12-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: used ex rather than quote

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There is one just like it in Cahokia Ill. and it is also called the serpent mound.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

This is a very important thread, At about 44 minutes into his video he start's talking about how the museum's mysteriously lose the skeletons (they are stolen, or destroyed) and this play's into a claim made several years ago about the smithsonian using a ocean barge to take large crate's out to sea where they were supposedly dumped in deep water.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.spiritofmaat.com...
www.keelynet.com...

S+F

Here is a native tale of Giant's with tale's of a hole in the ground to trap the giant whom in there tale was a cannibal.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

Here is another Discovery channel video about these giant's.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Now here is a tale from New Zealand, There was a tale that in the 1920's during the building of a road they used dynamite to blow through a large rock formation, only to discover that inside had been a cave hewn out of the rock and stone recesses in the wall's with large seven foot red haired mummie's in the recesses, the native maori claimed they were not there ancestors so said to the european's to do whatever they wanted with them, several thousand body's were ground up and used as fertilizer.

edit on 12-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'd love to take a trip up to NE and check out some of these stone structures.

I live not too far from Serpent Mound and it really is an amazing place, definitely has a mystery about it. Just told my hubby that we need to take another trip out there when it warms up a bit. I'll take some photos and post a thread about it when we do.

S&F for an interesting thread!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Caver78

www.pc.gc.ca...

Have you been to the Serpent Mound in Ohio? I've been to quite a few mounds and must say that there is definitely something "different" about it.

And by different, I mean amazing, in a uniquely-weird-it's-in-the-middle-of-no-where kind of way.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Those 'giant tales' of late 19th century America have a whole lot more to do with
a) Selling newspapers;
b) Justifying screwing Native Americans out of their lands &
c) Trying to account for North America and its original inhabitants, which are inconveniently not accounted for in the Bible
...than anything resembling either truth or science. Just so's ya know, eh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join