It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech Company proposes to buy Freedom Group, wants all guns registered and trackable in real-time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Just another reason to purchase firearms from small manufacturers, like myself.

No RFIDs here.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

macman

Just another reason to purchase firearms from small manufacturers, like myself.

No RFIDs here.

And load up on 80% receivers.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Great information thanks very much, it reminds me of the people involved in shorting stocks at 911. Prior knowledge must be great knowing Obama would be the greatest gun salesman in history. Wow how dastardly to buy the same companies you despise and use the revenue increase to control distribution slanted towards your political view. Brilliant but evil.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Looking at this company's financials...I'm sorry, I just don't see it, to put it mildly. And do any of these people actually have experience in the firearms industry? I haven't checked, but I have my doubts.

Furthermore, I can't see their potential market accepting this kind of technology. The overwhelming majority of gun owners and buyers are going to absolutely hate the idea and will likely boycott those brands. And then there's cost. I don't see how they propose to do this and still remain competitive in the marketplace. Even if it were to happen, I can't see the business model as being remotely successful.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

vor78
Looking at this company's financials...I'm sorry, I just don't see it, to put it mildly. And do any of these people actually have experience in the firearms industry? I haven't checked, but I have my doubts.

You may be right.

Apparently the employees at Remington heard about the proposed buyout and got themselves worried for their jobs. In response Remington sent out a memo to employees telling them this was all a publiciity stunt and no offer of buyout was being entertained and GDSI is too poor to afford a buyout anyway.

In a sharply worded memo to its employees, Remington Outdoor Company refuted claims that it was being purchased by a digital technology company, calling the move a "publicity stunt."

"A small, unknown investment entity publicly announced its desire to acquire the Remington Outdoor Company," says the memo, which was written by company CEO George Kollitides and obtained by Grand View Outdoors. "If this wasn't disruptive to our employees and customers, we would not acknowledge the news and recognize it for what it is: a publicity stunt from an agenda-driven group with no credible financing options."
- See more at: www.grandviewoutdoors.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Good to hear. I hope that it doesn't have any way of going forward.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

We need to think about what is behind this.... I will call it a 'stunt' at this point.
A company looking to get the connection made for this sort of tech being required on firearms through legislation?
Or the government working through the private sector.... floating a trial balloon?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Does anyone ever read anything anymore?

Seriously?

No one has bought anything... It is an unsolicited letter of intent, the financial equivalent of you wanting to take the hot girl out on a date, and she doesn't even know you exist...

Is it scary that GDSI wants to purchase Freedom Group? Absolutely... Nothing good can come from it. It's obviously a ploy to circumvent the failure of gun control legislation in Congress. Is it likely to happen? Probably not, and even if it did, it would probably fail miserably. Still, any assault on the Second Amendment should not be casually dismissed. It looks like the left has a new playbook.

So please, read and understand fully what is presented, and resist the senseless knee jerk reaction.

KEEP
CALM
and
DENY
ON

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Fortunately it's an offer to buy not a done deal.

Then please explain your title: Tech Company buys Freedom Group, wants all guns registered and trackable in real-time

Well?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Unintentional error. If you had read rather than react you would have noticed the fact that it was not a finalized purchase was mentioned and repeated throughout the thread as well as in several follow up posts. You're a "super mod" go back and edit the title for me. "Attempts to buy" or "proposes to buy" would be nice.
edit on 13-3-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I did read... Please review my previous post... In all of it's erudite grandness...

As for the title, it is your thread, I'll only edit a with a specific request, this isn't a multiple choice exercise...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Then all I can suggest is you get over it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Mirthful Me

I did read... Please review my previous post... In all of it's erudite grandness...

As for the title, it is your thread, I'll only edit a with a specific request, this isn't a multiple choice exercise...

Better than a request...

You're a "super mod" go back and edit the title for me.

He told you to go do it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the link and the memo, but we have learned from history that things are not always what it seems, deals are always made behind closed doors when it comes to the corporate world, should we trust these capitalist? it depends, perhaps lucrative deals that do not involve the selling of the company but more of a merging to increase profits while adding new tagging rules to weapons once approved by congress or executive orders will no be far ahead after all.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

butcherguy
If a war on firearms works for the govt as well as the war on drugs, we will be swimming in cheap, high quality weapons before you know it...
No registration needed.
I was thinking the same thing. The government can't balance a check book let alone manage an industry. Besides, what about the 300,000,000 unregistered firearms in gun cabinets across America today? Do these dolts think those guns are going to disappear? Do they think we're all going to march down and have our guns retrofitted? Bahahahahah!

Any way you look at it, gun "control" is nothing but a liberal wet dream.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
RFID ID chips are a joke anyway.

Any body with electronics experience could build a RF jammer that would block the signal for blocks around.
902-928 MHz (North America) UHF
its always surprised me that some criminal has not done it already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join