It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech Company proposes to buy Freedom Group, wants all guns registered and trackable in real-time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

DSI has filed a Form 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) providing information regarding three proposed transactions, including an unsolicited letter of intent to acquire Remington Outdoor Company, Inc., also known as Freedom Group, Inc. (“Freedom”). GDSI has made an unsolicited offer to purchase freedom for $1.082 billion in cash. Freedom has estimated that its net sales for 2013 will be in the range of $1.250 billion to $1.275 billion and that its adjusted EBITDA will be in the range of $235 million to $240 million. The Form 8-K may be accessed at www.sec.gov or from the Investor Relations page of this website.
Global Digital Offer to buy Freedom Group

According to recent reports from the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), an annual average of nearly 3.5 million firearms were manufactured in the United States over the past eight years. GDSI Gatekeeper’s encrypted digital locking device could be easily retrofitted into existing firearms or it could be included in the manufacturing process itself.

The ATF also reports that there are roughly 130,000 federally licensed firearms dealers in the United States, including some 51,000 retail gun dealers, 7,300 pawn shops, and 61,000 collectors. In addition, approximately one-third of U.S. households currently own at least one firearm. All told, the manufacturing of firearms and ammunition represents an $11 billion industry in the United States.

The company expects to derive revenue from licensing its proprietary Gatekeeper technology and from monthly database service fees. Authorized dealers would also be able to collect residual fees by enrolling subscribers into the GDSI Gatekeeper safety and security program.

Global Digital Press Release

So this tech company that specializes in RFID, tracking and databases wants to purchase a huge collection of firearms manufacturers with the intent of tagging and tracking all the arms and supporting databases for anyone who wants them (police and government).

Fortunately it's an offer to buy not a done deal.

It's one thing for tens of millions of gun owners to slam or boycott a manufacturer or two. It gets a little tougher when it becomes an all or nothing proposition given the size of Freedom Groups holdings.

edit on 3/13/2014 by yeahright because: Title for accuracy
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well that is how the world of corruption, manufactured crisis, big interest and war against the gun owners can be turned into profits.

Why take away guns away when is many ways to make money working against those that wants to own guns.

Freedom in America is becoming an oxymoron this days, but is all good for us and in the best interest of national security.

Big corrupted interest can not tag us directly so lets tag everything we own.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me.

When the Freedom Group went and purchased a major amount of arms companies and retailers, I figured there was more to the story than just a conglomerate of businesses. This was a deal to consolidate the major players into one main owner, and find a way to control the arms from the inside. They couldn't do it through legislation, so the big time money players did it privately.

The Freedom Group is formally owned by Cerberus Capital Management and Stevie Feinberg is the President(Source). Now, supposedly George Soros owns Cerberus and financed their start, but there is no confirmation from any sources to be found about that info. Both men are highly secretive and stay well out of the shadows when it comes to their nefarious ideas. I don't trust them.

Either way, it doesn't look good when all these smaller companies were "bought" by a larger group. But thankfully I have a choice when purchasing any type of items from specific retailers and now, I can avoid these ones:

Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
Bushmaster Firearms
International
Dakota Arms
DPMS
Panther Arms
H & R Firearms
Marlin
Mountain
Khakis
Para USA
Parker Gunmakers
Remington Arms
Remington Military
Remington LE
Remington PMPD
TAPCO

That is a compiled list of companies bought by the "Freedom Group", which by the way, the owner literally threatened the lives of some people if they posted a picture of him or his family online at any time saying, "it is worth the time in jail".

Not exactly a good work ethic....or great morals.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

This is how you can control commerce when it comes to the manufacturing of arms in the nation, we know that our government is run by a capitalistic monopoly with dictatorial powers, control the gun industry that is a hot item in the nation now, then bribe the whores politicians to pass bills that while will appease the anti gun crowd, while it will also increase the profits of the ones controlling the gun manufacturing.

Is actually very simple and very profitable.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This should help open the garage built black market for firearms in the US.
May not be a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Exactly.
Which is why I am glad to see we still have choices for now. Unfortunately, it looks like the anti-gun crowd will not stop until they get more and more control from us as we allow them to continually erode what is left of our own freedoms alotted to us. The RFID chip is inevitable and as we speak is being implemented in everything from licenses to clothing, all for the sake of commerce. The nation is getting used to the idea and slowly but surely will no longer see it as an issue, but more of a convenience. I still stand vehemently against the idea, and feel it is highly unnecessary.

It is terrible what is coming, because it is not meant to help us...but to help them.

*S&F*

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If a war on firearms works for the govt as well as the war on drugs, we will be swimming in cheap, high quality weapons before you know it...
No registration needed.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
That is straight up BS right there.

Bad enough GPS is on my damn car and my damn phone.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
...GDSI Gatekeeper’s encrypted digital locking device could be easily retrofitted into existing firearms or it could be included in the manufacturing process itself. ...

Doesn't this look like...they want to work hand-in-glove with the government...?
Flip a switch - and the entire populace (that continue to use &/or rely on these makes) is "disarmed"...?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
And I would be willing to bet that there is some government connection in this offer to buy.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Another possible nail in the American manufacturing sector coffin

A large percentage of gun owners/enthusiasts wont put up with this BS, Many will increase buys of foreign made.

Morons...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

where can i find a picture of him, i'll post it if it's not been done yet, and email a link it to him.
i don't take to threats to well

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Let them know an immediate national boycott of their weapons will drive their stock values into the ground!

That'll give em pause to reconsider.....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They should just melt all guns and stop bothering chipping them. Who cares that you can track people, when everyone is already monitored. They just need to know who owns a gun, so he to be more monitored. There is no freedom if there are guns.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

I've seen some illogical posts, but yours is quite something else. If everyone is already monitored, then guns or not, you've already lost that "freedom".

The "guns" represent the last barrier to the complete end of ever getting that freedom back. That's why they want the monitoring.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Actually I was looking for one myself, but could not find any either, I used to rely so much on my Copernic to get great links, from unbiased sources but since most of the engines has been acquired by bigger names I am getting nothing but propaganda sites now, this is what happen when big conglomerates control everything this days.

Yahoo comes to mind and Lycos

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

ZeroFurrbone
They should just melt all guns and stop bothering chipping them. Who cares that you can track people, when everyone is already monitored. They just need to know who owns a gun, so he to be more monitored. There is no freedom if there are guns.

After all law enforcement turn theirs in for destruction, I'll consider turning mine in.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

i haven't found one either, even the wiki for freedom group doesn't show their picture.
the CEO they don't even give a bio for and the preident, bio goes to a page about a Christian disc jokey/dance music artist.

pretty secretive foe a company that wants to track guns if you ask me.

edit on 12-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

That shows you the kind of corruption that is running this country behind the government, sadly this is escalating to a point that is going to be very obvious that is either them or us the people.

They want to oppress us but making money at the same time.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
crazy communists.. damn

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join