It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD respond to reports of building explosion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I hear they found an Iranian passport in the rubble...

Sorry I couldn't resist!

I hope everyone is okay though, looks pretty messy.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Bet its another 'gas explosion'...

I warned about these a few years back on ATS!

But could also be an act of terrorism if you think about it... some guys move into a flat in a building... they turn the gas to on... leave the the flat....

boom! It explodes!

But most probably a natural gas explosion by accident or a gas leak!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ya can almost sense a ff (falseflag) around the corner...if ya tune in.
No originality among the elite. Bless their hearts.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I live across the water in NJ, and I heard the boom. It was muffled though. I figured it was the port across the water banging cargo around again. Kinda crazy that we were even able to hear it.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Skittish, anyone?

Yah, other buildings nearby may have basements filling with gas looking for a source of ignition.

Gas is insidious in that regard. Its lighter than air so it fills a space (like a basement) from the top down. Pilot lights and motor solenoids are usually at floor level. By the time the gas 'level" comes down the room is a fuel air bomb. Thats why the building collapses, all the bottom walls and support columns are compromised by the compression wave. Which is even more serious being contained initially in a closed room (like a basement).

The gas had all night to build and people would get whiffs of it on floors above. These look like old buildings so the pipes and fittings would be decayed (like the rest of Americas infrastructure). The building to the left of the collapse zone looks to be built of red brick. They stopped that construction method a thousand years ago.

If a construction crew turned off the supply they might have twisted the pipe a little and cracked a "T" fitting or elbow further back on the pipe precipitating the leak. The supply valve is shut but the supply pipe is leaking. When the gas ignited a pulse of pressure would find, enter the pipe where its leaking and over pressurize the pipes in that whole neighborhood. There are other buildings that may be filling with gas right now.

They know this and are checking…

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
update report 1 dead 17 injured.

heart goes out to the family.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
FF? Testing the water, defining the grid(coincidences or not all these events as of late), getting ready for the reveal-"What does the public suspect?"

Op source and other MSM is saying; "Very strong fumes" but not dealt with. Have to be joking right? That area(near Central Park), that history...

OP news also says, "The building completely lifted off the ground before collapse"-witness ... a six story building.

TPTB, it won't work this time.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
And now they are testing the air siren somewhere around my house.. They do that once every two weeks though. I wouldn't even have shared this, but it hit me that I don't move at all when I hear that thing.. Kinda makes it redundant, no?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

KaginD
And now they are testing the air siren somewhere around my house.. They do that once every two weeks though. I wouldn't even have shared this, but it hit me that I don't move at all when I hear that thing.. Kinda makes it redundant, no?

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like it's to desensitize?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

confirmed deaths now at 2.

for those speculating (joking?) that this is leftover explosives from 9/11, this was in the exact opposite end of the city. I'm hoping it was a joke, like the passport comment.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just want to say here...My best wishes to all that are injured, lost and the families of both today.

No one gets up in the morning planning to be within a gas explosion or other example of infrastructure having a real bad day.

At least these are very rare, given the systems that cause the occasional accident. There is that to be thankful for.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I will say big thanks for amasing and extraordinary response from fire department.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed

I hear they found an Iranian passport in the rubble...

Sorry I couldn't resist!

I hope everyone is okay though, looks pretty messy.

beat me to it - on both accounts...

hope everyone is safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

MessageforAll
Right now they assume it was a natural gas explosion.

So did I.People heard the explosion.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
NYC Mayor News Conference.

2 Dead ,18 injured, reports of missing no confirmation of where about.
said that there was a call to ConEd 15 mins prior for gas leak, explosion happened before they got there.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So,Iam watching this live on CNN right now,and wondering wth is the idea of the mayor holding a press conference right now,while everything is still unfolding? Stop yackety yacking and go move some rubble off those people,go console somebody,go do something to help...geez
edit on 12-3-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm guessing the construction crews accidentally cut the gas line between yesterday and today.Gas accumulating.From the sounds of the explosion this could have been much worse.Hopefully there weren't many people in the building.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

AccessDenied
So,Iam watching this live on CNN right now,and wondering wth is the idea of the mayor holding a press conference right now,while everything is still unfolding? Stop yackety yacking and go move some rubble off those people,go console somebody,go do something to help...geez
edit on 12-3-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing.. Also, a lot of time was spent thanking everyone like it's the Golden Globe awards or something. Save the thanks for when the disaster is over with, too much horn tooting going on.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yes,that was my thoughts as well,like an awards show speech. Truly disgusting.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thankfully it was a small apartment block and at a time when most people would have been at work or school... but it looks like there may end up to be more confirmed deaths as there are still missing people. Fingers crossed that there will only be the 2 deaths...

Mr de Blasio said the "major explosion" had destroyed two buildings and heavily damaged other structures.

A number of individuals were still missing in the area, he added.

"Every effort is being expended to locate" them, he added. New York fire department has elevated the incident to the highest threat level possible.

Among the injured was a child said to be in a critical condition, CNN reports.

The utility company, Con Edison, says a resident in a nearby building reported smelling gas shortly before the explosion.

Source

A natural gas explosion is like a bloody atom bomb. I'll never forget when a house a few blocks away exploded from a gas leak in my area many years ago, it shook the entire area for several blocks... it literally blew the house up and off of its foundation and blew out both houses on either side of it as well, luckily nobody was in their homes when it happened.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join