I love beef jerky but it costs a fortune here in the UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

I was looking at the drying technique more than the actual method of marinating or the cuts of meat because someone might have a box fan and bungees laying around. Then it's just a matter of getting filters as part of your costs.

We use a counter top dehydrator when we make our own and we always use different methods of marinating than the one in here.
edit on 12-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Aliquandro

I was looking at the drying technique more than the actual method of marinating or the cuts of meat because someone might have a box fan and bungees laying around. Then it's just a matter of getting filters as part of your costs.

We use a counter top dehydrator when we make our own and we always use different methods of marinating than the one in here.
edit on 12-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

Yeah I agree the box fan is clever, but he should mention to maybe shim it up under some bricks (at the corners?) so you get better air flow and can possibly cut down on the 12+ hr dry time (and set in on a table near a heating vent?). I think 12-15 hrs is insane and the warmer air seriously cuts the time down. Also if you cut it thin you will drastically reduce drying time.

But hey, I'm addicted to the gourmet quality I managed to achieve after many trials and errors (even though they were still edible mistakes). But my preference is for thick, chewy and dank meat slathered in rich flavors. The american style jerky is so dry and thin with a basic salty flavor, just doesn't impress me anymore.

Might be time top try out a new flavor recipe soon. Maybe a Malaysian Hoisin BBQ in tribute to the missing plane.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Slim Jims are condoms over there?? LOL
It's like a beef stick. errr bad example too! lol

The price of beef is like the price of lumber; They take all the trees off of whole mountains here, yet, we pay high prices for lumber. I feel your pain

<< 1  2   >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 84 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def