It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbs of Utnapisjtim: Arctium

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

You're welcome, thanks for the garlic tip.

Ironic timing, I read your post right after I finished peeling and preparing a lot of garlic cloves this morning for a tonic extract. I really just experienced frustration at how difficult and slow it was, but maybe that was because I wasn't trying to have a spiritual focus about it. I'll have to try that in the future.

Coincidentally, I did have a moment of exhilaration and relief when I said, "there's got to be a better way to do this," and my wife Google'd it and found a video of how to quickly peel large amounts of garlic cloves. That was just in time for the last bulb. Funny that I got my experience the opposite of yours! But I had been peeling garlic one clove at at time literally for hours...
edit on 14-3-2014 by ikonoklast because: Corrected a couple typos.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Kool. And thanks a lot and good luck!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

ikonoklast

Ironic timing, I read your post right after I finished peeling and preparing a lot of garlic cloves this morning for a tonic extract.

Same here with that last one over here lol. Keep getting these deja vus nowdays, happens from time to time. Made me laugh.

I really just experienced frustration at how difficult and slow it was, but maybe that was because I wasn't trying to have a spiritual focus about it. I'll have to try that in the future.

Coincidentally, I did have a moment of exhilaration and relief when I said, "there's got to be a better way to do this," and my wife Google'd it and found a video of how to quickly peel large amounts of garlic cloves. That was just in time for the last bulb. Funny that I got my experience the opposite of yours! But I had been peeling garlic one clove at at time literally for hours...

Some might say there is no such thing as coincidence under Sol360 protocol.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: last word

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

ikonoklast

Have you tried Elderberry? Check out my new thread about it and read through www.botanical.com... for know-how and info and www.herballegacy.com... for recipes and formulae. Could do the trick. Worth a try if you can get it where you are.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm sure I've tried elderberry tea for flus and colds before. And I think I had some homemade elderberry wine a long time ago. But I didn't know it was also used for rheumatism, thanks!

Great job on the herbal threads.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Worth a try at least.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
From now on I will post the daily updates to the "Herbs of Utnapisjtim" series into it's Master thread. This was a wish from the admin, and I have to adhere. The OP will be continually updated to include the new additions of herbal species as I will continue to try posting about once a day, only from now on I will stick to the Master Thread. The first herb following this pattern that has been added is Nettles (the link will send you to the Master Thread:

[9] Nettles [Urtica Dioica] ==> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to all of you for all the stars and flags, encouraging and rewarding words and nods, and most importantly for having added generously to the quality of these threads! Hope you remain through the transition into the one-thread world.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is another interesting fact I knew about. This article, www.herbaldb.com... , deals with milk thistle and mushrooms. I have read about this long ago and ran across this and figured I'd put it in here.
edit on 24-3-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

rickymouse
Here is another interesting fact I knew about. This article, www.herbaldb.com... , deals with milk thistle and mushrooms. I have read about this long ago and ran across this and figured I'd put it in here.

Milk tistle or Silybum marianum is native to the Middle-East, but can be grown up here too. Must not be mistaken for Arctium though. They are quite similar to the eye, showing the importance of performing a thorough identification. But a cool find. Silybum marianum can be used to treat red fly poisoning and can be used to treat hepatitis and sideeffects from chemo-therapy. Reminds me I need a new liver though. Not even kidding.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Even the bull thistle has the same chemistry as milk thistle. It just isn't as potent, you would have to consume more to get the same effect. Milk thistle seeds aren't that expensive at the coop anyway, the extract is quite expensive. I tried bull thistle tea from a flower, it wasn't bad.

Another link on the most active chemical in it. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

rickymouse

Even the bull thistle has the same chemistry as milk thistle. It just isn't as potent, you would have to consume more to get the same effect. Milk thistle seeds aren't that expensive at the coop anyway, the extract is quite expensive. I tried bull thistle tea from a flower, it wasn't bad.

I guess you could extract the chemicals by soaking seeds in some liquer for a few days and then use a distiller or simply boil off the liquer at c. 70°C. Perhaps even water could do the trick without being too sure about boiling temperature of the chemicals involved. Anyway, thanks for showing me this, maybe I'll try and buy some seeds somewhere. Might do me good.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim

rickymouse

I guess you could extract the chemicals by soaking seeds in some liquer for a few days and then use a distiller or simply boil off the liquer at c. 70°C. Perhaps even water could do the trick without being too sure about boiling temperature of the chemicals involved. Anyway, thanks for showing me this, maybe I'll try and buy some seeds somewhere. Might do me good.

I think I would rather grind the milk thistle seeds to make a tea then add the liquor to it to make a mixed drink
The alcohol would bring the chemical into the body faster. Heck with going through all that work to distil it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

rickymouse

Utnapisjtim

rickymouse

I think I would rather grind the milk thistle seeds to make a tea then add the liquor to it to make a mixed drink
The alcohol would bring the chemical into the body faster. Heck with going through all that work to distil it.

Well, I have a dirty liver after decades of heavy drinking and drinking it with alcohol would kindof cancel out any good effect it would have on my already crashed blood filtration plant
So needless to say, I think I'd go for boiling off the alcohol

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Actually, alcohol stimulates the liver to detox but continual detoxing does degrade the liver and leads to complications. Rebuilding the liver would be the appropriate thing to do. Stimulating it to replace the damaged cells. I also have liver problems, mine calcified partially because of the medicines I took for five years that messed with the P450 enzymes. Calcification occurs sometimes to protect the liver so it can be repaired later from what I read. I am investigating how to repair this problem. I may have already repaired some of it already. The only way I can find out for sure is to have another MRI or catscan. Thistle does promote repair, but I pushed it too much by taking it for a month. I now take it for three days in a row about once a month. Slow but sure.

If I want to stimulate the liver to excrete bile I will have a drink. I don't drink much anymore, but understand the importance of an occasional drink. It seems that having cheerios with milk, I have a real allergy to milk, coupled with a mixed drink will cause a good cleanout of the digestive system. Alcohol also breaks down into acetylaldehyde, which I can neutralize with the molybdenum I take. I take the molybdenum for sulfite problems, it helps me breath because I need certain sulfate foods in my diet to control epilepsy. So acetylaldehyde helps to neutralize the nitrogen and when I fire up my construction worker muscles, they dump a nitrogen compound into the blood which dialates the blood vessels. I then get light headed since I do not make blood well. I have always had low blood volume and a very high heart rate. I have also had hypoglycemia all my life. So I get dizzy. Now the alcohol helps to pull the niacin out of the body, I pee it out. People who work hard often stop for a few beers after work, I think this has something to do with this.

I experiment on myself and research a lot, trying to find the good in the bad that they say exists.

Now the thistles and burdocks and other pricks in this world may be able to help me better than alcohol. I have been studying what all the problems above have in common, the ones I have had all my life, not the TLE that I got from the accident. These problems are why I was allergic to all the medicines. That is not really an allergy, it is a metabolic incompatibility actually, but I call it an allergy.

No problem, I will figure out how to fix or live with all these problems. The tachychardia is just an inconvenience, I worked hard all my life with it, only having some occasional problems. The meds they gave me were not the right meds for this condition, beta blockers just caused other side effects. I know what the problem probably is now, diet can stop the afib events.

Oh well, wish I had unlimited test equipment to monitor my research, but that would require me to go to a doctor who would try to push pills to treat the symptoms. I do not want to treat the symptoms, I want to understand the metabolic processes and try to correct them. Most all medicines are designed from something in nature.

Excellent threads you made.
edit on 25-3-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

rickymouse
I experiment on myself and research a lot, trying to find the good in the bad that they say exists.

Sounds like you have put quite an effort into reconquering your body. Keep up the good work man. Hope it all works out. Meself I've had a few creepy experiences lately. Don't know if it has anything to do with the supplements I've been eating lately. Twice in two weeks I have litterally fainted after seeing everything fade into white light NDE style. Last time nearly bloody killed me, cause I puked while I was down and stopped breathing for a while. Pulled the creeps out of my friends who were luckily present. I didn't respond to any stimuli and have a huge black bruise on me left thigh from them trying to make me react and wake up. It's as if my body is reacting to some sort of toxin in me body. Hope I don't get any of these seizures again.

Excellent threads you made.

Thanks. I am still keeping them alive in the "Master thread" ==> www.abovetopsecret.com... but having covered most of the herbs I know and am familiar with, posting frequency is down. I posted a few updates with new herbs in that thread, but there was little to no action so I kinda put it on hold. Soon time to post a new one I guess. Milk Tistle may be the one I'll research next, but I am also planning on doing a general post on Rosaceae or Rose family. Eating rose buds and apple seeds is one of nature's best in fighting many kinds of cancer it turns out. Have to look closer at that one.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: deleted cencored word

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

did you get light headed before your episode? What kind of supplements did you add? I have learned a lot from experimenting on myself, maybe I can help you with that
Seems like if you learn something the hard way, you never forget

edit on 25-3-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Lightheaded is an understatement. First time I gradually saw more and more light, to the extent I could no longer stand upright and had to lie down and could no longer see anything but light. Second time I just started seeing the light and then passed out and was gone for like an hour. I take zink, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, omega-3 and magnesium.

Edit: I've been wondering if it might have been some kind of religious experience, but then again, I only saw the light and somehow, eventhough I was intimidated by it after it happened, I was feeling very nice as it happened, some kind of endless love and I wanted to be there. Either that or I was experiencing some kind of NDE. I probably should call my doctor to get a check.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added after edit:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join