It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian protests - Strange flag

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I caught a news video yesterday which spoke of the protests in Russian concerning the situation in the Ukraine/Crimea.

While watching I saw a flag with a very familiar logo on it. I was hoping someone may be able to identify the flag/logo/writing on flag.

Here is a link to the video....
news.yahoo.com...

Here are a few images of the flag/logo/emblem from the video...

I wasn't going to post this, I wanted to keep it "fun" and let people try to find it themselves, but this is the logo/emblem I feel it is an almost exact copy of.....

I'm sure most people are familiar with that image.....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

We need a still picture of the writing on the flag (two whole words) and somebody who knows the language.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Isn't that the Obamacare flag? Big "O". Flowing wavy lines signifying the raging money stream...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Dunno what it is.

Is it flag week on ATS? lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Since the Ukraine is considered the "Bread Basket" of that region, maybe it is nothing more than a sun rising over the wheat fields.

But, yea...just a tad bit creepy nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

boncho

Isn't that the Obamacare flag? Big "O". Flowing wavy lines signifying the raging money stream...

I don't think it represents "Obamacare" but it is his logo/emblem.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Since the Ukraine is considered the "Bread Basket" of that region, maybe it is nothing more than a sun rising over the wheat fields.

But, yea...just a tad bit creepy nonetheless.

I agree. I'm not sure what exactly it means or could mean and I haven't automatically assigned some nefarious meaning to it. Maybe if the words can be translated it will help to understand the logo/emblem a little more. That was also my g/f's idea, "it looks like a sun rising over a field or a hill."

All conspiracies aside, I did think the similarity between the two emblems was interesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Well they are on the Russian side of the fence, so probably just a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I had to check…

you're right. Its a play on Obamas logo. Good catch.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I dont know about that "obama logo", but I know the black yellow white flag are the colors of the russian empire... currently the ones that use that flag in any demonstrations are the extremists, the nationalists and the monarchists.

hope it helps.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

ThaLoccster

boncho

Sorry I got confused. I thought since they didn't sign up enough people stateside they were signing up Ukrainians.

Either that, or...

When Obamacare was hacked through Belarus, they did it so they could sign up for cheap health insurance.

edit on 12-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
I dont know about that "obama logo", but I know the black yellow white flag are the colors of the russian empire... currently the ones that use that flag in any demonstrations are the extremists, the nationalists and the monarchists.

hope it helps.

Thanks.

I have a friend who is fairly world traveled and is fairly "learned" on political issues across the world. I showed him the images and he had the same reply. He has even emailed a political organization in Russia (nationalist group I believe) and is inquiring about the emblem/flag.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

boncho

ThaLoccster

boncho

Sorry I got confused. I thought since they didn't sign up enough people stateside they were signing up Ukrainians.

Either that, or...

When Obamacare was hacked through Belarus, they did it so they could sign up for cheap health insurance.

Honestly man if you want to rant about Obamacare I'm sure there are plenty of threads for you to do that.

Feel free to find one of those.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

hope it helps.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Russias "colors" red, white and blue?

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

intrptr

FraternitasSaturni

hope it helps.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Russias "colors" red, white and blue?

www.google.com...

Yes...but the order is different.

White, Blue and Red.

But does it really matter, other than ID'ing the country?
edit on 12-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The black, gold and white flag is representative of the Romanov dynasty and the Russian empire. It is used mainly by Russian nationalists today.

It was discarded by the Bolsheviks and that was replaced by the current flag/colors after the "fall" of the USSR.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

ThaLoccster

boncho

ThaLoccster

boncho

Either that, or...

Honestly man if you want to rant about Obamacare I'm sure there are plenty of threads for you to do that.

Feel free to find one of those.

Thanks

I don't give a flaming magpie about O-Care...

I wasn't going to post this, I wanted to keep it "fun" and let people try to find it themselves, but this is the logo/emblem I feel it is an almost exact copy of.....

Your words, not mine.

The colours are the same as the imperial flag of Russia but they are not positioned the same. It goes black, yellow, white. You could start there...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Heres the one they really want in Kiev… err, I mean the money from the IMF.

graphics8.nytimes.com...

Which hasn't gone so well, according to the Times anyway…

Year old article on IMF loan to Ukraine

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I see. Thanks for the clarification…

So one consensus is the Russians are behind the "Putsch" in Kiev?

Why then the "exact" shape replica of Obamas logo?

Maybe its an appeal to the imperialists in Russia to come along? A one world order thing?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
By the way, ПАРТИЯ ДЕЛA "partiya dela" is what you are looking for.

Since were not having "fun" anymore.

www.partyadela.ru...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join