It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neurotic ramblings of a feminist...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

iRoyalty
In response to feminism, we should start, demasuclinism. Where we all stop acting manly and start acting girly all the time.

See how long it takes for all the women to get so turned off by all the 'men' that they give up the stupid gender meshing idea.
edit on 12-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

It's funny because at first it would be welcome. But after we start pounding on makeup before a night out taking 2 hrs+, we start using all their hygiene products and endlessly bug them about our self image problems and how "I just can't find the right kind of pants to make my ass look perfect", and don't forget when we cry and sob during movies, or all the other things... Yep, suddenly that mechanic who spits in his handkerchief and puts it back in his pocket is appealing.

This already happens. I can't count how many girls I've dated, or simply ones that I know who went straight masculine/agressive after dating effeminate men.

edit on 12-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

Woman 'need' men

No, we are taught that we do.

That being said, I want my husband. He is all I've wanted since I met him. I didn't want the ring, or even the official, "married". I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

He bought me the engagement ring, as a Christmas present. I never had one for my first marriage, but it was important to him.
He wanted to get married right away. After many years, I finally agreed. To a small ceremony, in our backyard.

Not all of us are materialistic princesses like you see on TV, or feminazi's.

Love and trust trump "things" any day.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

chiefsmom

Woman 'need' men

That being said, I want my husband. He is all I've wanted since I met him. I didn't want the ring, or even the official, "married". I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

He bought me the engagement ring, as a Christmas present. I never had one for my first marriage, but it was important to him.
He wanted to get married right away. After many years, I finally agreed. To a small ceremony, in our backyard.

Not all of us are materialistic princesses like you see on TV, or feminazi's.

Love and trust trump "things" any day.

Same as men are taught to do the physical labour. When I see woman out in the trenches lifting heavy things in the sun all day I will eat my words

In realty no one is having kids without genders combining. So we can extrapolate that both are needed for reproduction unless cloning is involved. Then we are fast tracked to full blown slavery.

I agree with trust being vital. Love, well love 'just is' there is no state to 'be'. For example if I say to someone I love them, I simply have to be lying because if I did love them unconditionally then I wouldn't need to tell them, they would feel it.

I don't get my data from TV by the way I pay attention to my surroundings in real life. I have met great woman but they are all insecure in their existence. Not sure why but I guess the media has done a real number on them to make them seem innocent when the most influential people behind the scenes are woman. The game is misdirection from every angle. But really just look around you have dominating men and manipulating woman. Smart money says control the man control the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

boncho
It's funny because at first it would be welcome. But after we start pounding on makeup before a night out taking 2 hrs+, we start using all their hygiene products and endlessly bug them about our self image problems and how "I just can't find the right kind of pants to make my ass look perfect", and don't forget when we cry and sob during movies, or all the other things... Yep, suddenly that mechanic who spits in his handkerchief and puts it back in his pocket is appealing.

This already happens. I can't count how many girls I've dated, or simply ones that I know who went straight masculine/agressive after dating effeminate men.

edit on 12-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

It always happens, I'm quite an effeminate guy at the best of times (in fact I chose my avatar because it actually looks like me, I even have that t-shirt), when my ex broke up with me she went out with a guy who was just like me just a manly version! (He's actually my best mate now because he was just so similar haha she found MY soul mate lol)

I came to realise though, there's a time to be kind, take care on your looks etc and theres a time to just be a man. No woman is going to be sexually attracted to you unless you can show that you are in fact a MAN, the same is true for girls... I am all for equal rights and I do like hippy chicks etc... but I like feminine women! I like dainty, sweet women that look amazing in dresses! (and hot pants :p) lol
edit on 12-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
On a side note, the myth of diamond rings is a product of debeers marketing in the early 20th century.

Humans like shiny things no matter what the gender.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Not exactly but i do agree it is kinda did end up as being taught.

For example, back in the law less days, another man can come and take a female from a tribe, who do you think protects them? Men from that tribe.

Females became dependent on males for survival.

Tho that need is gone now because of a structured society with laws and police. Assuming it stays this way, women don't need men.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think it must be the company I keep. My few close friends, female, one is a mason laborer, the other was general construction. While "in the trenches", maybe not very feminine, out of them, they both "clean up real nice" and know how to be a lady.

While I agree the media does a number on our self image, making some insecure, many men do that as well. It takes a while to repair, but it can be done.

As far as saying "I love you", too many people have thrown it around, to where it has lost some of it's meaning. When I tell him, I mean it. But I also know, as he does, that we both "show" it in so many different ways, just through out the day.
Telling someone you love them, then hitting them, cheating on them, even taking the last piece of their favorite pie, makes it meaningless.
At least to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I would advise that you seek your wife to be's opinion because her's is the most important, wouldn't you agree?
edit on 12-3-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Tho it may seem like women are interested. Most of them wants another female with a penis(aka guy from feminized era), but It will always default to raw man vs raw women, how they were designed by nature.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Touche.

I was thinking more recent, obviously, but your right.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

....even taking the last piece of their favorite pie....

Then who gets the last piece!? In a true love scenario that pie would just go to waste because no one would eat it.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

boncho
what happens if your bride to be loses her ring before you get married?

That's why you get it insured.
If you are renting, you might be able to put it on renters insurance.
Check around.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

luciddream

Tho that need is gone now because of a structured society with laws and police. Assuming it stays this way, women don't need men.

This is true and applies to both genders now. This is the crossroads where male and female need to reconcile back to the universe plan.

Ultimately woman can take some male strength and males can take some female intuition to work together.

Machines can do the physical labouring much of the time now so men can be made redundant pretty fast.
Woman will always have something men desire at the primal level and that is their "star gate".
The female desire for security is less about their safety now and more about their self image.

This is how the universe works, if one gender eliminates portions of the other, then the remaining gender will split into factions of masculine and feminine to continue the balance, which would result in same gender relationships.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

boymonkey74
My third wife would only marry me If I got her a diamond ring....

I got a sapphire ring for my engagement ring. Everyone else had diamonds. I wanted 'color'.
I let my husband pick it out. I told him the cut I wanted. He did a good job. It was just right.
We went kinda 'inexpensive' on the wedding so we could save the money for us and a nice honeymoon.
I thought that'd be better then spending the $$$ on dinners for others.
We had a nice honeymoon in the Swiss Alps for two weeks. I'm glad we did things that way.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

LOL Not in my house. You ask. "This is the last piece, did you want it, or were you going to eat it later?"
Someone eats it by the end of the day. If it isn't me, (because it was his favorite), I know he bought me a stash of White chocolate peanut butter cups I can get by on.

I just think that women like the one in the article, have taken things to far. But I am happy to let them live the way they want, as long as they don't try to say all women feel the way they do.

Besides, would men be happy if we all acted and thought the same way? Because I don't think us women would. I like the many choices in a box of chocolates. Even if I have to spit some out.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It would seem that modern, rational women don't want big expensive diamond rings. I know my practical young adult daughter would not as she has told me that she would prefer to put a big down payment on a worthy investment such as a home rather than a flashy ring, expensive wedding or expensive trip.

Another slant from askmen:

“A lot of women wouldn’t want their fiancé to spend that much money on a ring,” says Kit Yarrow, a former jewelry dealer turned consumer psychologist and professor of psychology at Golden Gate University. “Make it a personal decision based on the importance of that ring to the fiancée.”

"Because diamonds are commodities, you can almost always negotiate," says Yarrow. "People tend to romanticize the purchase of a diamond. This is a major expense, so they need to stay rational."

www.askmen.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I forget the exact stats but I read that over 80% of people go the diamond ring route. It's good to know that not everyone is completely conformed to these commercial norms.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Words

Its called social pressure, the norm, you break that you are "bad.

Men and women will already have what their normal wedding would consist of... white dress, diamonds, limo... these are of course influenced by friends(who had a "dream" wedding) if you vary from this lane, you are either cheap or and other bad adjectives.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Didn't click the link fully because, honestly, I don't want to give her traffic (kind of thing to think about when you encounter a really dumb traffic post--any traffic might be perceived as good traffic and encourage them--god forbid). I think people look way too hard for gender differences, meaning in old traditions that may not even be the same culturally as they once were, or latch onto "traditions" that are basically a marketing ploy that says the only way to know how much he really loves you can be weighed by the size of the carat. That said, I do wear an engagement ring that my fiance picked out for me, recollecting everything that I'd ever said about the subject and finding something just right. It's small, non-diamond, platinum (allergic to gold), and it didn't force him into poverty for a single month. Only time it's off my finger is to clean it. If he'd spent wheelbarrows full of cash on it, he would have been so busted with me. I'm far too practical for that. My advice--buy what you think she'll like and not what society tells you to buy. Every time I look at the ring on my finger, I see how much my fiance loves me because he remembered all those little things.

We're not doing a big wedding either. The plan is heading to the beach on a clear weekend with a friend who is a licensed Pastafarian (lol) minister. We both love the beach. No uber expensive dress or tux. I'll probably wear something casual and pretty and he'll probably wear jeans. We'll exchange vows with the ocean behind us and then it'll be spending the rest of the time watching the kids play on the beach. And when we all get hungry, it's time to head to this great little burger joint to celebrate. That's our dream wedding. The cost will be the price of gas, hotel, and burgers. Zero stress and it'll be awesome. We're with you. There's no need to go broke and insane over a big white wedding. Far better to use the money to make life a little better/easier from thereon out and we do love the beach and being relaxed.

I also agree that, if one whines about tradition or feeling the yoke of conformity, then they are doing it wrong. I've only gone to a day spa once and that was to take a friend there who liked that kind of thing after her husband broke their marriage via fax. I'd have zero patience for a manicure or pedicure and, on top of it, why the heck would I pay somebody to make my toes and fingers look unnatural or even do what I can do myself? I find it so strange really, that these things do seem to be so prevalent among women these days. It's like an army of bleached, coifed, and manicured bubbleheads have taken over the world. I honestly don't blame men for laughing about it in the locker rooms, if they do. God knows that it seems like a majority of women on this planet look like they came off the same manufacturing line. Cookie cutters are bad for the soul, imho.

Living life is about being you. If one spends their life fretting about conformity and tradition, then like I said, they're doing it wrong. Everybody is supposed to be a little unique (some might be very unique lol). We're not meant to live our lives like we're going through a factory--> graduation, college, big ring (3x a monthly salary!), big white wedding, 2.5 kids, and etc. Screw that. It's about doing what makes you and the one you love happy. It's the art of compromise but better yet when the one you're with has the same values and dreams that you have, too. Some women, however, want to feel like a beautiful princess for the day and I respect that, too. Each to their own. A wedding should be what both parties want though at the end of the day.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

A ring is round and never ending like my love yadayada

Its really the symbol of the crown to be worn on the head not the 'finger', people point with fingers. See a gold band on the head filled with gems acts as like a power booster for consciousness. On the finger, doesn't really do much except symbolise personal enslavement. No offence intended but that is what it is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join