It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror Sector, Hyperspace, Subspace, Phase Space And So On As a Means of FTL Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Another possibility for FTL travel other than warps and worm holes is mirror sector travel. the theory goes back some time and may be the origin of science fiction's hyperspace or subspace concepts. but recently it has been evoked to explain a problem particle physicists have found with neutrons. neutrons that are unbound in a nucleus are unstable. they have a half life of about 11 minutes before they decay. but the scientists found that neutrons were disappearing before they should and without the appearance of daughter particles. so they worked out that the best way to explain it was that the neutron was shifting into a mirror sector of space time. they worked out exactly how this could occur naturally and determined that it was possible.

phys.org...

nextbigfuture.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

the upshot is normal matter may shift from our space into the mirror space and matter in the mirror space may shift into our space. they reasoned that this can occur if there is a .1 gauss mirror magnetic field which could easily happen if mirror matter had accumulated on earth even a little. so if this mirror sector exists then why not other hidden sectors of space time with different physical laws and limits?

what if phase space isn't just a handy mathematical construct used to solve certain equations but represents a real domain of space?

i should point out that mirror matter is not the same thing as antimatter though the term was once applied to antimatter long ago.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

So if a airplane flies into a magnetic field disruption, amongst other things than disrupting its communications can it cause it to slip into this mirror world?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

So if a airplane flies into a magnetic field disruption, amongst other things than disrupting its communications can it cause it to slip into this mirror world?
it certainly sounds feasible if this mirror sector is real. it does involve both normal magnetic fields and a tiny ambient mirror magnetic field. though if it is a particle by particle thing it might be difficult for a massive amount of matter to all go at once. i'm not sure if it is feasible because i do not know if that (all the atoms in a massive object going at once) is realistic even given the mirror sector. if it can't happen all at the same time i think it would not bode well for the integrity and well being of the object. but if it can happen all at once then it should be perfectly safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Hey Storm,
Does this tie into that "planck" space. I know nothing about the sciencey stuff but these ideas are cool. There is a book about self aware nanobots that live between the planck values in a sort of timeless space zone of reality. Science fiction but a real eye popper of ideas.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

Hey Storm,
Does this tie into that "planck" space. I know nothing about the sciencey stuff but these ideas are cool. There is a book about self aware nanobots that live between the planck values in a sort of timeless space zone of reality. Science fiction but a real eye popper of ideas.

i don't think so when you begin to add plank as a unit of measure it just means the smallest unit that can be even theoretically measured. that's my understanding of that. i could be wrong. but the plank limit applies to measurements of space, and time that are so tiny that they cannot be measured.

However plank can be indirectly related to other dimensions in the following way. many cosmology theories that invoke extra dimensions to explain the forces in the universe geometrically invoke extra dimensions that are rolled up or contracted beyond the plank limit to explain why we do not ever experience 11 dimensional things poking into our three dimensions and freaking every body out.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
speaking of that approach to cosmology i just had an epiphany!

so recently i was reading an interview with one of the coauthors of the paper on unitarity methods of analysis and super-symmetry gravity n=8. and it appears the physicists are making great progress with n=8 super symmetry. they (Dixon) are saying all infinities have been eliminated and accounted for which means basically the n=8 symmetry is the only version of super symmetry that works right.

and just now i remembered Boyd Bushman's claim that if you expanded Einstein's Equation with newtons binomial expansion you get eight equations; 5 of which describe all known forces and three of which should also represent forces that we do not know of in physics yet.

i wonder if that means since you have to try to explain all forces in terms of extra dimensions that there are 8 extra dimensions in space time. is this convergence evidence of that? or put another way is the result of the binomial expansion of Einstein's equation related to n=8 SUSY?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
We live in a scaled world where lots of little bits of energy interactions "average out" to present us with our measurable macro reality.

The little things that make up our measurable reality (and the interactions they make with other little things) cannot solely be measured using the co-ordinates X, Y, Z and Time.

For example: I tell you I want you to find an object for me in New York:

I provide all the information to get you to the location: ZipCode, Town, Street, Bulding Number, Room, location in room etc but when you get there you discover you are looking for an atom, unless you have more information, the limitations of the co-ordinates I supply becomes evident.

If we are in fact existing within an 11 dimensional Universe (highly probable) we are attempting to observe interactions that are too small (or large) and occur across dimensions we cannot observe so we presume "spookiness" where in fact it's just a lack of data.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What if there's just mirror matter but no mirror space? The same way as dark matter doesn't create "dark space". Mirror particles might exist right here, in normal space, undetectable by us, but bound by the same "no faster than light" rules.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

wildespace
What if there's just mirror matter but no mirror space? The same way as dark matter doesn't create "dark space". Mirror particles might exist right here, in normal space, undetectable by us, but bound by the same "no faster than light" rules.
well I do not think that they posit FTL being possible in the mirror domain because they posit mirror photons too. and photons (mirror or not) seems to suggest a speed of travel. but the mirror domain certainly seems to be treated as if it were a coterminous space with this space yet they do imply it is it's own space. but not completely (almost completely though) intangible. both have the same gravity and mirror matter may have weak photon mixing.

the thing was if there is one theoretical sector that has reality then perhaps there are others. the mathematics that underpins our understanding of the universe has many such domains. they are assumed to be unreal. but what if they aren't unreal?
edit on 12-3-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: clarifying grammar somewhat; i hope.

edit on 12-3-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Jukiodone
We live in a scaled world where lots of little bits of energy interactions "average out" to present us with our measurable macro reality.

The little things that make up our measurable reality (and the interactions they make with other little things) cannot solely be measured using the co-ordinates X, Y, Z and Time.

For example: I tell you I want you to find an object for me in New York:

I provide all the information to get you to the location: ZipCode, Town, Street, Bulding Number, Room, location in room etc but when you get there you discover you are looking for an atom, unless you have more information, the limitations of the co-ordinates I supply becomes evident.

If we are in fact existing within an 11 dimensional Universe (highly probable) we are attempting to observe interactions that are too small (or large) and occur across dimensions we cannot observe so we presume "spookiness" where in fact it's just a lack of data.

you bring up the point: "where" is the part of a wormhole that is in between the holes? into what does space curve? into what does space warp?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I like to entertain the possibility that einstein might have misinterpreted exactly how accelerating an objects increases mass. Maybe when an object reaches the speed of light instead of gaining infinite mass the object losses All mass. Mathmaticly infinite and nothing are very similar. Maybe instead of traveling in hyperspace we should first attemp to negate the mass of the ship before attemting to accelerate it. Bye using a powerful magnetic field to alter the mass of the craft to near zero, light speed could then be obtained. Mass would still increase as light speed was neared but the starting mass would be much smaller therefore much less fuel would be needed. I believe that once the threshold of light is passed an object looses all mass. An object with no mass would not be effected by time flow at all. Mass is required for spacetime to funtion. Generating the magnetic field required to negate enough mass of the ship to make light speed obtainable could be powered bye two seperate molten metals rotaing in oppisite directions ideally mercury and iron. The magnetic field produced bye this device would not only lower mass within the field but also act as a shield

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The part in between is literally nowhere within our known reality where this" is" is anyones guess

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Or another way would be to make two machines that generated powerfull magnetic fields. One at location of arrival and one at location of departure. We know from accepted hypothesis that the more massive an object is the more gravity it produces. We also know that gravity warps spacetime. We have evidence of this in gravitational lensing. If the two machines were turned on at the same time and started warping spacetime at different locations further and further eventually timespace itself would rip like the singularity in a black hole. Theoretically these two singularites could join creating a black hole at departure loction a wormhole through which to travel and a white hole through which to exit at arrival site. The initial purpose of the machines would be to facilitate the rip. After which the machine at the arrival side could be turned off as the departure machine should be enough to maintain and stabilize said rip. If arrival machine was not powered down before entering departure site the traveler could find himself stuck bouncing back and forth between two black holes forever

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The journey to warp speed has been embarked on by NASA. There is a project called Eagleworks Advanced Propulsion Physics Experiment making a proof of concept prototype model. I know they use lots of electricity to generate Casimir Field Effects which creates negative energy. They create enough to generate a bubble around a vessel and it supposedly can travel faster than the speed of light by scrunching up the space behind it and expanding the space in front of it, then letting the field retrct and the ship shoots forward in space.

Perhaps this warping of space steps into the mirror vectors.

Nothing is known about the experiment since it's media update in May 2013. Many fringe science magazines followed it but dropped it after no updates were made after that. I emailed NASA trying to find out an update and was completely ignored. I'm not sure what a "proof of concept prototype model" means but I believe it is not a fully functional space vessel.

Eagleworks Technical Report

News Article on Eagleworks

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Dr White's last update (that i am aware of) said there were initial results that looked encouraging but that he needed better signal to noise in order to get an acceptable Sigma for such an extraordinary claim to be believable and to warrant independent replication attempts. therefore he said he was working on improving the sensitivity of his instruments. switching to a new interferometer with the help of a peer of his. changing analytical methods and performing more measurements.

proof of concept was running a split laser through a field generated by the air gap in a QVPT coil. the idea is if a warp exists it will put the two legs of the split laser beam out of phase with each other because one will go a different distance than the other if there is a warp and generate a mathematically predictable interference pattern in the interferometer. he has also made the coil thing stronger and bigger.

you can see his latest update here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It always amazes and amuses me that whenever there is talk o ATS about the possibilities to escape Einstein's limitations of high velocity travel in space that those methods invariably involved high theoretics that have little or no substance in accepted physics. To wildly think in that manner seems as backward and as counterintuitive as an early human dreaming of building an airplane for locomotion even before the wheel was invented.

About every UFO motion that has ever been witnessed displays, the simple, easy to understand concept of existing in an artificially generated field around itself so that it moves entirely at will without the aid of air for lift or thrust.

By its very nature such a device completely side-steps any physical limitations that conventional physics must apply to any craft that retains mass.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Aliensun

It always amazes and amuses me that whenever there is talk o ATS about the possibilities to escape Einstein's limitations of high velocity travel in space that those methods invariably involved high theoretics that have little or no substance in accepted physics. To wildly think in that manner seems as backward and as counterintuitive as an early human dreaming of building an airplane for locomotion even before the wheel was invented.

About every UFO motion that has ever been witnessed displays, the simple, easy to understand concept of existing in an artificially generated field around itself so that it moves entirely at will without the aid of air for lift or thrust.

By its very nature such a device completely side-steps any physical limitations that conventional physics must apply to any craft that retains mass.

i need to make certain you understand something about Einstein's theory. it is this very theory that makes both space warps and wormholes possible. They develop as a family of solutions to the relativity equations.

if you can agree that Einstein's theory has pretty much been born out in every test it has ever faced over a century of time and is therefore as true as any scientific theory can be said to be then it is *Illogical* to discard the bits you do not like when they come from the same theory you tout as excluding FTL.

Relativity does not forbid FTL. it put severe constraints on it. those constraints essentially only expressly forbid acceleration through the exact velocity of light speed by a object with mass. something already travelling faster than light is perfectly legal in relativity. so strictly speaking it is not true at all that relativity forbids faster than light travel.

and besides the above seemingly semantic argument; the solutions for wormholes and warps are integral to the relativity framework. an inherent property of it.

new topics

top topics

join