It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowdsourcing The SEARCH For MAYLAYSIA FLIGHT 370: YOU, Help Find The Missing Plane Using TOMNOD!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

As the mystery of what happened to the 239 people on board Malaysia flight 370 deepens, a Colorado satellite imaging company is launching an effort to crowdsource the search, asking the public for help analyzing high-resolution images for any sign of the missing airliner.

Longmont, Colo.-based DigitalGlobe trained cameras from its five orbiting satellites Saturday on the Gulf of Thailand region where Malaysia flight 370 was last heard from, said Luke Barrington, senior manager of Geospatial Big Data for DigitalGlobe.

The article goes on to explain how to conduct the search using the website TOMNOD.com There is also a "how to video".

6,000,000 users have already accessed the site and 500,000 have signed up to help in the search. Unfortunately the site crashed and is not up and running. I'm gonna include a screen shot and the link to get you to the site. When the site gets back on line, i will be one of the first to sign up..will you join me?

My heart goes out to all the families and friends effected by this tragedy.

Thanks Pax

ABCnews

venusbuzz

The link Venus buzz includes a great definition of how Tomnod works. I am including a screen shot from Tomnod

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Crashed from everyone wanting to help?If i knew earlyer i would have joined too.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

Yes, apparently that is why it crashed. We can still join in the search most likely later today..

Thanks,
pax

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think this is a really productive great idea, and for people like myself and im sure many others that feel so helpless and saddened by the situation its a good way to try help! And it restores my faith in humanity when i see so many caring people like you willing to take time out of their day to try help others I hope that makes sense! thankyou for sharing! I hope they get the site up & running again soon!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

If you would have knewn earlier, it would have crashed sooner.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Star and Flag! Joining thread now so I can be notified (hopefully) when the site is active again. I have a lot of free time these days and would LOVE to help!

Hopefully this proves to be successful and we get answers.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

this is a very good idea,it's working for me fine at the moment

but iv'e got a map which has a lot of cloud

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure they have some idea of where it is.
While I commend this idea in principal, I dont think it will be successful as we haven't been told all of the facts about this incident.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Thank you so much for the heads up! I will be logging in shortly! I agree we are not being told all the facts, but lets dig around, sort of off the grid and see what we come up with....

Thanks kindly for the replies..

pax

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Cant seem to be able to zoom in specific areas.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This is a good idea - someone is bound to turn up something, provided the images are of good quality and are genuinely recent.

This reminds me of a report of Google asking people not to use Google Earth to help - I hate to facepaml myself several times at the stupidity of some people but then, I've heard of people using Streetview to look at their homes and then call home to get whomever to wave out the window........

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Could we be looking in the wrong place? This person seems to have an interesting theory that could work: mh370lost.tumblr.com... but they're asking to look around Beijing, however if the plane did indeed turn around to Malaysia, it could be possible that it flew right past it as people were knocked out on board due to lack of O2, pilots inclusive (this would explain why the pilot dropped altitude - either to see where he was going as his instruments were knocked out or to get to O2 rich air). The cellphones were on because the plane had cell capabilities but the people weren't awake to operate them and eventually passed away and then the day when the phones stopped ringing would be the day when the plane ran out of fuel while on autopilot and is now somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Is there a way to "open" all the tiles? If not, then it is incredible stupid, you dont get an overview of your location and what if you miss something by not clicking on one of the tiles...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I'll have to look at it later as the site won't load.

But I think that the site should load both the presumed flight path and the path that the flight was last on radar. It may help narrow things down a bit. I have a feeling that the plane is in the jungle somewhere. Not the water.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Okay, here is more information on the site....

I use Chrome as my browser and it will NOT Open using this browser. So instead I tried MAXTHON, it is a cloud browser and it works fine. To download maxthon go to maxthon.com It is frees!

As far as the tiles go and clicking on them I don't know because I am not there, yet.. I am going to go back and watch the "how to video" in the ABC link I I offered in the OP. If you have problems with the site or questions, contact TOMNOD, they will have the answers on how to navigate..Remember i am brand new to the site as well..

Thank you and I will do my best to help you on the site, as well

Kindly,
pax

here is the link for tomnod from maxthon cloud......www.tomnod.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">tomnod
edit on 3/12/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I tried IE and FireFox as well.

Neither are working.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It is working in Safari

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I am on maxthon and its working great...maxthon is a cloud service of Chrome i think.. then you click on the little yellow icon and each time you move the icon another tile comes up....pretty easy but hard to see through some of the cloud cover..

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Credible witness from New Zeland who was working on the oil rigs, 300 km s/w of Vietnam…….. reported an object on fire….!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Excellent!!! Dog i would give you many stars for this! Do you have a link to that map? If so please post so we can take a look...

Thanks,
pax

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join