It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated Nevada Test Site Google Earth Overlay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I was looking at the Wikipedia page for the "Nevada National Security Site"/NTS and realized a lot of the spots listed I didn't have on the GE KMZ overlay I created.
en.wikipedia.org...

So here is my updated version:
Updated NTS GE Overlay

Select SAVE AS and save it as nts.kmz, not nts.zip
edit on 12-3-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Is this for us or for you? And if it's for us, what do I open it with?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
Is this for us or for you? And if it's for us, what do I open it with?

I thought of a whole bunch of responses, most of which would get me kicked off ATS.

It is an overlay for Google Earth - you download Google Earth (it's free = www.google.com...)
Then you download the KMZ file I link in my post, open it in Google Earth, and all those cool looking spots located in the NTS/NNSS (well some of them anyways) are marked and explained somewhat.
edit on 12-3-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I'm sorry I didn't understand. We all have different strengths.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I'm sorry I didn't understand. We all have different strengths.

No worries, mate.
As usual, I made assumptions that everyone is as geeky as me.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I couldn't open it?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Meldionne1
I couldn't open it?

Download and drag to your google earth window, a new temporary place should appear.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

that is a pretty nice compilation...where did you get all the info?

nevermind I see from the wiki page! Very cool...nice to see the big picture...I didnt know you could send files like that for google earth....excellent
edit on 12-3-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
nellis range KMZs

Thus page has KMZs for traveling to various spots around the border.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Nice bro..I have spent a few hours looking over this area and wondering what the hell some of this stuff is...nice to know of sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer

that is a pretty nice compilation...where did you get all the info?
nevermind I see from the wiki page! Very cool...nice to see the big picture...I didnt know you could send files like that for google earth....excellent

I compiled it from a number of maps and documents I found online. Started off with one called "Yucca Mountain Site Characterization - Nevada Test Site", I believe they used to give it out on the NTS tour? I believe gariac posted that at some point. Here is a copy of it:
www.topsecretbases.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The map was given out on Yucca Mountain Tours. They could give it out on NTS tours now. (I haven't toured the NTS in some time.) I never got around to touring Yucca Mountain, but a friend saved the handout package.

Now I knew that Motorola map existed because it is on the wall at the NTS cafeteria. I kept thinking "this maps I great...It has all the radio sites...if only I could get a copy." Then I got a copy. ;-)

I have a number of overlays for "viewsheds" of the repeater sites and TIkaboo. I used the viewshed maps to determine the locations of which transmitters were on which hills.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

on google earth go to area 51-10 miles NW of Dogbone lake. 37*04'15.06"N115*33'58.27" alt 8717 look west to an unusual feature looking to be molten wax. With the little man pint to street view in the dark circular area which will take you to a weird view of a cave showing the default view of the floor being the night sky on the other side of the earth and a general ceiling pattern as one would see of a building. This corresponds to the Star ship bunker describe by Charles Hall being used by a group of albino troglodytes and provided by the USAF. Find others 25 miles N and 15 miles SW. Same can be seen near Kirkland AFB, Dulci Mtn, White Sands and about 50-100 miles in straight lines.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I cannot download this at all with Chrome or Firefox. i get a " This webpage is not available " error.

The webpage at www.topsecretbases.com... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17816411]JohnPhoenix[/
Had the same problem so used Internet Explorer

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The domain registration is good until September. It is possible the hosting bill is due, but generally the hosting company puts up a landing page to indicate this rather than let the page time out. So this is strange.

It is possible the site got hacked. I had a pretty relentless hacker attack a few years ago and asked my website be taken down rather than subject everyone else on the server to said abuse, much to the relief of the hosting company.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Everythings filtered by Google. A different conspiracy is that the workers may be tricking you by putting weird things in places.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
The domain registration is good until September. It is possible the hosting bill is due, but generally the hosting company puts up a landing page to indicate this rather than let the page time out. So this is strange.
It is possible the site got hacked. I had a pretty relentless hacker attack a few years ago and asked my website be taken down rather than subject everyone else on the server to said abuse, much to the relief of the hosting company.

More than likely, my ISP changed my IP address, even though I pay extra for a fixed one.
I am just on my way back to Canada from another holiday/reason to visit Area 51. I should have things fixed by the weekend. Thanks gariac for advising me it is down.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

My server hard drive died. I just replaced it and restored from backup, link in OP should work now.

top topics

join