It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstellar travel impossible, therefore...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You all know in all seriousness that what the OP states is close to facts. Not just close to fact, it needs to be said.
Even Mr SF needs to be questioned and challenged on his beliefs and motives.

I personally disagree with veeneetee but applaud him for questioning.

There is to much unexplained in this world to say what is possible and what is not. though I did think Mr Friedman was elusive and stated he didnt assume anything, but he did seem to assume a lot of stuff, no disrespect. Its a very tricky subject.

I am sure we all know that there are no simple answers, not questioning everything is not helpful.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

not questioning everything is not helpful.

Interesting use of double negation.
You mean: questioning everything is helpful...right?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
How does organic material survive outside a planets atmosphere? I have read mixed results with some of the radiation being beneficial to seeds.

I would say FTL travel will not be achieved by organic life forms due to the fact that the energy required would have to exceed the energy available for the mass to reach such an acceleration.
This would actually for lack of better words make something non existent to a physical reality.
Sucks to be a lame time traveller lol

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Miccey
I started to post something else
in here, but i wont...

Its no point.

OP fail

same with me, OP fail

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

eezveeneetee
The subject line states my premise. SINCE interstellar travel is impossible, the so-called ET theory is invalid. And your promotion of the ET theory has been central to the UFO "phenomenon" for decades now. You have been foundational in promulgating an entire culture of UFO hysterics. Therefore, you are either sincerely misled, delusional, or an operative in the largest, and most successful PSY-OP in history. You don't strike me as deluding yourself, or mentally imbalanced. So I'll ask, or rather suggest a possible explanation of who Stanton Friedman is, in part. Are you, or have you been, an employee or a contractor of a U.S. government intelligence agency?
It makes a whole lot of sense that you are very possibly a big player in perpetuating a very useful hoax that the government can benefit from: a sensational idea that the wishful would follow like lemmings, and serve to distract the public from various programs they prefer to be hidden. Assuming my theory is correct, the UFO disinformation program has been enormously successful. ET's arriving to our solar locale is an impossible feat. So, Dr. Friedman...are your checks from the government direct-deposited?

well.....obviously you are getting beat up a bit but I am sure you were expecting that.

Since light travels at....well light speed....we know that speed can be reached.....it already has....by light.

So....it is only a matter of time before we figure out the whole infinite mass problem....but we also know that light can be bent and since light, space and time are all connected.....if we can bend light....we can bend space....we can bend time.

Since we are talking about time....there is your real issue......solving the time problem.....because once you hit that "light speed" drive.....everyone you know....will have died thousands of years ago....even though it has just been seconds for you.

Unless.....you figure the space bending problem out.....then you just bend space and jump from one spot to the next and back without traveling so fast that your great great great great great great to the tenth power grandson is already dead.

which brings me back to your post.....who says that aliens haven't figured out this little space bend problem?
edit on 12-3-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

edit....God I hope I didn't have any double negatives!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
With our current technology human interstellar travel is not viable. However look at our technological progress in the past 200 years or so. We've gone from hot air balloons to landing a man on the moon.

Not so long ago landing on the moon was impossible but we now have the technology to do it and it has been done.

Currently in physics there may be ways to travel across the universe faster than light by warping or bending space or using a wormhole, without contradicting Einstein. There are a number of possibilities but for now it is out of our reach. To say it is simply impossible and will never be achieved is arrogant and not intelligent or logical. You cannot see the future.

I think there is strong evidence of technologically advanced alien craft visiting this planet. Aliens can travel faster than light to get here so obviously it is possible. lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Einstein said, "Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light."

I know Einstein was a really smart guy, but that statement always struck
me as pompous.

Your post struck me in the same way...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Source?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

JimTSpock
With our current technology human interstellar travel is not viable. However look at our technological progress in the past 200 years or so. We've gone from hot air balloons to landing a man on the moon.

Not so long ago landing on the moon was impossible but we now have the technology to do it and it has been done.

Currently in physics there may be ways to travel across the universe faster than light by warping or bending space or using a wormhole, without contradicting Einstein. There are a number of possibilities but for now it is out of our reach. To say it is simply impossible and will never be achieved is arrogant and not intelligent or logical. You cannot see the future.

I think there is strong evidence of technologically advanced alien craft visiting this planet. Aliens can travel faster than light to get here so obviously it is possible. lol.

well....your example of balloons to walking on the moon was very good.....that happened in about a 60 year period.....but what since then?

Our phones are transportable and smaller and have a bigger computer than all of NASA's during the moon mission.
Our cars are....less carbureted.....and less sexy I might add...
We have the internet....

but......what else have we done since ....you know....the 60's?

from the 1880's to the 1960's....we got electricity, plumbing, phones, T.V.'s, microwaves, cars, planes, moon missions, computers, refrigeration, steel structured high rises, nuclear power and on and on and on.

since the 1960's......ehhh....like nothing

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

rival

I know Einstein was a really smart guy, but that statement always struck
me as pompous.

Your post struck me in the same way...

he said there was an issue with "mass" at light speed (which there is).....not that it couldn't be overcome

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

As far as we know ainstain's last words could have been "E doesn equal MC2 !!!!" but he sayed it in german so no one knows.

I personally addopted the theory of using portals that make them move through space. But is obvious there is much more faster speed than light.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eezveeneetee

Yup…

Just 120 years ago all scientist was agreed that the human being cannot drive a vehicle speeding more than 70 km pr. hour since the air pressure will suffocate the driver.

What is impossible yesterday is possible now…Time and innovation will change everything.

edit on 12-3-2014 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Just 120 years ago all scientist was agreed that human cannot drive a vehicle speeding more than 70 km pr. hour since the air pressure will suffocating the driver.

Source?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

amkia

Yup…

Just 120 years ago all scientist was agreed that human cannot drive a vehicle speeding more than 70 km pr. hour since the air pressure will suffocating the driver.

What is impossible yesterday is possible now…Time and innovation will change everything.

Yeah like the creation of the "god box", a computer that scans the internet and works out probability based on data input from the masses. Its pretty cool but makes some stupid stuff up lol. Yeah so this little marvel puts together anything if you ask it a question right. Tells you where humanity came from what the religions are. Everything really.

The question is, do you think this exists right now

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

amkia

Yup…

Yeah like the creation of the "god box", a computer that scans the internet and works out probability based on data input from the masses. Its pretty cool but makes some stupid stuff up lol. Yeah so this little marvel puts together anything if you ask it a question right. Tells you where humanity came from what the religions are. Everything really.

You said "god box".....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

UltraverseMaximus

amkia

Yup…

You said "god box".....

The symbol is V
my favourite god box haha

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by amkia

Source?

History of the automobile (print edition) and their foot notes.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

ISBN number?

("all scientists". Really?)

edit on 3/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

amkia

Yup…

Sounds like chatbot to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Then I have to get back to library again to find out..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join