It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA seeks bounty hunters for Asteroids - $35k in rewards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here's article on SPACE.com that talks about NASA's effort to find every Asteroid in our Solar System which is or can be a threat to our planet. This plan is called the Asteroid Grand Challenge and it launched in 2013 and the objectives are as follows:

Detect- find them
Track- follow them
Characterize- study composition
Mitigate- how to prevent an impact

My conspiracy senses aren't tingling on this one but what say you, ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Too bad Boba Fett is in a galaxy far far way...

Sorry, couldn't resist...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

My conspiracy senses aren't tingling on this one but what say you, ATS?

Cool?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What do I say?

I'm flabbergasted.

It's incredible.

Amazing.

Phenomenal.

Uneffingbelievable....

The government doing....something....that makes........sense.

S@F for common sense

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
AKA "we dont wana search for asteroids, you do it" But i think its great idea. People that search for ufo can in fact find such celestial bodies, and win some money.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

ZeroFurrbone
AKA "we dont wana search for asteroids, you do it" But i think its great idea. People that search for ufo can in fact find such celestial bodies, and win some money.

NASA, along with other groups, ARE searching for and tracking asteroids (such as the Near Earth Asteroid Tracking program, or NEAT). However, they also realize that the resources of the 1000s of amateur astronomers of the world (many of whom already have discovered asteroids) could be used to further discover more asteroids more quickly if they are organized.

So it isn't a case of "we don't want to do it". It's more a case of "lets use an existing resource and organize that resource".

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Asteroids are #4 on the Wernher von Braun Threat Sequence (as revealed by Carol Rosin at the 2001 Disclosure conference)
We are going to have maybe 15-25 years of Asteroid threats starting from the Chelyabinsk event which was last year 2013.

We are going to see increase in the threat from close calls, surprise 1-day asteroids that we didn't see in time, big threats that cause great concern, plans for mitigation and weapons in space to cancel the threats.

To those that study the modes of operation of the NWO the Asteroid threat should be taken seriously. Asteroids are only now ramping up in the media/awareness campaigns. Each threat in the von Braun sequence has been a serious existential threat... the puppet masters of the NWO (not the elected officials) understand how to use existential threats to guide humanity where they want it to go...... one world government.....

Personally I think many of the Asteroid threats that will be presented to us will be false flags, small asteroids (1x-5x the size of Chelyabinsk) that have been directed toward Earth by clandestine space programs.

The media will play along just like they did with the other threats in the sequence, Communism, Terrorism and Rogue Nations.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think they looked up and said to themselves....'Self? Thats one BIG DAMN SKY!!'.

In a rare moment of true intelligence and brilliance from civil service, they came upon a half way decent idea for how to tackle that challenge before we find one the hard way while screaming things like "run!!!!!!!!!!".

new topics

top topics

join