It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMP satelites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Has anyone got info on satelites that can fire EMP(electro magnetic pulse) they have been mentioned in loads of other forumns but no-one has gone into depth.

Here's all the info I've got so far:

The pulse is highly directional and can disable anything from an apartment block up to an entire city with one blast. Please if anyone has info please post it. (do not confuse with star wars program etc.)

The satelites are in polar orbits so they can move to be over any point on earth.

Each satelite has it's own codename, so far i have learned of four F.U.R.Y., echani, marathon, thunder (i don't know if these are accurate they do sound bogus)

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
EMPs come from the detonation of nuclear devices, I am unaware of any weapons that actually focus it into a beam. I imagine it would be prohibitive to have a satellite with this type of weapon if it could exist, because it would have to have, amoung other things, a very tight range of specifications. It couldn't, for example, take out a truck, and then switch to a city, requiring a much larger beam, and much more energy, and just think of the power required to sustain a beam from outerspace onto the surface of the earth.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I can't find the source again but if I remember correctly, they were either working on a sattilite or had deployed on that could temporarily disrupt enemy sattlites with a similar type of burst. I'll keep looking.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwscc
I can't find the source again but if I remember correctly, they were either working on a sattilite or had deployed on that could temporarily disrupt enemy sattlites with a similar type of burst. I'll keep looking.

If that is true then all would take to make it reach earth is to increase the energy by a big amount.

new topics

top topics

join